FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerfanalso

memory not good; enjoyed the video as it brought back fond memories of on of my favorites

HSCTiger fan

I found this article tonight about small school players. Nash Nance 2nd overall pick in their mock draft of small school players. Nice to see Nash get some recognition from these types of websites.  It would be awesome to see him get a shot. I know he's been working out for some scouts. Most recently at William and Mary's pro day. 

I learned thru social media he ran a 4.6 40 and had a 37.5 vertical.

http://www.nfldraftwarroom.com/small-school-mock-draft.html
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

hasanova

tigerfanalso

Hasa

Thanks for the update. Is 2015 going to be the year of the Quakers ? Certainly will be preseason #1 in the odac with a real opportunity to end HSC's dominance over the Quakers. In fact I favor GC by 14 over the Tigers in 2015. I think BC and E&H will be good and W&L much improved. Don't know about RMC.  SU will improve but will still struggle in the odac; CUA can only get better, I think.

hasanova

Quote from: tigerfanalso on April 02, 2015, 11:02:59 AM
Hasa

Thanks for the update. Is 2015 going to be the year of the Quakers ? Certainly will be preseason #1 in the odac with a real opportunity to end HSC's dominance over the Quakers. In fact I favor GC by 14 over the Tigers in 2015. I think BC and E&H will be good and W&L much improved. Don't know about RMC.  SU will improve but will still struggle in the odac; CUA can only get better, I think.
You're welcome.  Coach Chris Rusiewicz and SID Dave Walters are quite conscientious about releasing 5 or 6 names at a time as they get commitments - very nice from a fan's point of view.  Is 2015 the Year of the Quaker?  On paper, I think you'd have to say so with many skill positions on offense back for their Senior season.  QB Pawlowski has all 30 starts under his belt and has improved each year.  The schedule is favorable also with E&H, RMC, SU and HSC at home and W&L, BC and CUA on the road.  As far as the HSC monkey is concerned, it must be partly psychological ... there have been years we were better and still couldn't get it done.  Fifteen straight is long enough!  I went to Farmville last November and personally thought we should have gone for two and the win on the TD that tied it rather than relying on a kicked PAT and OT, but I may not have known all the facts.  It looked as though momentum was on our side.  It was a disappointing ride home for sure. 

tigerfanalso

Yep, my whole group was very happy GC did not go for 2. That was a difficult week for HSC and I was surprised they played as well as they did, that said, the GC game was the last decent game HSC played in 2014. All the injuries, the untimely death, etc., just caught up with them and they were done after the GC game.

jknezek

Scots13

Not only is it embarrassing to the school, its boosters, and alumni, but also to the ODAC and everyone other school in the region. Shame on those few who blatantly cheated.

There went the opportunity for the kids at E&H that play the D3 game the way it is supposed to be played to have a run at a playoff game next year.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

abnrgr

The NCAA are such a sanctimonious lot of self righteous hypocrites. Some kids gets some help and they go nuts. Never believe initial reports.
Never shall I leave a fallen comrade

hasanova

As seen on Guilford's webpage and the first page of D3football.com:

http://www.guilfordquakers.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20150413et6yeu

Steve McNeely joins Guilford staff from Mt. Union to coach QBs.

HSCTiger fan

Quote from: abnrgr on April 14, 2015, 10:35:40 PM
The NCAA are such a sanctimonious lot of self righteous hypocrites. Some kids gets some help and they go nuts. Never believe initial reports.

The initial report was sent to the NCAA by EH. I doubt there will be another report.

Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

jhughes98

This was definitely not an initial report, it is the final report complete with sanctions, some which were self imposed.  They have the best football facility in the league and perhaps all of division 3, lower  academic standards then most of the ODAC, they never needed to cheat on financial aid (the school is one of the cheapest in the league).  W&L is over 60 a year. 

jknezek

I just find it ridiculous to want to win so much at a D3 level that a few alumni and the football coach resorted to blatant cheating. I'm sure E&H is not the only school where this has and will happen, but it's just beyond pointless to me. I enjoy when W&L's teams win, and grumble when they lose, but care enough to cheat? It doesn't even register on my radar...

Scots13

If I'm not mistaken, the initial reports were from an article from the school newspaper regarding a father that was upset his son didn't get some money knocked off his bill as promised by coaches and E&H was holding his diploma until he paid.

Another "if I'm not mistaken": I believe the guy ran a recruiting website and is one of those fathers who thought his son's S%^t doesn't stink. You know, the father at the ball games and practices we all want to smack the hell out of..

He (paterfamilias Dorton/Norton-- whatever the last name is) had to of known E&H was D3. I believe Justin Timberlake said it best. Cry Me A River.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!