Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 11, 2018, 01:55:05 AM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on November 11, 2018, 01:33:32 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 11, 2018, 12:31:16 AM
Our projected bracket:
http://www.d3football.com/playoffs/2018/final-playoff-projection

Interesting.  Bethel sent south.  That would be new.  Also, I reckon the Jays will get #1.

But a SJU v BU semi at Clemens will be a spectacular game.

There are South teams in all four brackets in our projection.

It's not personal, Pat, but YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!1!!11!!1!

(Just in case it wasn't obvious, that was written in sarcasm font.)
[  

OldAuggie

Since I am about to leave for a hunting trip here is a projected congratulations to Bethel and SJU.

Congratulations Bethel and SJU! 
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

sju56321

I don't see ncc playing wartburg in the first round. I don't think Pat had been real accurate in his matchups over the past few years-But we will see.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: sju56321 on November 11, 2018, 08:07:45 AM
I don't see ncc playing wartburg in the first round. I don't think Pat had been real accurate in his matchups over the past few years-But we will see.

It looks odd but I literally describe the reasoning behind this very matchup in the story.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

sju56321

I guess we will see, but I am not sure many would agree that st Norbert is better than wartburg.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: sju56321 on November 11, 2018, 08:42:11 AM
I guess we will see, but I am not sure many would agree that st Norbert is better than wartburg.

I don't either but they have a better record and they beat Monmouth, where Wartburg did not.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hazzben

Quote from: sju56321 on November 11, 2018, 08:42:11 AM

I think Wart is probably better, but the evidence on hand outweighs my gut. Wart lost to Monmouth. SNC just beat Monmouth.

First Impressions from D3 Projected Bracket.

1. I think Pat and crew tend to get this more right than the real committee year in and year out. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw the total bracket and felt like the real one was superior. This usually leads to some disappointment when the real bracket comes out. It's also a really hard process, and Pat and crew have a major advantage in that they've been at this for 20 years now and the committee is refreshed every few years.

2. It'd be fun to see Bethel with the matchups proposed - SNC is a perennial playoff team that Bethel hasn't ever gotten to face. And I agree that they're worthy of a 3 seed. I like that they'd only have to play one more game in Arden Hills. I don't want a repeat of the North Central game on concrete from a few years back.

3. SJU/UWW would appear to have the most challenging road. I'd rank the Brackets as follows: UWW, UMHB, Mount, Brockport.

4. Brockport should be a near lock for the semi's (cue Frank dinging my karma in 3...2...1...). The weakest #1 IMO, and in this projection they also get the clearest path to Final 4.

5. It's the most, wonderful time, of the YEAR!!!!!  ;D ;D

It's gonna be a long wait till 4:30

Greggers

It's clear that in the projected bracket that Mount and Brockport have clearly the easiest path to the semis while SJU would probably need to beat 3 top 7 teams just to get to the championship.

sjusection105

Quote from: Greggers on November 11, 2018, 10:26:54 AM
It's clear that in the projected bracket that Mount and Brockport have clearly the easiest path to the semis while SJU would probably need to beat 3 top 7 teams just to get to the championship.
Valid point, however it shouldn't matter the way the SJU team is playing right now. Hopefully the level of play for SJU only continues to increase as each week goes by!
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

sju56321

Do they weigh when the game took place, like first game of year vs last game?

57Johnnie

'In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row'
...............    :'(

Lest we forget.
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

art76

Quote from: 57Johnnie on November 11, 2018, 02:30:21 PM

Lest we forget.

Thanx for the reminder 57 - +K.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

MUC57

Lest we forget.

Amen. Thanks 57Johnnie. 🇺🇸❗️
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

sjusection105

Lest we forget.
Thanks to all who have served, so that we may live free.
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

OzJohnnie

Armistice Day is one of those words that is a line ball over being harder to pronounce or spell.  So hard that it's been changed to Rememberance Day in Aus.  Regardless of spelling, remember the vets, particularly the doughboys.
[