FB: Midwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbpuckfan

Gotcha. I thought you were referring to the general student population. Makes sense now.

St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

scottie

Most games that The Roop attends usually average another +50 for the entourage.   :D
HEY PAL, DON'T BLOCK THE SHOT!

fulbakdad

I would have to agree with you Scottie.  I have witnessed and tipped amber liquid filled cans with him and his "crew".  They travel well!

Maverick

Could've been his cabinet and staffers if he had won that election he was talking about over on the hoops boards awhile back!

I see Monmouth has their 2014 schedule up on the website.  Haven't taken the time to look around at the other MWC schools' websites--has anyone seen schedules for everyone else yet?
Maverick
Check out the website at: http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/monmouthfb
Go Scots!

fulbakdad

Lake Forest's is up.  Open up with 2 non leagues next year.  Being from New England, I know neither of them, lol.  Wisconsin Lutheran, and Gust. Adolphus.  First league game is Carroll (homecoming).....

scottie

Sad news on the MWC hoops board....  This fall will be different.

Maverick

Quote from: scottie on April 22, 2014, 10:53:43 AM
Sad news on the MWC hoops board....  This fall will be different.

Amen to that.  Certainly is hard to believe.
Maverick
Go Scots!

fulbakdad

Very sorry to hear about the "Roop".  Was lucky enough to meet him when he visited Lake Forest this last fall to watch a new Freshman he knew through family.  After reading his posts, he lived up to the hype in real life!  Prayers to his family.

hickory_cornhusker

DBQ1965

Quote from: hickory_cornhusker on April 24, 2014, 08:57:54 PM
Carroll has 2 final years in the MWC. They are leaving for the CCIW in 2016-17.

http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/shows/wisconsin-tonight/Carroll-University-joins-the-CCIW-256619801.html

Do I remember correctly that Carroll was in the CCIW back in the early 60s?
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

gbpuckfan

Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

gbpuckfan

the release:

Waukesha—(April 25, 2014)—Carroll University will join the College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin (CCIW) as a full member in the 2016-17 academic year. It is anticipated the university will become an associate member for women's lacrosse beginning in 2015-16, one year before full membership in the CCIW begins. Carroll returns to the CCIW after a 22-year absence, bringing the total number of full members in the conference to nine.

"We are delighted to return to the CCIW. It is one of the premier NCAA Division III conferences in the country and is comprised of institutions that are widely recognized for academic excellence," said Doug Hastad, president of Carroll University. "We are especially excited for our student-athletes who will be able to test their skills against some of the finest competition in the country. We look forward to renewing our relationship with these outstanding institutions. It is a proud day for the Carroll family."

Carroll was a member of the CCIW conference from 1955 to 1992. Since then, Carroll has been a member of the Midwest Conference. The announcement marks the first change in full membership since the university left the CCIW after the 1991-92 academic year.

"Joining the CCIW is a significant achievement for our Pioneers Athletic Program," said Joe Baker, athletic director for Carroll University. "Future student-athletes have a lot to look forward to as we also prepare to add men's and women's lacrosse to our sports lineup in fall, and begin renovations on our Van Male Fieldhouse this summer."

Founded in 1846, Carroll University serves an enrollment of 3,539 students and an athletics department that sponsors 20 sports (10 men's and 10 women's). The university is adding men's and women's lacrosse for the 2014-15 season.

"Our office will begin the process of incorporating Carroll into all of our conference schedules starting in 2016-17," CCIW Commissioner Chris Martin said. "We will work to create draft schedules for our athletics directors to review and decide upon as we add an additional game or series."

Currently, the CCIW sponsors 21 sports and will sponsor men's & women's lacrosse beginning in 2014-15. CCIW schools have accounted for 46 NCAA Division III National Championships in its 68-year history.

scottie

Pat:  I'd like to propose a posthumous honor for The Roop, which I hope isn't too much of an administrative headache for you.  Any chance his profile thumbnail (or whatever it's called) could be upgraded to "Hall of Fame" status?  Anybody care to "second" my nomination?  I'll copy on the basketball page as well.  Thanks, Pat, for your consideration! 

Maverick

Quote from: scottie on May 05, 2014, 08:42:04 AM
Pat:  I'd like to propose a posthumous honor for The Roop, which I hope isn't too much of an administrative headache for you.  Any chance his profile thumbnail (or whatever it's called) could be upgraded to "Hall of Fame" status?  Anybody care to "second" my nomination?  I'll copy on the basketball page as well.  Thanks, Pat, for your consideration!

scottie - I'll second that!
Maverick
Go Scots!