BB: USAC: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by narch, December 30, 2005, 10:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olinemom

Narch,
     tezbaseball just posted this list of all-time all-tounament DIII baseball players and there's a Methodist guy on it so I copied it to you.

NCAA Division III All Time All Tournament Team

First Team
Pos - Player, Team (years played)                       
C  - Doug Flowers, NC Wesleyan (1989-90)             
1B  - Craig Lieder, Wisconsin-Oshkosh, (1992-95)     
2B  - John Cole, Ithaca (1985-86)                       
3B  - Jeremy Stewart, NC Wesleyan (1997-99)           
3B  - Mike Brandts, Marietta (1984-86)                 
SS  - Tim Jorgensen, Wisconsin-Oshkosh (1992-95)     
DH  - John Deutsch, Montclair St (1986-87)             
OF  - Eric Jarman, NC Wesleyan (1987, 1989-90)       
OF  - Terry Jorgensen, Wisconsin-Oshkosh (1985-87)   
OF  - Bob Prince, Southern Maine (1989, 1991-92)     
OF  - Mark DeMenna, William Paterson (1995-96,1999)   

P  - Corey Hamman, Montclair State (2000-01)           
P  - Joey Serfass, Eastern Conn State (2002-04)       
P  - Brian Ford, Methodist (1992, 1995)   

Second Team
C  - Kevin Murdock, Wisconsin-Oshkosh (1984-87)     
1B  - Jeff Polinsky, La Verne, (1995)                 
2B  - Craig Conway, Montclair State (1998,2000-01)   
3B  - Ken Wainczak, College of NJ (1991)             
SS  - Brian Lindner, William Paterson (1995-96)       
SS  - Jim Fasano, Montclair St (1985-87)               
DH  - Tim Peterson, Rowan (1977-78)                   
OF  - Shorty Flees, Carthage, 1994-95, 1997)         
OF  - Brad Bonine, St Thomas (1999-2001)             
OF  - Mark Talarico, Marietta (1980-1983)             
OF  - Dwight Wildman, Eastern Conn State (2002-04)   
OF  - Gary Williamson, Southern Maine (1991-92)         

P  - Frank Dippold, Montclair State (1993)         
P  - Rich Jarer, Cortland State (1997-99)           
P  - Jarrod Washburn, Wisconsin-Oshkosh (1994-95)   
P  - Scott Hyde, George Fox (2004)                   

Honorable Mention
C  - Derek Bastinck, Ramapo (1984)                   
C  - Drew Witouski, Marietta (1985-86, 1988)       
1B  - Dan Boer, Cal St Stanislaus (1976-77)       
2B  - Chris D'Amato, Eastern Conn State (1995,1998)   
UT  - Jim Pancher, Marietta (1981-83)                   
DH  - Lou Milano, Ithaca (1985-86, 1988)               

P  - Brad Matzek, Wisconsin-Oshkosh (1993-94)         
P  - Scott Chiasson, Eastern Conn State (1998)     
P  - Jason Jensen, Southern Maine (1997)             
P  - Jim Katschke, Marietta (1983-86)                   

Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

narch

Quote from: Olinemom on January 19, 2006, 10:14:48 PMI will definitely be in Durham for the TEAM USA baseball this summer.  You ought to have a peek at that.  It's a lot of fun!!

i get over to the dbap about 8-10 times every year...my daughter LOVES wool e. bull - my wife's company buys bulls season tickets every year and we get free tix - there is also an mc graduate working in the marketing and promotions department with the bulls - i was going to one of the team usa events this past year, but plans changed...i will make my way there this summer, though - dbap is only 35 minutes from my house and one of the best baseball venues i've ever been in

brian ford put up NASTY numbers in the national tournament

in the 1995 championships (mc finished 2nd), ford pitched in 4 of the 6 games that the monarchs played and compiled the following line

21 ip, 2 cg, 6 er, 2.57 era, 22 k's, 2 wins, 1 save...not a bad series

in 1992 (mc finished 3rd), as a freshman, ford did this in 2 appearances:

18 ip, 2 cg, 4 er, 2.00 era, 15 k's, 1 win, 1 loss

overall his championship line

6 g, 39 ip, 4 cg, 10 er, 2.50 era, 37 k's, 3 wins, 1 loss, 1 save

he was MONEY and deserves to be a first-teamer

glad you could appreciate the selective quoting :)

by the way, all of those stats and the original release can be found on jim dixon's website...told you it was a great resource!

