FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

It's colder at night, though, come on. Give me a break, there's no need to contradict everything everyone says.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3Somebody

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 05, 2005, 11:54:41 PM
It's colder at night, though, come on. Give me a break, there's no need to contradict everything everyone says.

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 05, 2005, 11:24:12 PM
It's been a few years since I lived in the Midwest but if I recall correctly, eventually it gets cold at night during the football season.  :)

What would you call that then?

All I'm saying is that it's going to be cold at night or during the day during football season...and the fact that BU has games at 3:00 late in the season....well they really weren't thinking about the cold, were they?

Why am I even defending myself though....this is Football...if you can't play football in the cold then you shouldn't be playing football.

Pat Coleman

Hmm, yeah, but it's not with the players in mind, it's with the hope that some people might actually go to the games!
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

aufb05

Why respond to D3Nobody? This guy gets his jollies off gumming the BU administration/Coaches/Players. If he is such a hero, he should go save BU from whatever he thinks is wrong with it.

I got to tell you D3Nobody - you have serious problem and it isn't D3 football at BU. :-*

D3Somebody

Quote from: aufb05 on October 06, 2005, 01:14:20 PM
Why respond to D3Nobody? This guy gets his jollies off gumming the BU administration/Coaches/Players. If he is such a hero, he should go save BU from whatever he thinks is wrong with it.

I got to tell you D3Nobody - you have serious problem and it isn't D3 football at BU. :-*

The son of God couldn't be a hero and save BU...but that's not the point.

How am I the one with the problem? Every post you have ever made here has never proven one point...what gives?

Mr. Ypsi

D3S,

You didn't have a whole lot of credibility earlier, but if you can't understand the difference between October days and October nights for the (hoped for) fans in the stands, I'm starting to wonder about the quality of the admissions office at BU!   :o

fishguy

Quote from: fsufan on October 05, 2005, 12:28:24 AM
BASEMAN201--Since you have an interest in CURF maybe you can tell me what their plans are when the IBC breaks up.  I am sure they will keep playing, but where? :)
CURF is joining the new league being formed by the Lake Michigan Conference and the NIIC - that league will have football beginning in 2008 when the IBC disappears.

D3Somebody

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 06, 2005, 10:31:17 PM
D3S,

You didn't have a whole lot of credibility earlier, but if you can't understand the difference between October days and October nights for the (hoped for) fans in the stands, I'm starting to wonder about the quality of the admissions office at BU!   :o

Since when are football games scheduled around the fans convenience? And is a difference of 30-40 fans really going to make a difference because of the weather? If people are fans...they are going to come to the game...if they aren't, they won't.

People questioning the starting time of games for the FANS sake at a Division 3 school...and you question my credibility  ::)

D3Somebody

Quote from: Gomer Pyle on October 05, 2005, 08:43:39 AM
D3Somebody: You mentioned the lack of stats being posted at BU.  My guess, the schools SID
  is not doing his/her job.  If you look at the Mac football site you`ll se the same .........nothing.
  In fact they still have 2004 information still posted . Talk about a lame site. ]
   Some of the "bigger" named schools in D3 have some really sharp football sites. Well laid out,
  nice clear pictures and the most importantly  they are always kept current.  Mount Union just to name one.
  Lots of "viewers" look to these sites for information and i`m sure there are other reasons
so you would think somebody,,,,,,,anybody would
  keep these sites up and current. Oops, i forgot, this is the IBFC.
  Anybody else want to chime in on the stat or SID issue?

Gomer,

You can't blame the SID for this one.....EVERY fall sport for Benedictine is updated to their last game except football....soccer and volleyball play 2-3 games/week....that's much harder to keep track of than one football game.

I guess BU doesn't want the public knowing their football stats...because they haven't been updated since week two. Oh well...guess I'll just have to keep going to the other team's website who they played that week.

Mr. Ypsi

D3S,

If you're only talking a 30-40 fan difference between 60+ and sunny, vs. 40+ and dark, you have far greater problems than I can address.

Let's just say that with a day game you have a CHANCE of including casual fans; with a nite game you will get only the die-hard fans - if you really think that is only a difference of 30-40, I shudder for your your program.  (At any CCIW school I'd estimate that is a 500-1500 difference.)

D3Somebody

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 06, 2005, 11:27:24 PM
D3S,

If you're only talking a 30-40 fan difference between 60+ and sunny, vs. 40+ and dark, you have far greater problems than I can address.

Let's just say that with a day game you have a CHANCE of including casual fans; with a nite game you will get only the die-hard fans - if you really think that is only a difference of 30-40, I shudder for your your program.  (At any CCIW school I'd estimate that is a 500-1500 difference.)

I have problems because the difference in fans at BU would only be 30-40 if the game was played in the day vs in the night?...I'm confused...that makes no sense. I would almost think that MORE fans would go to night games vs day games(i.e. volleyball, soccer, cross country day games). They would all be free to attend the night games. But who am I? You seem to know more than I do about Benedictine.

Shudder for the program all you want. We're not talking about the CCIW anyways. If you want to talk about that conference, I believe there is a board for it, right?

Pat Coleman

D3S,

Time to bag the belligerence crap. If you're just going to be a troll then you're not going to do it on our board.

Consider this an official warning.

aufb05

Pat-

Thanks for finally lumping this guy.

Maddog-

Don't tell us the season got to intense for posting on the the board. What's your non-bias opinion on the upcoming Lake - CUW game.

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: aufb05 on October 07, 2005, 09:39:48 AM
Pat-

Thanks for finally lumping this guy.

Maddog-

Don't tell us the season got to intense for posting on the the board. What's your non-bias opinion on the upcoming Lake - CUW game.

Let the guys play this weeks games first. See how things pan out.
  Plenty of time to discuss the CW vs LC game.
  Your right about one thing though, where is Maddog? I`m sure he has his reasons for not "posting" though.
  I hope all that "chest thumping" didn`t wear him out.  This isn`t  cut and run time it`s stand-up and deliver time.  Maddog, i`m calling you out. 
  Just messin with ya, put down the colt.

D3Somebody: My comments ref:SID`s were related to the football site only.  Maybe my comments were a little blurry but that was my intention.

zorbadagreek

No disrespect intended, but you Illini-badger guys are a bunch of whiners. No wonder the CCIW owns you. No need to respond I will be back posting on my own board, where football is the main topic not the weather or how lousy IBC is. Everyone in America already knows this. How bout talkin about what can be done to improve them!!