FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazzben

Does UST stay ranked in the West?

If so, what effect does that have on seeding for SJU and BU? Can SJU snag a 1 along with UWW and send UMU 'East'?

If SJU & UWW stay in the same region, I'm saying Bethel is a 4/5. If Bethel gets moved to another region or UWW does, Bethel is a 3/4 IMO.

UWW & SJU both seem #1 worthy. Brock's semi result is the thorn in SJU's side. But a still ranked UST might tilt it just enough that they wouldn't need to worry about the tie breaker criteria.

jamtod

Quote from: hazzben on November 10, 2018, 10:34:13 PM
@jam

It was a great atmosphere, even with the smaller size crowd due to the cold. UST definitely fought till the end. Seemed like a lot ornate mutual respect between players.

One advantage for Bethel is they already have a playoff atmosphere, win or go home, game u def their belt. And against a playoff caliber team. It's nice having this week 9 and not a team where there'd be a drastic jump in talent next week.

Home field advantage certainly seemed real with the grass. We were losing footing all over the place.
Maybe that's why we didn't run Parks outside at all? He had nothing going up the middle

jamtod

Quote from: sju56321 on November 10, 2018, 10:32:56 PM
Probably just stop posting crap like that would help.

I thought you didn't want it to be dull around here.

hazzben

@Jam

Both teams struggled running outside today. Probably a combo of footing and a lot of team speed on both D's.

sju56321

Maybe intelligent and thoughtful posts, not unrealistic posts. But really looking at post that talk about the playoff games with the actual teams that are playing.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

sju56321

I think SJU gets a #2 seed with UWW #1 and bethel probably travels to Illinois to play. But who knows-probably depends on how many east teams get in.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

jamtod

Quote from: sju56321 on November 10, 2018, 11:14:01 PM
I think SJU gets a #2 seed with UWW #1 and bethel probably travels to Illinois to play. But who knows-probably depends on how many east teams get in.
I suspect the east is not getting a Pool C. Their best option is a 2 loss team. I don't recall how many autobids the east region has, I think 7?
I hope Bethel doesn't get stuck with the SJU special having to travel to North Central. Maybe host Wartburg? Maybe Eureka?

sju56321

Isn't NCC the A pool team? If so, I could see them playing iwu.
They could play Wartburg if bethel is a 6 seed.
I think MIT is the pool B team. You have John carrol. Where is Muhlenberg?

jamtod

Quote from: sju56321 on November 10, 2018, 11:35:27 PM
Isn't NCC the A pool team? If so, I could see them playing iwu.
They could play Wartburg if bethel is a 6 seed.
I think MIT is the pool B team. You have John carrol. Where is Muhlenberg?
Yes. NCC is the pool a but iwu is not likely getting in.
Agreed on MIT.
Muhlenberg was behind Centre and Hardin Simmons. Maybe south gets 3?

jamtod

So I think Eureka and NCC are the only Illinois teams and I don't see Bethel going either place. Eureka will maybe go to North Central

sju56321

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 11, 2018, 12:31:16 AM
Our projected bracket:
http://www.d3football.com/playoffs/2018/final-playoff-projection

Interesting.  Bethel sent south.  That would be new.  Also, I reckon the Jays will get #1.

But a SJU v BU semi at Clemens will be a spectacular game.
[  

Pat Coleman

Quote from: OzJohnnie on November 11, 2018, 01:33:32 AM
Our projected bracket:

Interesting.  Bethel sent south.  That would be new.  Also, I reckon the Jays will get #1.

There are South teams in all four brackets in our projection.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jamtod

Quote from: OzJohnnie on November 11, 2018, 01:33:32 AM
Our projected bracket:

SJU vs Hardin Simmons would be an interesting one for round 2.
I might have to make an excuse to get up to get up there for one of these playoff matchups. Don't worry though, I won't sit among the SJU fans and look for an excuse to turn around and call you classless.