Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

More weather issues...

BW/Cap PPD until Monday
JCU/ONU PPD until Sunday
Marietta/Wilm PPD until Sunday

lhpdiggy

Dr Acula,

The Williams kid pitched lights out.  Very good control, and had the kids on there heals for the most part.  He was the most impressive pitcher BW saw that day in my opinion.  3H, 5SO and not a walk in 6.

Dr. Acula

The lone finals from Saturday...

Otterbein 13, Muskingum 1
Otterbein 7, Muskingum 4

Ott is now 4-4 in the OAC and Musky is 2-8.

Otterbein got complete games from Remenowsky and Stevens.  Mauck was 5 for 10 w/ 5 RBI for the Cards.  Good to see them get the bats going.  This is probably what Coach Powell expected to see more often...3 ER given up in a DH w/ nice offensive support from their lineup. 

Dr. Acula

Quote from: lhpdiggy on April 12, 2008, 05:28:24 PM
The Williams kid pitched lights out.  Very good control, and had the kids on there heals for the most part.  He was the most impressive pitcher BW saw that day in my opinion.  3H, 5SO and not a walk in 6.

Thanks lhpdiggy.  It will be impossible to replace Remenowsky and Stevens, but Williams, Taylor, etc. appear to be very talented.  The one thing I learned that always separated Marietta from the pack wasn't necessarily the pure talent of their pitchers (which was great), but it was the depth of quality pitching they had.  It seems like Otterbein is heading that direction.

mideastfan2

Marietta at Wilmington is postponed to Monday now.

This will give Marietta the opportunity to use Knowlton and Merryman on full rest, then have them ready again for Saturday against Otterbein.   One instance where the bad weather actually has a positive effect!

Dr. Acula

Looks like Monday will be a busy day in the OAC.  All of the other DH scheduled for today have been PPD. 

mideastfan2

Marietta sweeps Wilmington.

ONU and John Carroll split.

any word from Tifiin, on how the MUC/Heid games went???

Dr. Acula

Heidelberg sweeps Mount Union 5-4 (11) and 9-4.
BW sweeps Capital 5-3 and 5-4 (10).

Current standings:

Marietta 8-2
Heidelberg  8-2
JCU 7-3
Mount Union 7-3
BW 6-4
Otterbein 4-4
ONU 3-5
Wilmington 3-7
Musky 2-8
Capital 0-10

mideastfan2

wow...big sweep for the Berg.  They are having a great year, and if they can't win the OAC, they could be in line for a Pool C tournament bid.

That sweep helps out Marietta as well.

Dr. Acula

Berg is definitely playing well.  Mount hung 4 on Paddock in the 1st and then got shut out for the last 10 innings! 

I originally had Heidelberg on top of the standings, but due to their sweep at the hands of the Pioneers I had to switch them for the sake of accuracy...no matter how much it pains me.    :)

A couple more big DH tomorrow.  BW @ MUC and JCU @ Ott. 

Anyone want to take a stab at an OAC tourney prediction?

fundamentalswin

Mount got out managed all day today and it reflected in the results... two losses

Ryder16

mount
'berg
etta
BW

Etta wins on the strength( and depth) of their pitching
and I think the runner-up ( H-Berg) will get a pool C and prob. a rematch(or 2) in the regional finals
When it comes down to two people of equal talent, it comes down to heart, I don't lose often when it comes to heart.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: fundamentalswin on April 14, 2008, 11:37:57 PM
Mount got out managed all day today and it reflected in the results... two losses

Can't say that I'm shocked.  Palm is a good coach.  Were you there fundamentalswin?  Just wondering if there were specific incidents that bothered you.  It's kind of difficult to gauge something like that from a box score so any first hand comments about any games are always appreciated.

Dr. Acula

And I need to make my guess for the OAC tourney before any finals today...

Marietta (via tiebreaker)
Heidelberg
JCU
Mount

I'll tell you what, it was nearly impossible to pick only 2 out of JCU, MUC, Ott and BW.  I almost said Ott sweeps MUC the last day of the regular season to take the last spot, but that sweep at BW scared me a little.   

fundamentalswin

There were alot of things that bothered me... How about sending your ace back out in the 7th when he is over a hundred pitches and having no one ready to go once he got in trouble... In a 4-4 game in the bottom of the eleventh the leadoff man reaches and everyone in the park knew berg was going to bunt with the leadoff man... meanwhile mount has a lefty ready in the pen but instead of letting him face the two lefties at the top of bergs order he leaves the right hander... sac bunt, then a double... game over... and the guy left in the on deck circle was right handed.

Second game there were more pitching decision problems but I'll go into that if you really want...
The biggest issue was that how you do you take the offensive catalyst (henderson) out of the lineup after a 3-5, 2 2B, 3 RBI game one