FB: Region 6 fan poll

Started by 02 Warhawk, October 28, 2014, 04:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

02 Warhawk

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on November 21, 2019, 03:41:46 PM
Chapman ahead of WW?  I don't think so.

Why not? UWO beat them. I don't think it's that far fetched.

Plus I don't think UWO beating UWW is as fluky as say UWEC beating St. Thomas. UWO is a solid team, like Chapman.

wm4

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on November 21, 2019, 03:41:46 PM
Chapman ahead of WW?  I don't think so.

It's been a strange year for sure (and that's a good thing).  I debated that one quite a bit, but in the end gave the nod to Chapman. They took care of business, but had little to no connectivity to anything but SCIAC and NWC.  They emerged as king of the west coast, and UWW looking rather pedestrian in losing to Oshkosh, had me re-evaluate everything. 

smedindy

Chapman is solid, and they went through the year unscathed. Not many can say that.

02 Warhawk

Alright....that time of year again. I'll try and kickstart this poll, and round up the troops.

I'll probably be looking for a few recruits if anyone is interested.

Thanks

colinsteinke

WW

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on September 02, 2021, 09:12:04 AM
Alright....that time of year again. I'll try and kickstart this poll, and round up the troops.

Thanks

I'll give 'er a shot. Who's in the West region again?

02 Warhawk

Quote from: WW on September 02, 2021, 09:36:00 AM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on September 02, 2021, 09:12:04 AM

Thanks

I'll give 'er a shot. Who's in the West region again?

You make a great point, considering the West is technically not a region anymore. West is now split up into Region 5 and Region 6.

Region 6 has majority of the "West" along with the ASC (MHB, HSU, etc..)
Region 5 has MWC, ARC, NACC along with the CCIW

We can just stick to what was the old West (using just the teams we have been using in the past)? Or combine Regions 5 and 6 in our custom version of the "West"? Or we can just do Region 5 or Region 6 on its own?

Up for suggestions

02 Warhawk

Still one open spot remains if anyone is interested.

For those who already agreed, please check your messages. We have a decision to make regarding how we want to approach, since the West is technically no more.

Thanks

sju56321

Good luck to you -maybe just keep the old west as the teams to rank
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

02 Warhawk

Yeah, after talking it over with those in the North poll, and taking suggestions from our West pollsters, I think we're just going to stick to the "West" teams. That way we're not grouping in teams like NCC, Wheaton and MHB. We'll leave those teams to the South and North to vote on.

For those participating, please check you PMs. I sent a list of West teams, as a reminder.

Hope to have a week 1 poll by Wednesday. 

02 Warhawk

2021 Week 1 West Region Fan Poll

Rank      Team           Previous    Points       
1)   UW-Whitewater (8)     -          89 
2)   St. John's (1)        -          78       
3)   UW-Oshkosh            -          68
4)   Bethel                -          55
5)   Wartburg              -          51
6)   Linfield              -          46
7)   Central               -          41   
8)   Chapman               -          29
9)   UW-LaCrosse           -          15 
10)   Whitworth             -          9

Dropped Out: N/A

RV)   Redlands (8), UW-Platteville (3), Gustavus Adolphus (2), Chicago (1)

Thanks to those who participated this week: 02 Warhawk, wm4, WW, art76, Retired Old Rat, desertcat1, colinsteinke, TwoArmedScott and wartknight.

02 Warhawk

1)  UW-Whitewater (8)     89      ( 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2) 
2)  St. John's (1)        78      ( 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4)
3)  UW-Oshkosh            68      ( 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6, 6)
4)  Bethel                55      ( 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
5)  Wartburg              51      ( 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7)
6)  Linfield              46      ( 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8, -)
7)  Central               41      ( 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 9)
8)  Chapman               29      ( 5, 6, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 9, 9)
9)  UW-LaCrosse           15      ( 7, 7, 8, 9,10,10, -, -, -)
10)  Whitworth              9      ( 8, 9,10,10,10,10, -, -, -)

RV)  Redlands               8      ( 6, 9,10, -, -, -, -, -, -)
RV)  UW-Platteville         3      ( 9,10, -, -, -, -, -, -, -)
RV)  Gustavus Adolphus      2      ( 9, -, -, -, -, -, -, -, -)
RV)  Chicago                1      (10, -, -, -, -, -, -, -, -)

02 Warhawk

Still looking for one more to participate if anyone is interested, which will give us 10 people.

Dr. Doolittle

I'm in.  What do you need from me?  I keep up with D3 football.  My son and I visited a lot of D3 schools accross the country from St. John's and other Minn schools, Wheaton, Carthage, George Fox, Puget Sound, Whitsworth, Case Western and all the SCIAC schools.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: Dr. Doolittle on September 09, 2021, 11:35:06 AM
I'm in.  What do you need from me?  I keep up with D3 football.  My son and I visited a lot of D3 schools accross the country from St. John's and other Minn schools, Wheaton, Carthage, George Fox, Puget Sound, Whitsworth, Case Western and all the SCIAC schools.

Sweet. We're happy to have you. After this week's games send me a personal message of your top 10 teams from the "West". I'll send you a list of all the West teams to select from.

Please send me your top 10 by Tuesday each week, and I'll post the results as a group. I'll never reveal who ranked what team where. I leave it up to everyone if they want to divulge what their rankings where.