FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olddog

Quote from: D O.C. on March 01, 2018, 01:49:21 PM
Lipstick on a stadium.
Fans are still 50 yards from the action.
No end zone views.
No field views.
Captive audience.
You like night games?

I guess if compared to the Catdome, with Posts in your line of sight, or you can go sit in the visitor stands they borrowed from the middle school.
Yes, in So Cal we like night game...its a positive..
When the band starts playing when full it will be very loud...
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

OCguy

Nobody here is saying the Catdome is a bad venue. I have never visited but from the photos, live feed (that i paid for) and word of mouth, it is a very nice D3 stadium. The new building really makes the "Panthedral" love that name, feel like a big time venue. It adds to the noise level and the away fans no longer have to sit on bleachers assembled out of the back of a truck. Should be a really great time for all attending, not to mention the liquor store on Campus is just a quick walk away.

Gray Fox

Liquor store on campus.?

I guess they never expect to play UMHB.
Fierce When Roused

olddog

Quote from: OCguy on March 01, 2018, 04:15:09 PM
Nobody here is saying the Catdome is a bad venue. I have never visited but from the photos, live feed (that i paid for) and word of mouth, it is a very nice D3 stadium. The new building really makes the "Panthedral" love that name, feel like a big time venue. It adds to the noise level and the away fans no longer have to sit on bleachers assembled out of the back of a truck. Should be a really great time for all attending, not to mention the liquor store on Campus is just a quick walk away.
[/qu

Word is UR has drawn up plans to expand their athletic facilities. Update and increase the size of lockers, coaches offices, training room, weight room, meeting rooms, bone yard area too, going two stories ....conceptual plans drawn and approved, now hitting up small group to fund, perhaps naming rights. Ball is rolling down hill finally.

OCguy

Good for UR on updating their facilities. And yes there is a liquor store on the corner of Chapman's campus that the school has been attempting to buy for years. Makes for a great place to fill up the cooler before kickoff.

RFB

Quote from: OCguy on March 01, 2018, 08:55:28 PM
Good for UR on updating their facilities. And yes there is a liquor store on the corner of Chapman's campus that the school has been attempting to buy for years. Makes for a great place to fill up the cooler before kickoff.

Redlands should leave "The Boneyard" exactly the way it is. It's old school, and has real character, so any changes to it will take away from the grit that is developed there. I'm all for the other changes, but leave that one place of tradition as is.

olddog

I have heard the boneyard will stay, just making the area more efficient, actually expanding it a little, so more guys can work out and update the stations.
I agree getting up for AM workouts, when its 30 degrees, needs to stay, its a grit that is lost with today's youth and not their fault. 
BTW the strength guy they have now is awesome. Less major injuries the last few years. Hope they can keep him.

RFB

Quote from: olddog on March 02, 2018, 02:37:34 PM
I have heard the boneyard will stay, just making the area more efficient, actually expanding it a little, so more guys can work out and update the stations.
I agree getting up for AM workouts, when its 30 degrees, needs to stay, its a grit that is lost with today's youth and not their fault. 
BTW the strength guy they have now is awesome. Less major injuries the last few years. Hope they can keep him.

Good to hear. Those morning workouts in the cold desert morning air were difficult, but gave us an edge. Coach Maynard was diabolical back then, and that tough mentality carried through to us on the field. The 2018 schedule is difficult, no easy games, so the team better embrace "The Boneyard" with full force.

olddog

Quote from: RFB on March 03, 2018, 12:38:17 PM

Good to hear. Those morning workouts in the cold desert morning air were difficult, but gave us an edge. Coach Maynard was diabolical back then, and that tough mentality carried through to us on the field. The 2018 schedule is difficult, no easy games, so the team better embrace "The Boneyard" with full force.

RFB, have you gotten the call, school looking to raise 14m for this project?

RFB

Quote from: olddog on March 07, 2018, 04:53:40 PM
Quote from: RFB on March 03, 2018, 12:38:17 PM

RFB, have you gotten the call, school looking to raise 14m for this project?

No, I have not received a call, but would not contribute as my discretionary income is tied to other priorities. The University has the money already, not buying into they need to raise the money.

D O.C.

Atta boy, RFB, my discretionary money is tied to San Manuel.

RFB

Quote from: D O.C. on March 08, 2018, 02:07:24 AM

San Manuel and surfing = correct priorities.

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

D O.C.

;D Surfing first.
Symbiotic relationship:
Surfing morning - "gaming" night

wildcat11

Quote from: D O.C. on March 08, 2018, 02:07:24 AM

I was going to say his discretionary money is all tied up in "Magic: The Gathering" cards.