MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noonhooper

Gabriel, I thought the EXACT same thing about Federici. He has definitely gotten stronger.

I feel like the appetizer of conference games left a lot of questions to be answered in Jan/Feb but I definitely see a division between the top and the others. Crazy to think not long ago Swarthmore was the most "others" of "the others"- The wheel has turned!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Gabriel on December 07, 2017, 11:40:51 AM
I watched the second half.  F&M made some defensive adjustments that were effective and JHU went cold, partly due to defensive pressure.  F&M just kept chipping away.  Federici came through with some key baskets in the paint.  He seems to be more muscular this year.  Defense is what turned it around.

I made the same comment last night.  If it weren't for the number, I wouldn't have recognized him.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

diplomaniac1

Fellow Diplomat Fans -

The box scores for the most recent games show that Slyka did not play. Does anyone know of his status - injury, illness, etc?

Eric

Gabriel

Eric,

I don't know but Reserved Seat probably does.  All I know is that he played one heck of a game against Ursinus and was the difference make.  Maybe he wore himself out.  Seriously, he is a good player so hope he is back soon.

D.B. Cooper

Saw JHU game Slyka was walking with a mild limp, RS said he was out for that game for an ankle sprain, at which point I doubted he would play 2 days later in a non league game vs Albright. Mcgrath played only 6 minutes with no fouls vs albright. I hope that are both ok, they will need them if Dips want a chance at the top 3-4 playoff spots.

HopkinsNest7

Streamed much of Mules vs DeSales yesterday... much of the criticism for Hopkins is unwarranted. It seemed that Brown was a little more under control on the bench today and that Hopkins was calling a majority of the sets. It will be interesting to see the adjustments he is able to make over the upcoming holiday break.
Ive always preferred basketball in it's third division.

ReturnOFmonix

Good to know the head coach is calling a majority of the plays. Things are turning around for the Mules!

noonhooper

89 points separating #12 Swat from the #13 team seems like a significant margin. Hopefully they can play well on the road against a very good York team and finish this semester strong- the game right before exams is always a tough one at a place like Swat.

Monix, I am not sure why you are taking anything from that guy as a statement of fact. Hopkins has been calling the plays since the beginning, and if he hasn't it is a plan he has implemented. To suggest otherwise is just trying to pick a fight for no reason.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: noonhooper on December 11, 2017, 07:57:25 PM
89 points separating #12 Swat from the #13 team seems like a significant margin. Hopefully they can play well on the road against a very good York team and finish this semester strong- the game right before exams is always a tough one at a place like Swat.

Monix, I am not sure why you are taking anything from that guy as a statement of fact. Hopkins has been calling the plays since the beginning, and if he hasn't it is a plan he has implemented. To suggest otherwise is just trying to pick a fight for no reason.

Now you know his apparent role... along with the other personalities.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ReturnOFmonix

My fault for being mislead with information about the Mules. I have decided not to attend games (along with the student body & community)

BleedingGreen

I've been reading this blog for quite some time and I have finally been fed up long enough to make an account.

For the person(s) operating the accounts that have decided to make a personal crusade against McClary and the Mules, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Whichever side you are on, just let it go! Seriously, you have a group of kids on that team who are trying to play college basketball, something that nearly everybody has to bust their a** for years to do.  Now they get to be hampered by keyboard warriors who are too ignorant and self-centered to move on from a personal grind for whatever reason.  Seriously, read a book, listen to music, go for a run, just do something other than sit here and claim that Jake Brown is a "DJ".  Grow up and let the kids play. 

