magicman

Saturday's final results.

Plattsburgh State 102  New Paltz State 69

Oswego State 65  Geneseo State 58

Brockport State 66  Cortland State 53

Oneonta State 72  Potsdam State 60

Buffalo State 90  Fredonia State 85

Bengalsrule

Earliest exit for my BENGALS in recent memory. Good to at least finish on a winning note.

Congrats to the Cards/ Magic on going from out house ( no playoffs last year) to penthouse ( hosting playoffs this year). What a difference a year makes.

1st round games can go either way.  Doubt anyone at Oneonta or Oswego looks at themselves as underdogs!

Hoping for multiple NCAA bids for the Yac!

Go YAC!

magicman

Plattsburgh State has made the D3hoops Top 25 poll as they received 92 votes and jumped from the 28th spot in the ORV category to the #21 spot.  It's the first time the Cardinals have made the Top 25 this year.

Hobart was #21 last week but they only received 59 votes and dropped into the Others Receiving Votes category at #28.

Brockport also received a mention this week getting 1 vote.

Here's the link to the Top 25:

http://www.d3hoops.com/top25/men/2017-18/week12

magicman

Plattsburgh State senior guard Eli Bryant was selected as the SUNYAC Player of the Week for the week ending 2-18. Eli scored his 1000th career point on Saturday against New Paltz, accomplishing this feat in only 3 seasons at Plattsburgh. He put together 2 games over the weekend where he averaged 20.5 ppg and 5 assists per game. Congratulations to Eli on his outstanding season and excellent week.

Here's the write up from the SUNYAC website.

"Eli Bryant, MBB, AOW, Plattsburgh
Feb 19, 2018   
Eli Bryant was a standout in both games for the Cardinals as they closed the regular season with two more SUNYAC wins. On Friday Bryant scored 22 points and added five assists in Plattsburgh's 95-74 victory over Oneonta. On Saturday Bryant drained a three-pointer to record his 1000th career point and went on to score 19 points overall and pick up five more assists in the Cardinals 102-69 triumph over New Paltz on Senior Night."

magicman

Time to announce the SUNYAC All Conference performers that I have on my lists.  Always tough decisions and I list more guys than the conference does because I can. All of the players listed below had great seasons and were enjoyable to watch. And I can guarantee you that nobody watched more than I did.  ;D

SUNYAC Player of the Year    Jon Patron            Junior Forward       Plattsburgh State     

Rookie of the Year                Sheldon Adams     Freshman Guard    Buffalo State

Coach of the Year                 Tom Curle            15th Season          Plattsburgh State

First Team All Conference

Jon Patron                Junior            F      Plattsburgh State

Justin Summers        Sophomore     F      Brockport State

Hamed Shamseldin   Senior            G      Brockport State

Eli Bryant                 Senior            G      Plattsburgh State

James Morales          Senior            G      Cortland State

2nd Team All Conference

Mike Henry               Senior             G     Buffalo State

Justin Cooper           Junior              G     Cortland State

Jamir Ferebee          Senior              G    Oswego State

Tommy Eastman      Sophomore       F     Geneseo State

Eric Mack                Senior               F    Plattsburgh State

3rd Team All Conference

Quinn Carey           Junior                G    Geneseo State

Kevin Mackin          Sophomore        G    Oneonta State

Dante Langley        Junior                G/F Potsdam State 

Ian Helps               Senior                F    Fredonia State

Zach Lydon            Junior                 F   Cortland State

Honorable Mention

Tyler Collins                 Junior           G   Brockport State

Sir.Quinton Campbell   Sophomore    F    Buffalo State

Nicky Bonura              Junior             G   Cortland State

Kay Jackson                5th Year         G   Fredonia State

Zack Panebianco         Junior             G   Geneseo State

Kevin Crockett            Senior             G   Geneseo State

Dylan Balducci            Senior             G   New Paltz State

Brandon Guest            Senior             F  New Paltz State

Ian Schultz                 Sophomore     F   Oneonta State

Dwayne Freeman         Senior           G   Oneonta State

Tyler Pierre                 Junior            C   Oswego State

Josh Ivey                    Senior            F   Oswego State

Liam Sanborn              Freshman      G   Oswego State

Chris Middleton            Junior           G/F Plattsburgh State

Zac Johnson                Senior            G  Plattsburgh State

Ian Howard                 Junior             F  Plattsburgh State

Brandon Johnson        Junior             G  Plattsburgh State

Danny Delsol-Lowry     Sophomore    G   Potsdam State

Nosa Onabor               Junior            G Potsdam State

amh63

Magicman....contgrats to your favorite SUNY school!

magicman

Quote from: amh63 on February 20, 2018, 12:27:00 PM
Magicman....contgrats to your favorite SUNY school!

Thanks amh63. Your school is having a bit of a resurgence at season's end as well. Who knows...they may meet one another once again down the road. I will be there courtside if that happens....hopefully you will be there as well. ;D 

magicman

I think Cortland defeats Oneonta by an 83-70 final score

Taking Geneseo to reverse last Saturdays decision and beat Oswego by a 75-71 final score.

magicman

Upsets in the making as Oswego leads Geneseo 83-71 with under two minutes to play.

Oneonta led Cortland the entire first half and is up by 10 points, 33-23, at the break.

magicman

Oswego defeats Geneseo 95-84 to advance to the semi's and take on Plattsburgh State Friday night at 7:30 PM in the 'Burgh.

magicman

#6 seed Oneonta completes upset Tuesday with a 60-57 win over #3 seed Cortland by a 60-57 final score. They will now face off against Brockport at 5:30 PM on Friday night in Plattsburgh.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

spwood

I wondered if Plattsburgh would move up... in comparing Hobart with Plattsburgh, records are a wash:  21-4 vs. 20-4.  RNK has Plattsburgh at 3-3 and Hobart is 1-2.  SOS has Hobart at .525 and Plattsburgh at .517.  Seems like a very close comparison to me.  Is .008 a significant difference in SOS?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: spwood on February 21, 2018, 03:52:36 PM
I wondered if Plattsburgh would move up... in comparing Hobart with Plattsburgh, records are a wash:  21-4 vs. 20-4.  RNK has Plattsburgh at 3-3 and Hobart is 1-2.  SOS has Hobart at .525 and Plattsburgh at .517.  Seems like a very close comparison to me.  Is .008 a significant difference in SOS?

No... not significant at all. They are probably splitting hairs a bit. I haven't figured out how the comparable opponents work, but the non-conference SOS goes to Hobart in a landslide (.590 to .519). If they went to secondary criteria, that argument is over.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.