FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog8

formerd3db, If I remember correctly, Lakeland, CUW, CERF and Aurora will go to the LMC as for the rest I have no clue. Should be interesting

gc_fan

I found this post from November 2005, on the UMAC post pattern from Matt Hill, AD at Northwestern College in MN and commishioner of the UMAC conference....

It looks as though the SLIAC and UMAC conference football teams are going to form a new football alliance under the SLIAC name starting in 2008.  By 2010 the league will have an AQ.

A meeting was held in St. Louis on Monday and the presidents and athletic directors from the UMAC and SLIAC colleges have tentatively agreed on a 10-team 2-divison league.

The league will add MacMurray, Greenville, and Eureka, and lose Rockford and Marantha to the Lake Michigan

On a side note (that I am posting) not the commish - the UMAC currently has a "dome day" that is played in the Metrodome at the end of the season to determine the conference champion, with the 2 divisions, it would not surprise me to possibly rotate the dome day every other year between the Metrodome and Edward Jones Dome (home of the Rams) in St. Louis.

Big_Uns

Benedictine will also go to the "LMC"

Cougswillwin

So is this year the last year of the IBFC? Or will the IBFC be around for this year and the next?
"And when the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinnin circles in the pastures........DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!"

illinihscoach05

I have heard through reliable sources I know in both leagues that this vote was tabled to be looked at further and that the IBFC schools were not all in favor of this.  Anyone hear anything along these lines?

IBFC_Alum

if the SLIAC and the UMAC were to unite and form two divisions I would think that Mac would have to be a favorite to win that conference based on a talent alone.  Its a move Mac probably does not want to make. The same reason why they left the SLIAC to join the IBFC. For better competition. Mac would clearly want to join a conference with more competition than the UMAC and SLIAC.  C'mon Blackburn(though much improved) Gets thumped by IBFC teams all the time and wins in the UMAC. Would Mac be the favorite or should Mac look to play elsewhere?
"Division III Football, Where They Pay to Play"

Big_Uns

Quote from: illinihscoach05 on April 05, 2006, 12:10:20 PM
I have heard through reliable sources I know in both leagues that this vote was tabled to be looked at further and that the IBFC schools were not all in favor of this.  Anyone hear anything along these lines?

I haven't heard anything like this. I'm under the impression that the teams (Aurora, Benedictine, Lakeland, Rockford, CUW, CURF, Maranatha, and WLC) will not join the Northern Athletics Conference until 2007 because Wisconsin Lutheran is still under contract with the MIAA until then. Then in 2008, the NAC will have football with those eight teams.

However, I am also under the impression that Eureka will be leaving for the SLIAC next year, so I guess that would mean that for the 2007 season, the IBFC will only have seven teams.

Is this information accurate?

gc_fan

Big_Uns - as of now the SLIAC Conference does not sponsor Football, they did at one point and then dispanded that when Principia went Independent (then joined UMAC) Westminster and Blackburn joined UMAC.  Currently Greenville and MacMurray hold dual affiliation with the SLIAC for all sports except Football and IBC for Football.  You are correct in that Eureka is joining the SLIAC but they will still stick with the IBC for football until it is disbanded.

IBFC_Alum

Quote from: gc_fan on April 07, 2006, 03:44:56 PM
Big_Uns - as of now the SLIAC Conference does not sponsor Football, they did at one point and then dispanded that when Principia went Independent (then joined UMAC) Westminster and Blackburn joined UMAC. Currently Greenville and MacMurray hold dual affiliation with the SLIAC for all sports except Football and IBC for Football. You are correct in that Eureka is joining the SLIAC but they will still stick with the IBC for football until it is disbanded.
From what I heard there will be no IBFC it is done so where will Mac and Greenville go???? Eureka only joins the SLIAC for all sports except football. Is that correct?  Maybe Pat Coleman can provide some insight on anything that he has heard about the IBFC disbanding and when.

formerd3db

IBFC_Alum:
I had the same questions, especially about Eureka.  Seems to me, those schools would want to try and keep football travel distances (for obvious cost reasons) down as best as practical.  Yes, perhaps Pat has some insight
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

Pat Coleman

Although the participants in this conference have been very quiet about it, my understanding is that the Northern Athletic Conference will take over the football side of things when Wisconsin Lutheran's term in the MIAA is done.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

IBFC_Alum

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 10, 2006, 01:40:12 PM
Although the participants in this conference have been very quiet about it, my understanding is that the Northern Athletic Conference will take over the football side of things when Wisconsin Lutheran's term in the MIAA is done.
so the NAC will take in the teams that do not join the lake michigan athletic conference?  Or is the sliac bringing football back? I wish Mac and Greenville would the NAC. It is better competition. Where do you think would be a good conference for Mac and Greenville to join?

IBFC_Alum

Quote from: IBFC_Alum on April 10, 2006, 02:13:30 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 10, 2006, 01:40:12 PM
so the NAC will take in the teams that do not join the lake michigan athletic conference? Or is the sliac bringing football back? I wish Mac and Greenville would the NAC. It is better competition. Where do you think would be a good conference for Mac and Greenville to join?

excuse me Pat I thought that you meant the north coast athletic conference. My mistake

Pat Coleman

The Northern Athletic Conference is the Lake Michigan Conference/Northern Illinois-Iowa Conference merged name, yeah.

Will the SLIAC add football? I think they are maintaining their affiliation with the UMAC. However, the affiliation might reverse itself and it might be UMAC teams playing under the SLIAC banner instead of vice versa. That's what's being discussed above and who knows where it will land. Not sure which is the faster route to the automatic bid, to be honest.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

formerd3db

Thanks Pat for the updated info you have on that.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice