FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IBFC_Alum

Quote from: FatalImpact on April 13, 2006, 07:48:04 PM
There is no way that those picks are right.....You gotta get your facts straight man....no way is that in any way shape or form a good selection for the conference next year

well what is a good selection?  my guess is you are from aurora and are not happy about placing fifth in my poll. 
"Division III Football, Where They Pay to Play"

79jaybird

Those picks from 3-6 might not be exact, however I don't see anybody getting close to CUW or Lakeland
1 or 2  CUW/Lakeland
3 Macmurray
4  Aurora
5 Greenville
6 Benedictine
7 CURF
8 Eureka
I think CUW will win the title this year.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

IBFC_Alum

What about potential POY Candidates from the IBFC.  Defensive and Offensive side of the ball.  What about Coach of the Year?

FatalImpact

well....well.....welll....I dont think you should be assuming where I am from..You know what happens when you assume..what you fail to realize is Mac will not be in the top 3, plus you got lakeland at number one......Mauri was their offense last year no mauri no offense....now dont get me wrong I havent seen the rest of the team...Im just sayin they aint gonna be as good........So  like I said get your facts straight
Aurora Football 24/7 365

IBFC_Alum

Quote from: FatalImpact on April 18, 2006, 05:47:08 PM
well....well.....welll....I dont think you should be assuming where I am from..You know what happens when you assume..what you fail to realize is Mac will not be in the top 3, plus you got lakeland at number one......Mauri was their offense last year no mauri no offense....now dont get me wrong I havent seen the rest of the team...Im just sayin they aint gonna be as good........So like I said get your facts straight

well then post your picks if i am wrong.  If you know so much then your insight on the conference outlook for 2006 would be helpfull.  So when you can get your facts straight and post them for all to see then Maybe I could agree with you on some of your opinions.  Until then keep cheering from the sideline!!!!

maddog8

POY------Bobby Langston-----CUW
Offensive Player of the Year--------Andrew Hornang-------AU
Defensive Player of the Year-------John Wagner------------Lakeland

Watch this kid play LB, will NO DOUBT be better than Sam  and Ryan Van Doo Loo were ther senior years

And Please don't under estimate Lakelands Offense, they will be very tough even without Maiuri who is doing well in Europe so far. Wilk should be a very sound QB, Coach "Z" will see to that.

Coach of the Year (WHO ELSE) but Coach "Z" from Lakeland for the third year in a row. If CUW wins the conference then it will be shared with coach "Z"

This will be a MADDOG fight of a game!!!!!!I'm sticking with Lakeland even though Langston will be hard to stop. Remember I said He (Langston) is the KEY to this game!!!

IBFC_Alum

Quote from: maddog8 on April 19, 2006, 11:42:27 AM
POY------Bobby Langston-----CUW
Offensive Player of the Year--------Andrew Hornang-------AU
Defensive Player of the Year-------John Wagner------------Lakeland

Watch this kid play LB, will NO DOUBT be better than Sam and Ryan Van Doo Loo were ther senior years

And Please don't under estimate Lakelands Offense, they will be very tough even without Maiuri who is doing well in Europe so far. Wilk should be a very sound QB, Coach "Z" will see to that.

Coach of the Year (WHO ELSE) but Coach "Z" from Lakeland for the third year in a row. If CUW wins the conference then it will be shared with coach "Z"

This will be a MADDOG fight of a game!!!!!!I'm sticking with Lakeland even though Langston will be hard to stop. Remember I said He (Langston) is the KEY to this game!!!

Nice picks Madog.  I think Langston is the Consensus right now for player of the year. But  Hornung might have some competiton from RB Ereg and WR Martin From Mac.  Also Mac has Pirollo back on Defense (he was all-region last year) so he could be someone else to consider.
I can't argue with your picks though.  I also agree with your comments on Lakeland.  They are a well coached ballclub and even though they have some big holes to fill, the should still have a chance to win the IBFC.

FatalImpact

Hey...Nice football cliche....Awesome.....if I lay my picks out there.... I would be doin' what everyone else is doin' I'd end up bein a homer such as yourself no doubt.....everyone on this board wants their team to win no harm no foul....but when you start sayin that a team that has been having internal problems with coaches and is in the bottom of the conference last year ahead of two of the top five teams in the conference from last year...I would say you need to get YOUR facts straight.......Stop quoting it looks rediculous like you got nothin to say
Aurora Football 24/7 365

IBFC_Alum

Quote from: FatalImpact on April 19, 2006, 01:59:36 PM
Hey...Nice football cliche....Awesome.....if I lay my picks out there.... I would be doin' what everyone else is doin' I'd end up bein a homer such as yourself no doubt.....everyone on this board wants their team to win no harm no foul....but when you start sayin that a team that has been having internal problems with coaches and is in the bottom of the conference last year ahead of two of the top five teams in the conference from last year...I would say you need to get YOUR facts straight.......Stop quoting it looks rediculous like you got nothin to say

First, If you have not yet  noticed I am not alumni of Lakeland or CUW but yet I picked them to be at the top of the conference. I do not completely understand your point there. Second, are you not a "homer" too if you are posting on this website?  That is the point of this message board. To discuss issues in the conference.  If you do not like what is said here then why are you posting here? Third, My opinions are exactly that, "my opinions". I never said that my picks were facts you did. I sorry that I do not have the crystal ball that you have, that allows me to know precisely how the conference will pan out next year. My picks were simply my opinions. You obviously know everything so why even play the games next year.  We could just email you and you could tell us how the season went. Lastly, what does this mean "Stop quoting it looks rediculous like you got nothin to say"

