FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

A handful start a few days earlier, but 10 weeks to go.

tigerFanAlso2

Hasa

GC going to be pretty good this year ?

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on June 26, 2018, 09:11:38 AM
Hasa

GC going to be pretty good this year ?
Not 100 percent sure, tfa2.  I think many players are back, including De'Eric Bell, and recruiting went well, but the QB spot is up for grabs.  I hear it will be very competitive to settle on a starter.  We have four ODAC games on the road and play at Davidson again. Top heavy home in early part of the season ... three of last four ODAC games on the road.  I personally wish no ODAC team finished with last two on the road ... or at home.

tigerFanAlso2

Hasa

Thanks for the feedback and good luck for the coming year.

Not sure what to expect from HSC. Tigers have not been competitive lately; hoping that changes in 2018. QB is back and will be a 3 year starter; hopefully he can show some leadership and move the offensive.

Much to look forward to.

HSCTiger fan

TFA HSC was in the very competitive last year. They were in hunt for ODAC till the last weekend of the season. I know I'm always optimistic but this years Tigers return 9 on defense and 6 on offense. There's certainly a lot to be optimistic about.  Losing the ODAC Offensive Player of the year doesn't make things easier.  But offense under Favret has seldom been an issue.  I don't see it being an issue this fall either.
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

tigerFanAlso2

TigerFan

You are optimistic, refer to the W&L/RMC games last year and explain to me just how competitive HSC was.
If you get beat up by the top two teams in the ODAC, you are not competitive.

HSCTiger fan

TFA, I can't disagree with that.  Only thing I can say is I think the Tigers will be better this year than they were last year. The season is right around the corner and I'm excited for it to get started.
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

Generals98

I am a little bias! I know that W&L has a new Head Coach but look for them to be even better this year! Looking for another Championship! ;D

hasanova

Quote from: Generals98 on June 30, 2018, 08:20:25 PM
I am a little bias! I know that W&L has a new Head Coach but look for them to be even better this year! Looking for another Championship! ;D
Hi, Generals98.  I see this is your first post ... welcome to the forum and +1 to get you started.

Pat Coleman

Welcome! Word is "biased" rather than "bias" in that situation. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jknezek

Quote from: Generals98 on June 30, 2018, 08:20:25 PM

Welcome. Always good to have another General around. W&L is certainly bringing enough back on both sides to compete for another title. We will see how the coaching change works out. In terms of continuity, this change looks good. But a young, first time head coach with very narrow experience is always going to create question marks.

tigerFanAlso2

I agree, W&L will be good in 2018.

Generals98

Again a little biased ;D! Looks like a good group of talent coming in to go with an already talented group!! Can't wait for the season!! :o ;D

tigerFanAlso2

I think W&L will run the ODAC table. RMC is the only defense that has demonstrated the ability to slow W&L down; so that game can go either way, the rest W&L will be a clear favorite; my opinion. The ODAC is the ODAC so anything can/will happen along the way.

jknezek

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on July 05, 2018, 02:25:38 PM
I think W&L will run the ODAC table. RMC is the only defense that has demonstrated the ability to slow W&L down; so that game can go either way, the rest W&L will be a clear favorite; my opinion. The ODAC is the ODAC so anything can/will happen along the way.

I think W&L will be the favorite this year. And the schedule is more manageable this year than last with RMC, E&H, H-SC and Shenandoah all coming to Lexington. At Bridgewater, at Ferrum and at Guilford is the flipside. However, as much as I love my Generals, they are always the smallest team in the league. A few injuries and W&L goes from a top team in the conference to a team struggling to win a few games. The edge has been razor thin in the past.

For me, the first big question is can W&L win a road opener for the first time since a win at Towson State on September 20, 1969? Seriously, it will be more than 50 years if the Generals can't win at Dickinson this year...  0-23 in road openers since 1969...