Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by Hoops Fan, March 01, 2005, 04:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I was checking out schedules yesterday - all but two teams have what appears to be complete schedules up.  Wentworth is taking on a tall task, including a regular season game against cross-street "rival" Boston University.

Curry's also got a pretty tough slate.

ENC should have a great record again this year.  I know they had a lot of interest from stronger non-conference foes, but they were already locked into a weak schedule (I guess planning on next year to be the breakout).
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

jackson5

WNE hasn't posted their schedule yet but the Non-conference opponents are @Clark,  Westfield, Springfield, West Conn, Lyndon State then playing at Keene States tournament featuring Wheaton, Keene and Johnson State with Wheaton being the first game. A 3-3 or 4-2 record against that schedule shouldn't be that much unexpected.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I saw ENC has their roster up.  Looks like ten newcomers (6 freshmen and 4 transfers, if I count correctly).  I know they lost Gomes from last year and an incoming freshman PG to injury.  The roster is full of little guys, so I doubt it will impact the ball handling.  I do hear the transfer center, Ramirez from California, will be a real force.  We'll see.

I'll keep checking for rosters now that practice has begun.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Salve has their roster up - sort of.  Returners are there along with five freshman names - but no real info.  Pringle is listed - so we'll get to see he and Hanlon playing together.  One heck of a backcourt.

WNE has four freshmen listed (two guards, two forwards), plus two transfers from Florida (the state, not the gators).  DeFeo is back for a fifth year and no Min Lin on the roster at all.

Maq Diesel

Gordon has their roster up and they looks like they brought back all their returning players.  In addition for what seems like the first time in his tenure Todd Murphy has brought in a sizable recruiting class, 7 players in total.

2  Dylan Marshall           Fr.  G 5-10 160   Purcellville, Va. Woodgrove
5  Jaren Yang                Fr.  G 5-8 150     San Francisco, Calif. Saint Ignatius College Prep
10  Steven Vampatella   Fr.  F 6-6 170      Mansfield, Conn. E.O. Smith
11  Lucas Pierre Barbey  Fr.  G 6-1 170     St. George's, Bermuda Blair Academy
15  Jake Hart                 Fr.  G 5-11 185   Allendale, N.J. Hawthorn Christian Academy
21  Graham Tienhaara    Fr.  F 6-4 185     Holden, Mass. Whitinsville Christian
24  Carter Bras              Fr.  F 6-4 200     Coppell, Texas Grapevine Faith Christian

Don't know much about these guys but from what I have seen/read online, Marshall and Yang appear to be ball handling guards, that can get to the rim at times and are spot up shooters.  Barbey went to Blair Academy which is one of the better prep schools in New Jersey and puts out a few D1 players a year.  If he got minutes there he should be a good player who is able to jump in and play right away.  The others are a bit unknown but Tienhaara comes from Whitinsville Christian which produced the Bajema's and Hans Miersma so he will be interesting to watch develop.  Over all looks to be a good sized class and the new comers should compliment the returning players well.  If one on them can run the point that would help a great deal.  Should be an interesting season. 

Anyone know anything about any of these guys?

jackson5

Quote from: Hoops Fan on October 21, 2014, 11:37:56 PM

Salve has their roster up - sort of.  Returners are there along with five freshman names - but no real info.  Pringle is listed - so we'll get to see he and Hanlon playing together.  One heck of a backcourt.

WNE has four freshmen listed (two guards, two forwards), plus two transfers from Florida (the state, not the gators).  DeFeo is back for a fifth year and no Min Lin on the roster at all.

Error in WNE's roster that's been updated. Harrison Chipkin has become a student assistant and he was replaced with Michael Gelineux, a transfer out of UMass-Lowell

jackson5

Quote from: Maq Diesel on October 28, 2014, 09:12:36 AM
Gordon has their roster up and they looks like they brought back all their returning players.  In addition for what seems like the first time in his tenure Todd Murphy has brought in a sizable recruiting class, 7 players in total.

2  Dylan Marshall           Fr.  G 5-10 160   Purcellville, Va. Woodgrove
5  Jaren Yang                Fr.  G 5-8 150     San Francisco, Calif. Saint Ignatius College Prep
10  Steven Vampatella   Fr.  F 6-6 170      Mansfield, Conn. E.O. Smith
11  Lucas Pierre Barbey  Fr.  G 6-1 170     St. George's, Bermuda Blair Academy
15  Jake Hart                 Fr.  G 5-11 185   Allendale, N.J. Hawthorn Christian Academy
21  Graham Tienhaara    Fr.  F 6-4 185     Holden, Mass. Whitinsville Christian
24  Carter Bras              Fr.  F 6-4 200     Coppell, Texas Grapevine Faith Christian

Don't know much about these guys but from what I have seen/read online, Marshall and Yang appear to be ball handling guards, that can get to the rim at times and are spot up shooters.  Barbey went to Blair Academy which is one of the better prep schools in New Jersey and puts out a few D1 players a year.  If he got minutes there he should be a good player who is able to jump in and play right away.  The others are a bit unknown but Tienhaara comes from Whitinsville Christian which produced the Bajema's and Hans Miersma so he will be interesting to watch develop.  Over all looks to be a good sized class and the new comers should compliment the returning players well.  If one on them can run the point that would help a great deal.  Should be an interesting season. 

