Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Bartman on July 09, 2017, 06:03:13 PM
Hobart Football T spotted at Kiawah Island Beach, SC confuses locals as same colors as Clemson ???
A variation of an old Southwest Conference (SWC) /Southeastern Conference (SEC) joke that happened when the Arkansas Razorbacks moved...

A football player could flunk out of Hobart and enroll at Clemson and raise the academic profiles of both schools.

GillCJ1

I saw a guy with a Wheaton shirt at the Consolidated Gold Mine in Dahlonega, GA over the 4th of July.  He said he's a 2000 alum and was visiting family in the area.  He immediately noticed my UMHB cap and we struck up a lengthy conversation about football (including his dismay over their loss in the playoffs, which he was able to stomach a little easier when the Cru won the Stagg).  It's such a small world sometimes.
ASC Football Champs 2002-03, 2005-2018 | D-III National Champions 2016, 2018

2016 National Confidence Playoff Pick 'Em Champion
2017 ASC Pick 'Em Co-Champion

hopefan

Been in St. Pete Beach, Pass a Grille, Terra Verde for 2 months, always on the lookout for ANYTHING D3, and continually failing... no, I don't hit too many bars, but a lot of Beach time, shopping at Sam's and Homegoods and various Marketplaces, and hitting a variety of restaurants... but darn NO D3...

FINALLY today, driving back to the condo from (gulp) church, with my wife.. spotted a licence plate holder (holding Florida plates) boldly advertising...

North Central!!!   Given it's Red lettering, I'd be assured it was the Cardinals of North Central (Illinois), not the Rams of North Central (Minn.)
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

hopefan

Well it's a small world... only my second sighting of D3 in St. Pete, and it's a young lady wearing the t-shirt of my Alma Mater, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute!!!  A very talkative young lady, turns out her brother went to RPI, was a "computer nurde", and got a great job in NJ upon graduation 3 years ago... no, not an athlete!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Hawks88

Rhodes Golf sticker on a pickup here in Auburn today.

HSCTiger74

Denison sticker on an SUV at a convenience store in Charlotte.
TANSTAAFL

Ralph Turner

Very productive week in Estes Park Colorado.

A woman in a UW-Platteville T-shirt
A man in sweat pants with Rochester Inst of Technology.
A man wearing a moisture wicking shirt with Williams on it.

Up at Bear Lake today,
A UMHB decal on the back of a minivan
A woman wearing a Colby Rugby sweatshirt
Two separate sightings of a UW-La Crosse t-shirt on the hike up to Loch Vale.

bulk19

Out on the road today, I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac!

Sorry, I couldn't resist...  ;)

I like and enjoy reading these little updates, trivial as they may seem...
I don't see many stickers, etc., in La Crosse, but I noticed UW-Whitewater had several commercials airing today during the Milwaukee Brewers/Tampa Bay game, pitching their championship tradition in athletics...

HSCTiger74

Quote from: bulk19 on August 06, 2017, 08:56:09 PM

I don't see many stickers, etc., in La Crosse, but I noticed UW-Whitewater had several commercials airing today during the Milwaukee Brewers/Tampa Bay game, pitching their championship tradition in athletics...

The bigger issue is ... did you look back?   :)
TANSTAAFL

GillCJ1

I was down in San Antonio last week for a job interview.  The place I interviewed at is huge, so I kept my eyes peeled for any D3 references.  In the visitor's parking lot alone I saw 2 (!) different vehicles with the same exact Rhodes decal.  One had a license plate from here in TX, and the other from TN.
ASC Football Champs 2002-03, 2005-2018 | D-III National Champions 2016, 2018

2016 National Confidence Playoff Pick 'Em Champion
2017 ASC Pick 'Em Co-Champion

badgerwarhawk

Carleton sweatshirt in the Whitewater, Wi. WalMart. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Ralph Turner

+1!   ;)

bulk19

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on August 07, 2017, 12:05:28 AM

You can never look back!  ;)

NCF

Quote from: bulk19 on August 07, 2017, 11:28:07 PM
Quote from: HSCTiger74 on August 07, 2017, 12:05:28 AM

You can never look back!  ;)

K+ to both and since it's summer, here's the song .....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47FRn_ye5lc
Oh yea, and I saw a Trine sticker on the back of a car in Frankfort, Illinois. 8-) 8-) 8-)
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

crufootball

Guess they don't count anymore but I saw a car in Belton, Texas with a Mississippi College alumni license plate holder over a Texas plate.