MBB: MAC Freedom League

Started by ljk, March 14, 2005, 09:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty2

The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: kate on February 28, 2014, 10:25:25 AM
Wilkes Coach Jerry Rickrode is leaving his coaching position at the school for an administrative job at Wilkes.

Colonel John to the White Courtesy Phone....Colonel John to the White Courtesy Phone...
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

kate

Congratulations DeSales!!!   Good Luck with Mary Washington!

jmcozenlaw

I'm really looking forward to watching the Delaware Valley Aggies this year. Everybody is returning from last year and Coach Stitzel hit the mother load with several immediate, high impact players!!

Can't start soon enough :)

kate

Delaware Valley College picked #1 in the MAC Freedom Pre-Season Poll!

ronk

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on October 20, 2014, 01:55:02 PM
I'm really looking forward to watching the Delaware Valley Aggies this year. Everybody is returning from last year and Coach Stitzel hit the mother load with several immediate, high impact players!!

Here's a link about Del Val's 6-9 D1 transfer:
http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/10/ochenje-brings-d-i-talent-to-del-val-aggies/

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: ronk on November 01, 2014, 10:56:53 PM

http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/10/ochenje-brings-d-i-talent-to-del-val-aggies/

ronk - They have another 5/6 impact newcomers along with the entire roster back from last year. It could be a special year in Doylestown................along with the wrestling program ranked 4th in the country!!

Joe Vasile

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on November 02, 2014, 08:49:45 PM

ronk - They have another 5/6 impact newcomers along with the entire roster back from last year. It could be a special year in Doylestown................along with the wrestling program ranked 4th in the country!!

Tough start for the Aggies down in Virginia Beach.  Anyone watch to know what was going on?
Broadcasting my way around the MAC:
Widener Pride football 2012-2013. 
Wilkes Colonels football and basketball 2014.
Lycoming Warriors football and basketball 2016.

The College of New Jersey Alumni, Class of 2014.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Joe Vasile on November 17, 2014, 09:38:31 PM
Quote from: jmcozenlaw on November 02, 2014, 08:49:45 PM

Tough start for the Aggies down in Virginia Beach.  Anyone watch to know what was going on?

Joe - Similar to the football playing DIII's in Wisconsin and Ohio, there really aren't many DII schools down in Virginia so you are either a DI player or in many cases you play DIII. Many of the better players on Virginia Wesleyan and Apprentice School would play DII in PA (think schools like West Chester, Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, IUP, etc.) or maybe even DI-AA (think Lehigh, Lafayette, Rider, Bucknell, etc.) if they are excellent students.

TCNJ had a player beat DelVal up inside. I've seen DelVal's transfer from Pepperdine in person twice now and he is a shell of his former self.......dealing with ACL surgery and a bad back. They should win the MAC but without his full health, will be one and done in the NCAA Playoffs.

gordonmann

I watched the second half of DeSales/Catholic online and wasn't too surprised to find that DSU should be very good again. The Bulldogs repelled Catholic's rally and won at home, 80-75.

Coval does an excellent job recruiting players who fit within his system and blending players of certain types together -- athletic guards who can create their own shot, shooters who rotate around the perimeter waiting for an open look, low post players who are solid if not spectacular. Add in one player with a special set of talents, which appears to be Deal. He's a big body who can score, shoot and pass.

Michael Guldin only scored 1 point and apparently was hurt in the second half, but Slanger (8 points) and Burton (20 points) filled that same role. DSU had a little trouble against the CUA press. Maybe that's where they missed Guldin.

All in all, that's a really good DeSales team.

Joe Vasile

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on November 24, 2014, 09:14:07 AM
TCNJ had a player beat DelVal up inside. I've seen DelVal's transfer from Pepperdine in person twice now and he is a shell of his former self.......dealing with ACL surgery and a bad back. They should win the MAC but without his full health, will be one and done in the NCAA Playoffs.

I remember doing TCNJ games as a student last year and getting the feeling that this could be a good year for the Lions.  Bobby Brackett (the player I assume you're talking about) was 4th in the NCAA in rebounds last year, and their starting nucleus was largely freshman and sophomores last year.  Gotta say that I didn't expect them to top Del Val quite yet though.
Broadcasting my way around the MAC:
Widener Pride football 2012-2013. 
Wilkes Colonels football and basketball 2014.
Lycoming Warriors football and basketball 2016.

The College of New Jersey Alumni, Class of 2014.

guyman

Went to Kings @ FDU. The first 10 minutes was honestly the ugliest basketball I have ever seen at the HS level and up. It got better, but the amount of fouls in the game was nuts. Kings was shooting horribly in the 1st half, thankfully (from my perspective) they started driving to the basket. FDU went to a press in the 2nd half which was a good move - they almost came back.

kate

Gordon Mann had a tremendous call of an even more tremendous play in the last two seconds of the DelVal/DeSales game yesterday afternoon.  Please check it out on the Aggie website.  Thank You Gordon - I can't stop watching it!

AppletonRocks

Why does Gwen Stefani do that all the time? 
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

kate

And, "Appleton Rocks", what does that have to do with ANYTHING?  >:(