FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Maddog,

I don't think I can do anything else, no. When you log in, you might want to check the box that says 'always keep me logged in' or something like that.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

maddog8

maddog8

The 2005 'ALL MADDOG DEFENSIVE TEAM'
DB------------------------ROBBIE PERRY-------------------------AU
DB------------------------JERREL DAVIDSON--------------------AU
DB------------------------MARK SCHOPP-------------------------GC
DB------------------------RICK HUTCHINS-----------------------CW
DB------------------------TYRECE
LB-------------------------RYAN VAN DE LOO--------------------LC
LB-------------------------JR. HARRIEL----------------------------GC
LB-------------------------LARRY PIROLLO-----------------------MAC
LB-------------------------SIJI MOORE----------------------------EC
LB-------------------------SCOTT GERHKE------------------------CW
DL------------------------BOBBY LANGSTON---------------------CW---C
DL------------------------WILBUR ALLEN-------------------------CW
DL------------------------DAVID BENTON-------------------------LC----C
DL------------------------NICK ZECK------------------------------LC
DL------------------------JUSTIN ALLEN--------------------------CI

K--------------------------KYLE SANNIEC-------------------------GC

P--------------------------REGGIE ANTHONY---------------------GC

PR-------------------------ERIC BAYERL---------------------------LC

KR-------------------------BRYSON TAYLOR-----------------------GC

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR--------------------DAVID BENTON---------LC

maddog8

sorry that DB without a last name is Tyrece Warner from Lakeland College

maddog8

Offensive team tonight and offensive player of year and also what everyone is waiting for MY PICK for MADDOG PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHY????

Soulsenda

base u like that player?  yea I know i know im friggin hilarious!  word word word...

Maddog...G money...what is with the sister comment after soul?  was that an insult?  cmon now  wasnt saying anything bad or good about u being the kids dad.  Its ok.  Ur son plays hard and well and is prolly gonna be ur pick for O playa of the yr which is fine.  It should either be him or Mills, the RB from CW.  Doesnt matter who gets it and u should be gettin angry with a bunch of kids on a website when ur a 50 yr old man who is in a chat room with college kids talking football.   You know better than that.  Anyways as far as the Maddog selections you make they're ok for the most part but also pretty bad in some cases like picking kids who havent even played this yr due to knee injuries.  ANd cmon putting me on third team as WR?  You know better than that.  You know Im one of the top receivers in conference.  Cmon, dont be bashful. 

I hope Lakeland pulls it out this weekend honestly and I would like to see my former QB maine south legend Shawn Kain get far in  the playoffs even if it is only on special teams behind ur son at QB.  he already has a nice fat state ring from our sr yr (state champs '00, quite possibly one of the best state runs in history).  Good luck Muskies.  And for you Maddog Im gonna post the ALL SOULSENDA PLAYCOUSIN team shortly.  We'll see how our picks match up.

Big_Uns

Wow the IBFC bashing is incredible on this board since the Augie folks showed up. Granted, our conferences are no match for each other. The only way to compare these two teams is to look at a team that they both played: Carthage.

Lakeland accumulated MORE yards against that stingy Carthage D than Augie, 200-178, and only gave up 11 more yards to Carthage's offense. Lakeland was without two starters on D that day. Both games were played in Kenosha.

I liked what was said about Lakeland against Concordia. CUW is the best rushing team in the IBFC and probably the closest offensive styled team to Augie, and most agree that the second half of the LC/CUW game was the turning point on defense for Lakeland, who haven't give up more than 80 yards rushing since that game.

Believe me, LC knows what they have to do to beat Augie. This is why I think this will be a lot closer than those CCIW guys would like to think.

Mugsy

Quote from: Big_Uns on November 15, 2005, 03:19:53 PM
Wow the IBFC bashing is incredible on this board since the Augie folks showed up.

Not sure I was "bashing" Lakeland.  I gave an opinion, but I don't think I disparaged them.  Do I think the CCIW is significantly stronger than the IBC, yes and there is a lot to validate that thought - all the way from non-conference records, to past playoff success, etc...  Do I think Augie will win?  Yes, but I'm not claiming a 77-12 throttling.

