MBB: Great South Athletic Conference

Started by william burton, May 21, 2005, 11:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottiedoug

Nice to hear from you, Wilburt, and thanks for the articles.

How is Fisk handling the athletic scholarship business in the NAIA?  Is it a loss or does it generate more income than it costs?

wilburt

Don't really know the answer to that question scottiedoug.  My best guess is that it is a wash...
Fisk University: Founded by Missionaries, Saved by Students.

Six time SIAC Football Champions 1913, 1915, 1919, 1923, 1973 and 1975.

Six NFL draft picks and one Pro Bowler!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

narch

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 09, 2012, 10:13:57 AM
Quote from: bballlover on April 09, 2012, 09:01:01 AM
News from Demorest,GA http://www.piedmontlions.com/news/2012/4/6/MBB_0406125114.aspx

That and more in the Coaching Carousel:

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/coaching-carousel
i'm a bit torn to see coach glenn stepping away from coaching...on one hand, i'm sure that he is pleased to be able to spend more time with his young family - on the other hand, i was excited to know that pc and mu would be playing at mu at least once a year, rather than every other year, increasing the chance that i could hang out with him for a bit

he will do good things for pc in this position, though...he is a detail oriented person and hard worker

maybe they could let him coach one more game to get to win #100, though :)

scottiedoug

Invite him to dinner, Narch!  There is probably room on the bus.

coachwgh

That article on the first white guy at Fisk is incorrect. They had a white guy in '03. Logically he was supposed to be their shooter but he really wasn't very good.

Their head coach must be staying at La Quinta Inns if he can make a sales pitch for that gym...