BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mideastfan2

^^^^  haha....nice!!

the OAC title game is under way.  you can listen online through WMOA:

http://www.wmoa1490.com/

mideastfan2

Heidelberg wins game one 5-3 over Marietta.

The winner-take-all game starts at 3:15pm.

mideastfan2

game two has been kinda crazy.  Marietta led 2-0, then Heidelberg tied it 2-2, before having a huge 5 run inning to take a 7-2 lead.  Marietta battled back, and heading to the bottom of the 9th......

HEID - 9
MAR - 8

middle of the order up for Marietta.

mideastfan2

Marietta gets runners on the corners with only 1 out and hits into a 6-4-3 DP to end the game.

Good luck to Heidelbrg in the Regional.....they are by far the most talented team heading to Terra-Haute.  If it's an 8-team regional, their pitching depth will show through big time!

Dr. Acula

Congrats to the Berg.  They have played well all season and will be great representatives for the OAC.  Best of luck!  And best of luck to everyone else going forward...with their young talent they will be good for a while.  That freshmen middle infield duo is terrifying. 

Dr. Acula

Whiteman wins the Rafeld Award and Remenowsky wins the Tekulve AGAIN.  Great career for him.  Both were very deserving.

The All-OAC (or any such awards) are great fuel for debate.  I never like to say a kid didn't deserve an award, so I'll limit my comments to a couple kids I would like to have seen bumped up.  Evanko (JCU) got 2nd team.  Obviously I thought he deserved 1st team considering earlier I posted that I thought he should win the Tekulve Award.  The other one was Ferrell (MUC).  He was 3rd in the conference at .412.  He was HM.  Both are freshmen, so no surprise.  They will have plenty of time to make 1st team in the future.     

Dr. Acula

All-Mideast Region Teams were announced.  15 OAC guys were honored including 7 freshmen/sophmores.  Congrats to all those selected:

1st Team
Whiteman, Musk
Hiscox, Ott
Lash, Heid
Wentworth, Heid
Knowlton, Etta

2nd Team
Cimino, Etta
Ferrell, MUC
Lewis, JCU
Remenowski, Ott
Sankovich, ONU
Thomas, Heid

HM
Kovanda, Ott
Grassley, Heid
Evanko, JCU
Lowe, Heid

All-Mideast Region Teams

Revised for formatting -- Thanks for the link.  Ralph Turner

WLCALUM83

Here's an update on Bobby Wright (played for Otterbein):

(Gateway's in the Frontier League-the link below provides his stats).

http://www.gatewaygrizzlies.com/team/stats/?type=player

a spectator

First of all congrats to Remonowsky (SP?).  How do things look for the 2009 season in all schools?

Dr. Acula

Quote from: a spectator on July 28, 2008, 01:38:31 PM
First of all congrats to Remonowsky (SP?).  How do things look for the 2009 season in all schools?

I certainly can't talk about ALL teams, but I think it's safe to safe the favorites based purely on returning talent have to be Heidelberg and Etta.  They both have a lot back. 

BERG:  Return 5 position players that earned All-Conference in 2008.  They also return 3 pitchers that earned All-OAC recognition including their ace, David Paddock.  And based on the fact that 4 of these 8 players were freshmen in 08, I think it's safe to assume that Coach Palm has the recruiting cranked up.  A regional appearance doesn't hurt on that front either.

ETTA:  I feel like I shouldn't comment too much since mideastfan2 is the resident Etta expert, but I will just throw out there that they return 5 All-OAC performers including their ace, TJ Knowlton.  Throw in the fact that they're Marietta and it's not hard to do the math...they'll be good. 

OTT:  They graduated A LOT of talent most notably the top of their rotation.  They're at a point now where I assume that they're going to be good every year though.  Jeremy Williams and Michael Taylor will likely emerge as their top starters.

MUC:  They exploded out of the gate last year and then kind limped to the finish line.  They graduated a middle of the order guy in Andy Warner, but other than that they return the bulk of their position players as well as their starting pitching including their ace, Paul Mariotti.  The question for them is whether they can build on 08's early success and put together a consistent conference run in 09.

Those are my top 4 based on what I know today. 

Dr. Acula

Congratulations to Dan Remenowsky.  He signed with the White Sox and reported to Bristol (VA) of the Appalachian League.

http://www.otterbein.edu/athletics/baseball/baseball.htm

a spectator

Well, I guess everyone's fall season is beginning.  How do the OAC teams look?  I see that Marietta and Heidelberg have posted their 2009 schedules.  Ott has not and I didn't check the others.  Looks like Marietta going to NC this year instead of Georgia for their first trip to play some great competition. 

fundamentalswin

Now that fall practice has ended what are some outlooks around the league.  Anyone ready to make some perdictions on how the confrence will turnout?

a spectator

Congrats to Marietta and Heidelberg on their pre-season ranking in the poll.  How do both of these teams look for this spring?  How many returning letterman/seniors for each? 

Dr. Acula

Also congrats to Brock Whiteman on being named 2nd team, d3baseball.com Preseason All-American.  The only OAC (or NCAC) representative on the team.  Hopefully that changes after the season.