Signed,
Homer of the Year

FatalImpact

First off....How do you know I'm a homer...huh?...Where am I from then...If I am such a homer...I never even said where I was from....your assuming again.....thats not good.....Anyways....if you were reading I have no beef for any one that is a homer I just wanna know how it is you came to your opinion on the picks you take the top 4 teams last season (Lakeland, CUW, Aurora, and Greenville) and based on previous years CUW and lakeland should have top positions but then you place Mac in front of greenville and Aurora, Mac was in the bottom three and now they're in the top 3 man shut up....You must be crazy....Greenville turns its program around and there all of a sudden no good.....Man I don't understand where you are coming from when you try to put other people out there and Like when you say show me your pics....why so u can pretty much tell me how dumb I am......if I put my picks out there everyone will be all over me...so don't come at me sayin that I shouldnt post here if I dont like what is said.....I dont like what YOU said I aint gonna stop posting and you can believe that!

Signed,
I'm better than you
Aurora Football 24/7 365

fishguy

now dont get me wrong I havent seen the rest of the team...Im just sayin they aint gonna be as good........So  like I said get your facts straight

So you admit you have not seen the rest of the team, but yet you know how good they will be??? And you ask others to get their facts straight??? Wow, that's really an informed opinion - thanks so much for sharing!!!

Big_Uns

Quote from: fishguy on April 19, 2006, 06:51:19 PM
now dont get me wrong I havent seen the rest of the team...Im just sayin they aint gonna be as good........So  like I said get your facts straight

So you admit you have not seen the rest of the team, but yet you know how good they will be??? And you ask others to get their facts straight??? Wow, that's really an informed opinion - thanks so much for sharing!!!

If only I could give out karma points.

FatalImpact

What did I offend you fishguy???.....Well let me put it this way I have indeed seen every team in this conference but like I stated before new players may not be as good as players gone by.....for instance your muskies lost a very powerful offensive tool.....so your tellin me the kid behind him is gonna put up the same numbers and have the same skill level as Mauri when all he got to play last year was when Mauuri broke his leg and that wasnt even a whole game.....We shall see...SO I have my facts straight...SO lets see what happens.
Aurora Football 24/7 365

IBFC_Alum

Quote from: FatalImpact on April 19, 2006, 03:39:33 PM
First off....How do you know I'm a homer...huh?...Where am I from then...If I am such a homer...I never even said where I was from....your assuming again.....thats not good.....Anyways....if you were reading I have no beef for any one that is a homer I just wanna know how it is you came to your opinion on the picks you take the top 4 teams last season (Lakeland, CUW, Aurora, and Greenville) and based on previous years CUW and lakeland should have top positions but then you place Mac in front of greenville and Aurora, Mac was in the bottom three and now they're in the top 3 man shut up....You must be crazy....Greenville turns its program around and there all of a sudden no good.....Man I don't understand where you are coming from when you try to put other people out there and Like when you say show me your pics....why so u can pretty much tell me how dumb I am......if I put my picks out there everyone will be all over me...so don't come at me sayin that I shouldnt post here if I dont like what is said.....I dont like what YOU said I aint gonna stop posting and you can believe that!

Signed,
I'm better than you

First, Who cares where you are from.  Second, what is a homer? Third, was greenville not in the bottom three in the 2004 season and came back to finnish in the top three in the 2005 season?  So why can't Mac do that. So I still do not understand your point there.  I guess in your world a team can never rise from the bottom three and a team in the top three can never fall. Fourth, you said "Man I don't understand where you are coming from when you try to put other people out there and Like when you say show me your pics....why so u can pretty much tell me how dumb I am......if I put my picks out there everyone will be all over me..."  Are you not putting your picks out there if you tell me that Mac should not be #3 and Greenville should not be #4? So in a sense you are being a hypocrit because your are revealing your picks your just not listing them in order. Lastly, I prefer someone disagreeing with my picks. Then we could compare our picks and discuss why feel each other is right without getting all psycho like you have.  Putting picks out on a message board is for fun. Its part of being involved with football in this conference.  You follow the teams, decide who you think will have a good year (based on returning players), root for your team and have fun seeing if your predictions are right. Thats all!!! No reason to get bent out of shape about it like you have because the picks I made did not go your way.  I never bashed you for telling me I was wrong. All I wanted to see was your picks so I could discuss on this board why I think I am right and why you think you are right. Thats all!!! Point being do not bash others if you are SCARED!!!!!! to post your own picks. It's great that you did not "like what I said" and your going to "keep posting".  One day you will not be SCARED!!!! anymore and will post your picks.  You know its ok to be wrong sometimes, don't you?

Signed,

Not Scared to Post Predictions (unlike Fecal Impact)

FalconsFootball

Macmurry does have a lot of talent and could definately make it in the top three if they play to potential.  However, they have not done that in the last couple years except for almost beating LC this past year till their Qb got hurt.  Greenville has also done a good joib turning things around (in part due to playing LC and CUW with homefield advantage; and we all know how hard it is to play in the bermuda triangle of football). 

Anyways the point is the conference is as even right now as it has been in years and should shape up to be a good year for games that are competative outside of the first quarter.  As IBFC Alum said opinions are opinions fatal impact you are welcome to argue your opinion but there is no need to jump on someone liek that.  Make an educated statement and you will be respected for it and people will listen to your opinion as well.