FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc_fan

I plan to listen on the radio http://www.wgrn.net/ so will keep the score from the Greenville/CURF game updated

FalconsFootball

LC is not as physically dominating as they would like to think they are.  I don't think Hornung really needs to worry that much. He held tough through CUW's defense and will do the same this week. He'll keep representing Fla well.   

Big_Uns

"Hornung held tough through CUW's defense"...but Lakeland beat CUW didn't they...because of their defense if I remember correctly.

Of course, I was not there to witness it, but CUW's offense wasn't that bad going into that game, and how many yards did they manage in the second half? 40? And a CUW person is saying that Lakeland is not as physically dominating as they think they are? So they THINK they should've held you to 20 second half yards but only managed 40?

Just a thought.

FalconsFootball

I was speaking more from the defensive side of the ball as LC's offense scored only 10 points, 3 of which came on a blocked punt that LC recovered on CUW 15 and CUW's defense held them to a field goal. The other touchdown came off of an option pitch into a defender who scooped and scored.  Good play by him, not so good by the QB.  LC's only offensive touchdown came when a freshman linebacker forgot he was in man coverage and let a reciever run free.

They did hold the offense to to 41 yds in the second half and it was a job well done.  They should also thank the predictability of the offense for that one.  Everyone knows what plays are going to be run and LC did a good job of stopping them.

I'm just saying that CUW's D is pretty physical as well.

redman04

• Everyone vote Brett Elliott for Heisman

Did everybody see this on the front page?  If not check it out and vote!  It could do nothing but help DIII football.
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

baseman201

Gomer -

I am glad someone finally realized that Whitewater would hand it to Lakeland if they played again.  Somewhere before someone said that Lakeland would give Whitewater a better game, and that it would be close.  Though it might be a better game, it wouldn't be a close one.  With Whitewater 7-0 in one of the best(if not the best) conference in all of D-III, I would say that is unlikely.

And I never knew Maddog said that they were hoping to play Whitewater again, what, to get spanked for the second time in one season by the same team?  I would be praying NOT to play Whitewater in the first round, because that is an automatic exit from the playoffs.  

I mean, the team in last place (UW-Platteville) in that league could probably give Lakeland a good game, and probably win to go along with it.

But, we will see how things shape out this weekend for the conference.  And I can't wait to see the team the IBFC representative has to play, exciting stuff.

maddog8

falcsfb, forgive me but the last time I play the game the offense usually went against the defense, CUW's defense was fortunate to have two TD passes negated because the officals made mis calls, The pass to McArthur White was a TD. Catching the ball in the endzone and then having it stripped is NOT an incomplete pass. So CUW was fortunate for that happening. Also, Bobby Langston was the only Dominate player that day from my view point, Defenately first team all conference. YET, the LEADING RUSHER in the IBFC is MILLS and THEY SHUT HIM DOWN litterally. EDGER the SECOND LEADING RUSHER IN THE CONFERENCE WAS SHUT DOWN. PLEASE, who is AU's leading rusher, Therfore unless Hornung has a superb day passing look out. He is a pocket passer, and last year was hurt most of the game from the second quarter on. AGAIN, I said this years DEFENSE is much more physical and faster than last years. I'm sure it is wishful thinking on the Falcon's part but these's guys are coming to PLAY. I kid you not. At 47 I have been around the game along time, they are not the same team as the third week. And Gomer, we really had an off day against Whitewater, YES they are #2, and YES they did smack us around but we were missing some key players on our defense, WE are healty now. Besides it was only 14-12 at halftime against Whitewater #2 in the country. Our offense did manage over 300+ yrds against the #2 team in the country. Unlike last year this team has come from behind at least 4 games this year, so make no mistake THEY do NOT get startled by being behind. They have the BEST COACH in the conference and he will have them ready be asured of that.

aufb05

Maddog-

Hope LAKE plays as good as you post. LAKE's win against CUW was a gift. As for WW, they didn't have a good day and LAKE didn't have a bad day. LAKE (or any team in the IBFC) doesn't play at their level. That isn't to say that LAKE could not have made it more interesting. By the way none of the teams are the same as they were in week three. Your a great dad and a better fan, so is Mr. Hornung. The difference is he doesn't post on how AU's D will test the skills of LAKE's QB. Might want to think about that. No sense in making this game personal.

Gomer Pyle

maddog8: You know, maybe Aufbo5 has a point.
  I know for sure your talking from a clean, hard fought game stand point but maybe singling out a certain player from the opposing team  might led people to think other wise.
  LC is the most penalized ( or close to it)  team in the conference
  ( if i`m  wrong my apologise) that alone calls into question their discipline. Can`t blame it all on the refs. 
   Remember last year when LC had those NFL linemen types? No point. just was thinking about it.

maddog8

Guys, first the Hornung name is a legand and Andrew is a super QB from what I have seen, you guys seem to say he is the differance maker of this game, I'm saying that the D will be ready. Frankly I would be shockewd if Coach Duncan didn't have his troops ready. Besides I thought this was suppose to be fun for US, I would be disappointed if the players were writing this stuff, but us this is all fun for me no harm intended. Just my thoughts of the game to be played. In addition if this is what it takes to get any team fired up then they really don't know how to play the true game. This is for us old timers not them. I hardly doubt if Hornung read this stuff. Again take nothing away from him HE IS AUs TEAM on offense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I personnally know that one.

uamusme

Quote from: Gomer Pyle on October 26, 2005, 04:02:28 PM
   Remember last year when LC had those NFL linemen types? No point. just was thinking about it.

Are you referring to size? Because they returned 3 out of 4 starting d-linemen if i remember right, only one end not returning and being replaced by a medical redshirt.

maddog8

Hey guys a few things before I stop posting 1). Gomer you asked me to post because, I haven't all year and THAT WAS NOT MY STYLE. so I have since posted. 2) I would never condon, support or be PROUD of ANYONE taking a CHEAP SHOT on any player, that's not what I was refering to if you guys thought that. NOT MY STYLE. 3). Andrew is a super player and on the "ALL MADDOG TEAM". sO PLEASE DON'T  EVEN THINK THAT I WAS HOPING THAT. I never want any player to get hurt regardless of who it is, NOT MY STYLE. and lastly AU will be ready for this game I was just having some fun, so I thought. Never again will I post other than the "ALL MADDOG TEAM".  sorry but you call me out then want to critise me. I look forward to a great game and will support who EVER represents the IBFC OUT FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh and as for a proud parent well who wouldn't be if there child was playing college sports, weather they start or NOT!

aufb05

Maddog-

Just didn't want anyone reading you the wrong way. This Board has 416 post and 12,036 views. You can bet the players read what we say. Your "may-a-cupa" was well meant and well taken - no need to leave the Board.   

fishguy

Quote from: aufb05 on October 26, 2005, 03:00:14 PM
LAKE's win against CUW was a gift.

No it wasn't - Lakeland rallied from a 14-0 deficit by completely shutting down CUW's offense, especially in the second half, and had it not been for a dropped TD pass, it would have been a 10-point win. It was a great game between the two best teams in the league this season, and on that day the better team - and likely IBC playoff rep - won a hard-fought victory.

Fluffypuppy

Is Nick Buffano still the starting tailback for Aurora or will he be out this week.  I thought I heard he messed up his wrist.  Any truth to this rumor?