D3hoops.com Classic in Vegas

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, October 16, 2018, 10:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89Pirate

I have been to two possibly three Classics in Vegas. The D3 basketball is awesome to see in person.

Always a fun time to experience the sights, sounds, and smells of Vegas.  SouthPoint is a great venue for those who don't really care for the activities on the Strip, but for those of us that do...well, enough said.

Might go this year, but not sure about the funds either, its my 20th anniversary next month and she wants to be on a beach, not in Vegas again.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Gregory Sager on October 17, 2018, 02:29:09 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 17, 2018, 01:57:53 PMMy mother-in-law lives two hours north of Vegas, so it's possible in the future.

Two hours north of Vegas? What in blazes is there two hours north of Vegas, aside from ghost towns, abandoned silver mines, and UFO hunters?

Mormons. Lots of Mormons. Ok, I failed geography. Northeast of Vegas. St. George, Utah to be exact. Luckily, I only have ONE mother-in-law on my wife's side!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: 89Pirate on October 17, 2018, 07:14:16 PM
I have been to two possibly three Classics in Vegas. The D3 basketball is awesome to see in person.

Always a fun time to experience the sights, sounds, and smells of Vegas.  SouthPoint is a great venue for those who don't really care for the activities on the Strip, but for those of us that do...well, enough said.

Might go this year, but not sure about the funds either, its my 20th anniversary next month and she wants to be on a beach, not in Vegas again.

It is a good place to be sure. Been very pleased.

I will also say for all of you thinking about it, from what I can tell ... the room rates at South Point are very reasonable.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: hopefan on October 17, 2018, 11:25:16 AM
Attendance at this tourney has been on my basket list for several years. Leave the wife at home, cheap flight to Vegas, lots of D3hoops, some blackjack, perhaps some late night entertainment at a fine "club".   What could be better. Now I just have to talk yjack, wipiff, TQ, Greg, FCGriz, and a couple of other midwestern regulars into coming along.  ;)
One warning... Do not collect the baseball cards!

89Pirate

Quote from: 89Pirate on October 17, 2018, 07:14:16 PM

I stand corrected, we ARE going to Vegas again this year, booked it yesterday !  Go Pirates !

Greek Tragedy

What did you have to give up to go to Vegas instead of a beach?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

89Pirate

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on December 05, 2018, 01:06:04 PM
What did you have to give up to go to Vegas instead of a beach?

Well I was going to say my basket 'balls', but in reality she loves Vegas and Whitworth and its WAAAAY cheaper than the beach idea.  The Mexico beach is still in the works for 2019.

89Pirate

On another note, who out here IS going to be there besides ME and the D3Hoops staff?

89Pirate

Ready to stress the liver and the bank account !

Excited to be headed to Vegas tomorrow !  Let the basketball begin - GO BUCS !

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Never saw you, 89Pirate!

Though for those who were following my travels on social media ... I nearly didn't make it to Vegas this year. LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

89Pirate

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 07, 2019, 03:28:23 PM
Never saw you, 89Pirate!

Though for those who were following my travels on social media ... I nearly didn't make it to Vegas this year. LOL

Sorry Dave - I kept saying to myself that I needed to get down to the other side of the court and harass you (I did come over during the WW v JH game to bug Steve Flegel), but also didn't want to bother you during a hectic time for you.  Next time I will.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Ha... there isn't a time when it's hectic or at least my brain is in five different places. :)