FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombers

Quote from: ACMob on November 12, 2005, 04:32:07 PM
seems more likely that only Ithaca will get in from the E8, especially with the conference looking weaker now that Ithaca has also lost.

Not sure about Alfred ???, but Cortland will be ranked above IC & SJF in the regional rankings.  SJF is out and IC doesn't look to impressive with out of conf. losses to the "big" Mac and the NJAC.   I thought "Cortland sucks".

WAY TO GO C-STATE!! 8)  GOOD JOB!

Well, it will be interesting if they think an OT win vs Ithaca away, is more important than a regular time away win vs SJF (who was ranked higher than IC).  I think it would be TOTAL BS if they did that, but hey, their coach is on the rankings committee.

gobombers

Quote from: ACMob on November 12, 2005, 04:37:38 PM
Rowan is the #3 seed!!

Maybe, it is possible.  Maybe they give Hobart a home game vs Cortland.

pg04

This is how I see it shaking

1.  Del Val
2.  Union
3.  Rowan
4.  Hobart
5.  Ithaca
6.  Wesley
7.  Cortland (even though I have said they should be ranked above IC)
8.  NEFC TEam

Goodbye Alfred and SJF...

dewcrew88

Pat, What do you think about the Utica offensive line be on the team of the week this week....
They blocked for running totals of 66 carries for 473 yards.... that's monsterous!
TB Mike Capra 235 yards
FB Paul Hart 143 yards...
They attempted 2 passes all day, completing NONE, but still won 42-40.

theoriginalupstate

So will we see a SJF vs Cortland match up again in the ECAC's?

fisheralum03

Fisher had an NCAA bid in the palm of there hands and Alfred came into their house and knocked it right out. Alfred played a better game and Fisher still had a chance to win at the end. Nothing you can say but congrats to Alfred on a well played game. #20 on Alfred was impossible to catch

fisheralum03

The only chance I see Fisher getting in now is if they felt Fisher played well enough to get in before today's game and by Ithaca and RPI both losing it allows for a second team to get in. It is a small chance that won't happen probably. it will be Fisher vs Cortland again probably

tecmobowler

My first guess at the East.

1.  Del Val
2.  Union
3.  Rowan
4.  Hobart
5.  Ithaca
6.  Wesley
7.  Washington and Jefferson
8.  NEFC TEam
Thousands of fans join in the revelry, showing their Bomber pride and support for the football team. Some fans take the rowdiness a little too far, however, by starting fights, damaging property and tipping Port-a-Potties. -Ithacan, November 10th

theoriginalupstate

Quote from: tecmobowler on November 12, 2005, 05:27:33 PM
My first guess at the East.

1.  Del Val
2.  Union
3.  Rowan
4.  Hobart
5.  Ithaca
6.  Wesley
7.  Washington and Jefferson
8.  NEFC TEam

I think the east is set w/ the 1-6 and number 8 seeds....but the question is who's going to get the 7th seed?  Does a 2 loss Alfred/Cortland team get it? Does the NCAA ship in a team from the North or South (I think the CC winner or OAC runner up could come up here again)????

tecmobowler

I guess one thing Alfred has going for them is that they only have one regional loss.
Thousands of fans join in the revelry, showing their Bomber pride and support for the football team. Some fans take the rowdiness a little too far, however, by starting fights, damaging property and tipping Port-a-Potties. -Ithacan, November 10th

pg04

Let's just replace the bottom half of the Eastern Bracket with 3 pool C bids from the OAC...  :P

AUPepBand

Quote from: sjfgrad on November 12, 2005, 04:05:08 PM
Well I must say that game was a bummer:(

Would Alfred really get in just because of that? Before that game, they weren't ranked and didn't even get any votes.  I can't imagine that they would jump all the way ahead of Fisher in the rankings and if not, I don't see how one could justify putting them in the playoffs and leaving Fisher out.  I'm not saying Fisher should get in, but it seems more likely that only Ithaca will get in from the E8, especially with the conference looking weaker now that Ithaca has also lost.

GREAT GAME SAXONS!!
Alfred has only one loss in the region. Fisher has two. If Fisher goes and AU doesn't, and RANKINGS mean NOTHING, there will be a major uprising in this one traffic light town.
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

tecmobowler

Fisher is done.  Too bad too.... they were the best team that I had a chance to see this year.  Thought they would do some real damage in the playoffs.

Congrats to Alfred on the win.  It was certainly a surprise to a lot of us Ithaca folks.  We knew you had a great defense, but weren't suire what sort of points you could put up.  Alfred needed a 13-7 type game, and its exactly what they got.  Congrats on a great win, regardless if the playoffs are in the future. 

AUPepBand

Quote from: tecmobowler on November 12, 2005, 07:05:11 PM
Fisher is done.  Too bad too.... they were the best team that I had a chance to see this year.  Thought they would do some real damage in the playoffs.

Congrats to Alfred on the win.  It was certainly a surprise to a lot of us Ithaca folks.  We knew you had a great defense, but weren't suire what sort of points you could put up.  Alfred needed a 13-7 type game, and its exactly what they got.  Congrats on a great win, regardless if the playoffs are in the future. 
Thanks, Tecmo....sorry the Bombers lost. Fisher defense struggled getting their hands on Julio Fuentes (#20), the guy IC stopped every time last week. Fuentes and Newsome each had close to 90 yards. AU offense needed to control the ball, keep it away from SJF's O, and that's exactly what they did. Fisher missed a FG early. AU was 2-for-2 on field goals. Even so, SJF put together a fantastic 2:00 drive with the game on the line---the last play of the game was a 4th and 10 pass that was incomplete as Brady hit the QB as he was trying to throw. Brady definitely turned it up a notch today. As for playoffs....we'll just wait and see. If the NCAA Selection Committee doesn't think AU is worthy, we should get an ECAC home game. But I have said all along, rankings mean nothing. AU was the better team today. Go Saxons!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

tecmobowler

The Bombers had their share of mistakes today.  Missed field goals, an extra point blocked, and returned for two points, an interception for a touchdown, lots of thrid down conversions for Cortland, and a sluggish offense in the first half. 

Today was a microcosm for the rest of the year.  The offense needs to start feeling a sense of urgency a bit earlier in the game.  QB's need to be contained.  Probably no coincidence that both of our losses this year have been to teams with scrambling QB's. 

Still, the Bombers came storming back and made a game of it.  Congrats to Cortland. They have a very good team.