FB: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADL70

[/quote]

Quick pivot table on the 2021 CWRU roster:

Bringing in 12 freshmen linebackers??  What is this, Mount Union recruiting??  8-)
[/quote]

Makes some sense since only 5 LB in upper two classes. Surprising that only 2 OLs
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

E.115

Quote from: jknezek on July 02, 2021, 10:08:14 AM
And the PAC ends up in Region 3 with the ODAC, USASAC, and SAA. Something tells me we won't see a lot of in region OOC play between the PAC and anyone but maybe Centre and Shenandoah. This is not going to help with setting Regional Rankings. No one wants Trinity and Hendrix in this region. Berry, Huntingdon and Birmingham Southern are only slightly better for anyone but each other.

Interesting.  Region 3 looks fairly balanced with the typical top teams:  https://d3football.com/teams/region-3

E.115

Quote from: ADL70 on July 02, 2021, 12:40:05 PM

Bringing in 12 freshmen linebackers??  What is this, Mount Union recruiting??  8-)

Makes some sense since only 5 LB in upper two classes. Surprising that only 2 OLs

3 total QBs on the roster, including 0 in the recruiting class is also a bit surprising.

ADL70

Quote from: E.115 on July 02, 2021, 01:22:29 PM
Quote from: ADL70 on July 02, 2021, 12:40:05 PM

3 total QBs on the roster, including 0 in the recruiting class is also a bit surprising.

Check out Dahlem's bio. He was an all-state qb. Might be used like Ryan Coolidge. Connor Rich was also a qb in hs.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

DagarmanSpartan

As I recall, there was one year under Pete Germano when I'm not even sure that there were 50 players on the entire roster!

Things sure have changed.................AND FOR THE BETTER!!!

DagarmanSpartan

ADL70,

I realize it was just a scrimmage, but I don't get the impression that we looked very good against Denison.

Did you see the game?  If so, then did we appear to have regressed as a program?

ADL70

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on July 02, 2021, 03:18:53 PM
ADL70,

I realize it was just a scrimmage, but I don't get the impression that we looked very good against Denison.

Did you see the game?  If so, then did we appear to have regressed as a program?

Saxton was ineffective. Denison covered Morgan well. Three times in red zone only got two FGs. Pass D gave up big plays.

https://denisonbigred.com/sports/2020/8/21/watch.aspx
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

DagarmanSpartan

Ugh.

Well that's not promising.  I hope that it'll be different in Fall 2021!

DagarmanSpartan

I just watched one of the drives against Denison that resulted in a field goal.

We really could have used the new RB from Carlton.  His 225 pound "bowling ball" frame would have been good for short yardage goal line runs.

Hopefully, he'll be able to fit football in around law school.

ADL70

Spartans first practice is in one month, August 12.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

DagarmanSpartan

Three Spartan football players were named Academic All-Americans, tying a program record.

https://athletics.case.edu/sports/fball/2020-21/releases/20210714i47aoq

DagarmanSpartan

Drex Saxton is listed as #13 in The College Football Network's list of Top Division III QBs.

https://twitter.com/thecfbnetwork/status/1415113951696805889/photo/2

BSCpanthers

In Latrobe for work for a couple days.  St Vincent looks to have a beautiful campus, even though I didn't actually get on campus.  But I got a serious question, do people not eat out in this town???  A lot of restaurants are closed and the ones open don't have dine in options.  When I asked if it was COVID protocols, people looked at me like I instantly grew a third eye on my forehead.  And responded with "no, we don't know why other places are closed, we are just repairing our dining room, so it's closed".

Strangest thing I've dealt with, even Chicago wasn't closed down like this place is.