BB: SKY: Skyline Conference

Started by d3baseball, February 13, 2006, 09:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMTPdthree

I'm thinking Mount Saint Vincent and Farmingdle State in the Confrence Finals.

Mount will finally have a graduating class also with some talented freshman who should help contribute to their run.

Farmingdale has proven to be a solid team under a good coaching staff having talented ball players from Freshman to Seniors

NYBB

if you check Purchase's website, their coach is doing a tremendous job of upgrading the program in every way possible.

MMTPdthree

why do i have the feeling you play for purchase.  Have they had a winning season in the past five years?

Anyone know when the pre-season polls come out ?

Pat Coleman

Hey folks -- someone from one of the NYC schools attempted to register tonight for the board and I accidentally deleted them instead of approving them. Can you reapply? Sorry. I don't have their e-mail address to let them know personally.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

NYBB

haha i do not play for purchase, no.  all i know is that they have a hard working coach who has done an excellent job of putting a team together and this year, i think it might culminate in at least a top 4 finish in the league and a skyline playoff berth.

if you want to see an extremely dominant player at purchase, wait until next season.

MMTPdthree

oh yea ? whats the kids name?
in case you didnt know - the conference switched from 4 teams making it to the conference tournament to 6. 

obv. ur a purchase fan, who else do u like in the conference?

Bob Maxwell

I like that idea of having 6 teams in the tournament... the SUNYAC is talking about eliminating their tournament.  BAD idea... Skyline is doing a good thing to increase to 6 from 4.

MMTPdthree

Bob - I totally agree.
It should be a very exciting season with a few teams with very difficult non-conference schedules. (including top ranked D3 teams and a few scattered D2 teams)

Quite frankly, im really tired of hearing people say that the conference is significantly weaker.  Yes- 3 very talented teams left the conference - but that is opening up new opportunities for new and existing clubs.  After doing some research - almost all of the coaches have been making huge strides in taking their program to a higher level. 

All in all - this will with out a doubt be an exciting season for every program fighting for that spot in the regional

NYBB

Farmingdale, St. Joe's, Old Westbury & MSV will be the top this season in my opinion (prob. everyone else's opinion as well) but i also know that Purchase has a solid team and they're playing a very tough schedule agaisnt opponents like D2 Chestnut Hill, Tufts, Emory, Wesley & Guilford for non-conference games.  MSM will be okay...Maritime & Poly still need help but Maritime has an excellent new coach in Oliva.  Poly's head coach ditched on them so their situation is not very good right now but i wish them the best of luck.  Yeshiva, although they've been a joke in years past, is making a stride to be competitive and i think by the end of the season, they will be.

I don't know the kid's name that's going to Purchase but i saw him throwing in summer ball.  He's a tall righty that has command of 4 pitches and i think has been out of school for a year or two.  He throws in the high 80's too so it should be interesting to see him pitch against D3 guys with wooden bats.

As for that, i'm glad wood is official next year!

MMTPdthree

Yes.  Can't wait for wood!

I think the conference polls should be comming out today (March 3rd) or tomorrow. 
Good to see that the season is finally underway. 
Looks like Yeshiva had a rough start - thats an understatement.
Old Westbury is winless in their first 6 games.
Farmingdale and Poly lost their opening 2
MSV Split with D2 Mercy.  With a combigned 1 hitter between 2 pitchers and Schor's first homer of the season.
Purchase has their first game today - I'm curious to see how they do.

MMTPdthree

Question for all teams ...

Who has the best freshman class this year?

NYBB

Purchase beat Chestnut Hill, an official NCAA D2 school, 9-6 today away at Chestnut Hill.

John McGraw

Quote from: NYBB on March 03, 2008, 11:11:57 PM
Purchase beat Chestnut Hill, an official NCAA D2 school, 9-6 today away at Chestnut Hill.

Chestnut Hill is also in its first season of baseball.

NYBB

True.  Chestnut Hill did have a recruiting class however and they also have scholarship players (D2).  Purchase is going to be good this year.

StarvinMarvin

you've told us a hundred times about how good purchase is going to be.  i think we get the point.