Since my estimation is that the majority of people blogging on here are likely working part-time at their local supermarket and have never had the desire or drive to work for something better, it isn't easy having a new job.  Hopkins is obviously going to have some growing pains, that much is to be expected.  We have no idea what kind of program he is going to establish, but nothing ever happens overnight.  He has some talent now, but with only one big over 6'4", there is not a lot of balance on the roster.  The kids seem to enjoy playing for him for the most part, which is nice. He could have easily come in and thrown Rindock, Baez, Long, McLeod, and Mitton out the window, but they have all carved out some role on game nights. He's trying to make the most of what he's got, but having some anonymous a-holes on here besmirching every single one of his moves and decisions isn't going to help anybody.  You don't have to love or cheer for him, but a bunch of college kids don't deserve to have their games picked apart because Monix is bitter that his favorite Centennial coach got fired.

I wish all parties involved the best; seriously, guys, there isn't a whole lot at stake here.  The fact that people come on here and spread straight lies about these young men is terrible.  Grow up and get a job. Get a life.  Talk to a girl or a dude, whatever you like.  I don't care.  Just find something to do other than sitting behind your keyboard in between World of Warcraft sessions when all you've ever managed to do was stack milk gallons in a supermarket.  These are kids who have enough on their plate, leave them alone.

Mule Alum

ReturnOFmonix

Really don't care of the feelings of college athletes when a "Mule Alum" lost his job because of a egotist AD. Your right I should change my rants towards him....

Btw my favorite CC coach of all time is Bill Nelson then Aaron Goodman!

HopkinsNest7

My favorite CC coach is Scott McClary in case anyone needed clarification on that
Ive always preferred basketball in it's third division.

BleedingGreen

Interesting, Monix.  I hope you care more about your girls' players feelings, more for their sake than yours.  Obviously you will fall on the sword for your mentor, interesting that you note Bill Nelson as your favorite, as I would have thought you would share with HopkinsNests' favorite of McClary.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: BleedingGreen on December 12, 2017, 01:45:07 PM
I've been reading this blog for quite some time and I have finally been fed up long enough to make an account.

For the person(s) operating the accounts that have decided to make a personal crusade against McClary and the Mules, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Whichever side you are on, just let it go! Seriously, you have a group of kids on that team who are trying to play college basketball, something that nearly everybody has to bust their a** for years to do.  Now they get to be hampered by keyboard warriors who are too ignorant and self-centered to move on from a personal grind for whatever reason.  Seriously, read a book, listen to music, go for a run, just do something other than sit here and claim that Jake Brown is a "DJ".  Grow up and let the kids play. 

Since my estimation is that the majority of people blogging on here are likely working part-time at their local supermarket and have never had the desire or drive to work for something better, it isn't easy having a new job.  Hopkins is obviously going to have some growing pains, that much is to be expected.  We have no idea what kind of program he is going to establish, but nothing ever happens overnight.  He has some talent now, but with only one big over 6'4", there is not a lot of balance on the roster.  The kids seem to enjoy playing for him for the most part, which is nice. He could have easily come in and thrown Rindock, Baez, Long, McLeod, and Mitton out the window, but they have all carved out some role on game nights. He's trying to make the most of what he's got, but having some anonymous a-holes on here besmirching every single one of his moves and decisions isn't going to help anybody.  You don't have to love or cheer for him, but a bunch of college kids don't deserve to have their games picked apart because Monix is bitter that his favorite Centennial coach got fired.

I wish all parties involved the best; seriously, guys, there isn't a whole lot at stake here.  The fact that people come on here and spread straight lies about these young men is terrible.  Grow up and get a job. Get a life.  Talk to a girl or a dude, whatever you like.  I don't care.  Just find something to do other than sitting behind your keyboard in between World of Warcraft sessions when all you've ever managed to do was stack milk gallons in a supermarket.  These are kids who have enough on their plate, leave them alone.

Mule Alum

"The majority of people blogging on here work part time at their local supermarket"?????? If you'd ever like to engage in a gentelman's bet over futures and commodities trading prowess as well as comparing brokerage account balances, I'm game (after I clean up the spill in Aisle 6 of course).

Some people can pull off condescending..............you are not one of those people.

I'll see your "Mule Alum" and raise you quite a bit (Swarthmore Alum)!!