While the only comparison to make is via Carthage, it is difficult to weigh because it took place so early on in the season.  Carthage, while a quality team, did not have the level of year they expected.  Their defense was VERY tough, but their offense struggled most of the year.  The reason Augie was able to run the table on a VERY competitive CCIW schedule (more so than any year I can remember) is that they are equally tough on both sides of the ball.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

formerd3db

If Lakeland somehow pulls the upset on Augie, then some people will have a lot of crow to eat! :o :D
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

FalconsFootball

I hope LC is fired up after all the talk Augistana fans have been doing on this board, becuase there is nothing I love to see more than an unbalanced offense flounder due to that very fact.  I enjoy watching teams that can't throw piddle around when they are down by a couple scores.  That should be a lesson to all offensive coordinators.  Sure the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while and unbalanced offences win a couple games. But they usually don't fair to well against any good defense.

That is the problem with CUW's offense.  They are built to get through the IBFC teams, which didn't happen this year, but when it comes down to it they can't get past good, disciplined defenses. They have, arguably, the best recieving corps and best backfield, however, when they become one dimensional or only run 3-4 different plays any respectable defense should be able to stop them.

As long as LC plays disciplined, gap control football they will be fine. I played in the game CUW v. LAX which was the 3rd best team in the nation that year and we "hung" untill our punter gave them the ball on the 30 yard line 6 times in the second half.  The point is Aug. is not nearly the team LAX was that year and LC has a good defense.  

LC - 17
AUG - 14    

uamusme

Quote from: Gomer Pyle on November 15, 2005, 09:30:01 AM
  Just looked at the D3 Top 25 and no LC.
   They don`t even show up on the "others receiving votes" section . Why is that?

Gomer, you say this all the time. No one disputes with you the fact that Lakeland is not ranked and did not get any other votes either.

No one that I have found on this board has said that Lakeland should be ranked or receive any votes. So why post it more than once?

I understand you're trying to be a reality check, but still... it's beating a long dead horse.

If I missed someone saying Lakeland should have gotten votes or be ranked, I apologize in advance.

As everyone knows, rank does not mean really all that much when it comes down to it. If you believe it does, than a win by Auggie by any less than 40 points would be a moral victory for Lakeland.

Hell according to some people on this board scoring at all should be a victory for Lakeland, because we are unranked unvoted for school...

The only way we KNOW who will win, will be about two and a half to three hours after kickoff... That is the only true fact right now

maddog8

Soulsenda, nothing personnal, just thought you were a girl, a person at work her has the name soulcome, soulsenda--soulcome close??  one sends one comes.

Yes Joe you are one of the best receivers but this year there were some standout guys who were deserving. I'm sure you will have the numbers next yr. I hope so because its guys like you that are keeping me watching DIII instead of DII. Best of luck next yr to all.

Let the Augies talk time is winding down fast here. As I said in the past talk is cheap on this or any site. Sat is what counts and Lakeland will be there ready, bank on that. They didn't work this hard to just GET there they did it to WIN.

And Joe I'm 47 not 50 cut me some slack sion

baseman201

Soul -

Joe Sergo eh, that was a nice little 90 yd return you had against us last Saturday.  Although, we only held you to 1 catch for 7 yards.

And maddog, what will you be wearing on Saturday?  Your sons jersey?  Just want to put a face to a fellow poster.  Although, I havent been really posting great things about Lakeland, but just my opinions.  Love not hate maddog.......love

And to any Augustana students or players.  If I just show up to the game, I will be able to get in right?  I mean, I don't want to drive 2 1/2 hours, show up and find out there isn't any room left in the stadium, or find out we need tickets in advance or something like that.

Alright, I am done

d3ftball1

Maddog

I didn't see the 2nd and 3rd Maddog team for defense. Did I somehow miss it?

augiedogie

baseman201:

You won't have a problem getting into the game at Augie.  Augie will be on fall break by that time so I don't think the crowd will be too large. The vistor's side doesn't have the largest set of bleachers, but they always allow people to stand anywhere around the stadium. I advise if you have to stand to not stand in the endzone by the scoreboard because that is were a lot of students that might have been thirsty before the game tend to stand. There is normally a shortage of parking around the stadium so just be aware of that as well. Looking forward to a great playoff game this weekend! I don't believe that they will sell tickets in advance, but I know that students will have to pay for the game for a change.