MBB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by WoosterFAN, January 27, 2005, 10:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally_wabash

I'm so dry that even the googly eye emoji didn't land.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: wally_wabash on February 26, 2019, 03:14:33 PM
I'm so dry that even the googly eye emoji didn't land.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I missed that the emoji represented that. Sorry.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

kiltedbryan

All-NCAC Honors have been announced:

First Team
Jack Davidson, Wabash
Reece Dupler, Wooster
Danyon Hempy, Wooster
Jordan Rawls, Allegheny
Connor Seipel, Wittenberg

Player of the Year: Jack Davidson, Wabash
Top Defensive Player: Mitch Balser, Wittenberg
Newcomer of the Year: Ethan Stanislawski, Ohio Wesleyan
Coach of the Year: Steve Moore, Wooster

Second Team
Mitch Balser, Wittenberg
Eric Bulic, Wooster
Harrison Hallstrom, Wabash
Eli Silverman-Lloyd, Oberlin
Ethan Stanislawski, Ohio Wesleyan

Honorable Mention
Matt Doyle, Denison
Christian Fioretti, Oberlin
Nolan Ginther, DePauw
Marcel Rice, Hiram
Brian Roberts, Jr., Allegheny
Carter Powell, Kenyon

http://northcoast.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/files/All-NCACmbkb19.pdf

Wooster Booster

For antsy Wooster fans, here's a three-week old video of the Barookadookas playing at Brooklyn College.  I looked at their stats and found them to be a poor-shooting team, across the board, but one that looks like they can rebound and play some D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYD9slPw5sY

wally_wabash

Quote from: kiltedbryan on February 27, 2019, 11:24:58 AM
All-NCAC Honors have been announced:

First Team
Jack Davidson, Wabash
Reece Dupler, Wooster
Danyon Hempy, Wooster
Jordan Rawls, Allegheny
Connor Seipel, Wittenberg

Player of the Year: Jack Davidson, Wabash
Top Defensive Player: Mitch Balser, Wittenberg
Newcomer of the Year: Ethan Stanislawski, Ohio Wesleyan
Coach of the Year: Steve Moore, Wooster

Second Team
Mitch Balser, Wittenberg
Eric Bulic, Wooster
Harrison Hallstrom, Wabash
Eli Silverman-Lloyd, Oberlin
Ethan Stanislawski, Ohio Wesleyan

Honorable Mention
Matt Doyle, Denison
Christian Fioretti, Oberlin
Nolan Ginther, DePauw
Marcel Rice, Hiram
Brian Roberts, Jr., Allegheny
Carter Powell, Kenyon

http://northcoast.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/files/All-NCACmbkb19.pdf

4 out of 5 first teamers are underclassmen.  Many others on 2nd team and HM are as well.  This is going to be a very fun and very good league next year. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

kiltedbryan

Wittenberg advances with a fairly business-like 100-88 win over Emory. Witt maintained a fairly stable 8-10 point lead through most of it, I think Emory cut it to 5 once or twice in the second half.

Wooster Booster

It's a good thing that Baruch is a team of very limited ability, because Wooster is playing a version of basketball with which I am not familiar.  Unforced turnovers, poorly-advised shots taken by the wrong people.  It goes on and on, but will end tomorrow night unless there are big improvements.

Wooster Booster

Wooster has upgraded their gym, but they still have the blurriest video feed on the internet.  They no longer even have replay.  I won't mention the lead announcer.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Wooster Booster on March 01, 2019, 09:20:35 PM
Wooster has upgraded their gym, but they still have the blurriest video feed on the internet.  They no longer even have replay.  I won't mention the lead announcer.

It is clearly a bad, or antiquated, camera.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

wooscotsfan

Final:  Wooster 81  Baruch 57

Wooster played well enough to win in a sloppy NCAA tourney game.  Stout defense held Baruch to 33% from the floor and Wooster's rebounding advantage was +9 (40 vs. 31)  However, the Scots had 19 turnovers which will be a recipe for a loss if they do this against Wheaton tonight.

Aston Francis of Wheaton leads D3 in scoring because he is automatic at the free throw line and deadly from three point range.  Francis had 42 points, 13 rebounds and made 8 of 16 three point shots to lead the Thunder past Hanover.  He is an impressive player to watch and Wooster will have to play their best game if they are going to get past Wheaton tonight.

Congrats to Wittenberg on their win over Emory.  NCAC was 2-0 in the first round.  OAC was 3-0 so 5 Ohio teams are in the 2nd round.

GO SCOTS!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 02, 2019, 12:58:31 AM

It's high-def compared to Webster's video feed, which I likened in the SLIAC room to someone jiggling a Picasso painting in front of the camera.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Wooster Booster

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 02, 2019, 04:30:01 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 02, 2019, 12:58:31 AM

It's high-def compared to Webster's video feed, which I likened in the SLIAC room to someone jiggling a Picasso painting in front of the camera.

I always thought that the key to bringing a Picasso painting into focus would be to jiggle it... ;)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

wooscotsfan

Wooster's 2019-2020 Seven Non-Conference Games are now evident:

Home Games (5)
11/12 - Medaille (NY)
11/23 - Wilmington (2nd game of Al Van Wie tourney, Hiram on 11/20 is the 1st game)
11/27 - Mount Union
12/28 - Keene State (NH) (Mose Hole Kiwanis Classic/Great Lakes Invitational)
12/29 - Whitworth (WA) (Mose Hole Kiwanis Classic/Great Lakes Invitational)

Neutral Games (2)
12/15 - Mauro Panaggio Tourney in Daytona Beach, FL (Brockport State, NY is the official host)
12/16 - Mauro Panaggio Tourney in Daytona Beach, FL (not clear yet who are the 2 other teams at this tourney besides Wooster & Brockport)