Tezbaseball

Interesting site. You can see by where a MLB player went to school.

http://baseballreference.com/schools/
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it

narch

shelley field at mc is getting lights...it's about time - might be ready for the ferrum games - if the monarchs can MAKE the regional, now they can host on campus with lights - should be big for the program

here is an article from the fayetteville observer

narch

cnufan

Boy this is sad, its takin me a freakin month to realize this board is here and I find it in a zombie state of mind too, go figure.

Lets go Captains, Lets Go!!

I wish the Captains Park would get some lights, I think its in the plans down the road. Im hearing rumors too that the AAA Virginia State Tourny will be held there as well this year.

The chairback seats are in and look fantastic. Now all they need to do is build the damn press box!! Drawings of it look great tho, it will be sharp when its all complete. The seats tho, very nice.  Here's a link to  a couple pics of the new seats. http://www.top96.com/2006events/event_display.php?de=91&244s&23f32 

PrideFan1986

Hey Guys how bout my Pride baseball team going 2-1 vs. a ranked team this weekend in Greensboro. Our main ace AnDrew Keever threw a outstanding game giving up no earned runs and picking off the first man that he had on base. How is that for momentum for the season to come? Another Pitcher of the Year for him maybe, but the polls did not due us justice but I think we have alot for the conference this year and should be a big contender for the USA South crown and bid to the Tourny. But today we had outstanding pitching and hitting with our #3 man going 7in and giving up no runs. So the pitching staff is looking good to start this young season.

narch

Quote from: GCGullett on February 05, 2006, 06:52:25 PM
Hey Guys how bout my Pride baseball team going 2-1 vs. a ranked team this weekend in Greensboro. Our main ace AnDrew Keever threw a outstanding game giving up no earned runs and picking off the first man that he had on base. How is that for momentum for the season to come? Another Pitcher of the Year for him maybe, but the polls did not due us justice but I think we have alot for the conference this year and should be a big contender for the USA South crown and bid to the Tourny. But today we had outstanding pitching and hitting with our #3 man going 7in and giving up no runs. So the pitching staff is looking good to start this young season.

nice wins for gc...but what poll has frostburg ranked?

keever is nice...it should be an interesting pitcher of the year race between him, brandt, moreland, cooper and rice...my money is on brandt, but i'm a bit biased :)

cnufan

And of course my money is on Moreland, but Im biased too!!

Capts open up their season with said Frostburg team Saturday in a double dip and then host Lynchburg on Sunday. Three games against some decent competition. Unfortunately Ill be at basketball and wont be able to watch.

narch

sorry about the poll...don't know why you can't see the results, but brandt is leading the voting 21-1-1 over moreland and keever...i'll keep you informed of the outcome :)

seriously, does anyone know why you can't vote on the poll i created?

Uncle Jessie

Hey baseball fans. I have started up a Yahoo fantasy baseball league and would love to have as many USAC fans as possible. Goose from CNU has joined. If you would be interested email me at
redkite_2001@yahoo.com  or

unclejessie01@aol.com     p.s. go Hornets in 06
2003-04 USAC football champions 2004 NCAA football playoffs
1989,90,91 ESAC champions men's basketball
1996 DIXIE champions men's basketball 1989,91,96 NCAA basketball tournament
1991 ESAC baseball champions 2009,10 NCAA baseball tournament
2009,10 NCAA Division III World Series
2010 USAC baseball champions

PrideFan1986

Hey guys it is a big day on Sat. here in Greensboro as one of the top teams in the nation come rolling into the War Memorial Stadium. Hampden-Sydney is ranked #11 in the nation it will be a big test for the Pride but I think we have a shot to defeat them. Our Ace AnDrew Keever is going to be starting the first game of the double dip tommorow. The thing that is really working against us down here and that is the weather. They are calling for alot of rain. And then, in the second game Chad Bray will be starting on the mound for the pride. The outstanding pitching for the Pride needs to continue to win these key games.

narch

gullett - you're right, this will be a big test for gc, but i personally think hsc is a little over-rated in the national polls - they were picked to finish 3rd in the odac by the odac coaches...they're still a very good team, though, as they won the south regional last year and went to the championship series

i've posted some statistics re: the usasac vs. odac series last year on the odac board...a couple of wins by the pride would be a great way to start the usasac/odac series this season!  for the weekend...go pride :)

monarchs play naia scholarship program flagler over the weekend

cnufan

Capts double dip with Frostburg cancelled on Saturday. They will open at home against Lynchburg at 2 pm. should be a fantastic one. Im sure Kenny Moreland will get the ball for CNU.

PrideFan1986

Greensboros double dip cancelled due to rain. We will play (2) Nine inning games on Sunday