Anyone know anything about any of these guys?

Vampatella went to same high school as the Olander brothers (Uconn,Fairfield) and Ethan O'Day (UVM). Good school to come from.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

A couple more rosters are up or fleshed out.  It looks like we'll be seeing some new faces in the post.  We talked about ENC's big guy and Vampatella at Gordon.  I notice one of Salve's freshmen is listed at 6'5" 218 - plus UNE (and I'll admit I have no recollection of anyone who played for UNE at all last year) has three sophomores at 6'8, 6'9", and 6'10".  UNE's got a long roster - there's a guy from Spain on there.  Who knows what they'll put on the floor.

Buzzerbeater

Salve's Fr guards Boggs and Morton are both from Tabor academy . Boggs is a play maker with great floor vision who will push the ball up the floor at light speed!  He is also an excellent defender. Morton is more of a run and gun wing, with the ability to knock down the 3's off ball screens. I could see him playing the 2 or 3. Both nice pieces for the future

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Obviously we haven't seen the coach's poll yet, but I'm thinking Salve - 1, Gordon -2, ENC-3 to start off the year?

CCC Talk

2014-2015 CCC Preview

1.  Salve Regina  - Hanlon is supposedly out until the 2nd semester but with him and Pringle and the big time recruiting class they brought in, the Seahawks are my pick in 15.

2. Gordon - Fresh off the first NCAA Tournament win for a CCC in a really long time, I think it's time to recognize that Tod Murphy is the best coach in this league. That coupled with the return of Miresma and Bajema, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they take it down again.

3. Eastern Naz- Athleticism goes a long way in a league like the CCC where a lot of teams play station to station. Also it's a tough place to play.

4. Endicott- All the pieces are there, but all the pieces have been there for the last few years, will be interesting to see what the new coach does with them.

5. RWU- Played a lot of freshman last year, seems like a strong group.

6. Nichols- The last of Dave Sokolnicki's guys are now gone. Also they made a...let's say...interesting hire.

7. Curry- It will all depend on who they bring in at the break.

8. Wentworth- Tailspin continues for the Leopards. Lost most of their talent and didn't bring in a terrible impressive class.

9.  WNEU- If Thuelen's assistant coaches could suit up they'd be pretty good. 

10.  UNE- Still a mess.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: CCC Talk on November 10, 2014, 10:17:48 AM
2014-2015 CCC Preview

1.  Salve Regina  - Hanlon is supposedly out until the 2nd semester but with him and Pringle and the big time recruiting class they brought in, the Seahawks are my pick in 15.

2. Gordon - Fresh off the first NCAA Tournament win for a CCC in a really long time, I think it's time to recognize that Tod Murphy is the best coach in this league. That coupled with the return of Miresma and Bajema, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they take it down again.

3. Eastern Naz- Athleticism goes a long way in a league like the CCC where a lot of teams play station to station. Also it's a tough place to play.

4. Endicott- All the pieces are there, but all the pieces have been there for the last few years, will be interesting to see what the new coach does with them.

5. RWU- Played a lot of freshman last year, seems like a strong group.

6. Nichols- The last of Dave Sokolnicki's guys are now gone. Also they made a...let's say...interesting hire.

7. Curry- It will all depend on who they bring in at the break.

8. Wentworth- Tailspin continues for the Leopards. Lost most of their talent and didn't bring in a terrible impressive class.

9.  WNEU- If Thuelen's assistant coaches could suit up they'd be pretty good. 

10.  UNE- Still a mess.

Sounds fine to me.  I think those last five spots are completely up in the air.  Nichols brings in an "interesting" coach mostly because there's not a lot to choose from when you don't pay a full-time salary.  He'll be there two years, tops, win or lose.

UNE intrigues me.  Their roster has lots of curious names and numbers.  I will be interested in what they can put together.

jackson5

That list is mostly based off of what teams bring back from last year and not what they bring in this year I see.

GnacAlum55

Don't sleep on WNEU.  Gelineau was a walk on at UMass-Lowell, but had a really good career at Waltham.  DeFeo is a vet who can lead a team at the DIII level.

Also, I think ENC will contend for the title.  By far the most athletic team in the CCC (sorry Curry).

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: GnacAlum55 on November 10, 2014, 02:48:37 PM
Don't sleep on WNEU.  Gelineau was a walk on at UMass-Lowell, but had a really good career at Waltham.  DeFeo is a vet who can lead a team at the DIII level.

Also, I think ENC will contend for the title.  By far the most athletic team in the CCC (sorry Curry).

ENC's had some bad injury luck this year; their athleticism has taken a hit.  I'm still pretty optimistic, but it may take some time for them to feel themselves out.