FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBR...

i have a feeling there is going to be a big turnout for this game....even more so if oriehel were playing (rowans injured starting qb) since this game is being played in the town he grew up in and about 1/2 mile from his high school and football field at c.b. west.

RU Fan

upbr

Good old Coach Magnus should be ecstatic that Orihel isn't going to show up, in uniform that is, for this game. 

Orihel made it look easy last year throwing for 252  yards and 5 tds against Magnus' defense.

He should also be happy that Bond (DE), Berry (WR), Smith (SS) and Encarnacion (RB) won't be in uniform either.

Regardless how it turns out tomorrow, if both teams meet next year in the playoffs, Orihel will be back ... along with Encarnacion and Smith. ;)

D3Phan

Readytorock,

I wanted KB..Senior to get his buddies motor home to park that in parking lot tonight....too much?????

I am assuming you know who KB senior is.

Mac Attack!

Go Aggies!!!!!

PBR...

ru fan using injuries as an excuse is a crutch.....bottom line at this time of year everyone is banged up and you have to go with what you have available if your team is good enough you win if you dont you go home...that is why div I-AA, II, III are great because the playoffs and settling it on the field.  ;D

Simba

Quote from: RU Fan on December 02, 2005, 01:59:14 PM
upbr

Good old Coach Magnus should be ecstatic that Orihel isn't going to show up, in uniform that is, for this game. 

Orihel made it look easy last year throwing for 252  yards and 5 tds against Magnus' defense.

He should also be happy that Bond (DE), Berry (WR), Smith (SS) and Encarnacion (RB) won't be in uniform either.

Regardless how it turns out tomorrow, if both teams meet next year in the playoffs, Orihel will be back ... along with Encarnacion and Smith. ;)

Do I detect some doubt about his team in the above post?...Kind of like "Well, if we loose it's because of our injury report"....Then, the old "Wait til next year when we're all healthy" stuff...Injuries are part of game...
Others on the depth chart will need to "step-up"...Hmmm....Must be visions of MAC ATTACK in his brain....Just noticed you beat me to the punch upbrmeasap but I'm still posting it...

PBR...

right on simba!!! we are ready to rock and the mac attack will be in full force tomorrow!!! (my sister a lyco grad will be in attendance cheering the mac attack on as well!) the mac is one big family and about to take rowan down!

Dr. xGSC

Simba and Up,

Not many D3 programs that lose a QB the caliber of Orihel, a DL the caliber of Bond and a starting RB would be where they are today with what RU has done.

Answer this truthfully: Would DVC be in the situation they are without Knoblauch, Silver and Cook? Picture this scenario and you can see why what RU has done is pretty impressive. The fact that RU has gotten this far, to me, is very impressive and quite a feat in and of itself.

May the best team win, may there be no injuries, and I don't care what the score is as long as RU has more than DVC when the final whistle blows.
LONG LIVE THE BORO!

If you do ANYTHING, give it your EVERYTHING!

PBR...

dr. x i agree with you in that rowan has overcome alot. but at this point in the season the remaining teams are all banged up and to come onto our board and start throwing flames around about how we should be thankful this person and that person isnt playing and "wait until next year" is a little over the top ...no???

PBR...

i am just about out and ready to roll and wont be logged on until after the game tomorrow so good luck to both teams and lets have a great game injury free and               
GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

zman

There was  an article this week in the county paper near Rowan about the two Del Val transfers.  Both players had nothing but positive things to say about the players and coaches at Del Val (and Rowan) and both coaches had nothing but positive things to say about the players and the reasons for their transferring (mostly financial).
In this day and age of T.O. and all the other nonsense that seem to dominate sports, it was refreshing to see this kind of positive article.

Best of luck to both  squads, may RU win another one, and as Dr. XGSC says, no injuries please.

Warren Thompson

Quote from: zman on December 02, 2005, 04:54:00 PM
There was  an article this week in the county paper near Rowan about the two Del Val transfers.  Both players had nothing but positive things to say about the players and coaches at Del Val (and Rowan) and both coaches had nothing but positive things to say about the players and the reasons for their transferring (mostly financial).
In this day and age of T.O. and all the other nonsense that seem to dominate sports, it was refreshing to see this kind of positive article.

zman:

Another example, as if we needed it, of D3's superiority over the lower divisions ....

RU Fan

Quote from: Simba on December 02, 2005, 02:25:42 PM
Do I detect some doubt about his team in the above post?...Kind of like "Well, if we loose it's because of our injury report"....Then, the old "Wait til next year when we're all healthy" stuff...Injuries are part of game...
Others on the depth chart will need to "step-up"...Hmmm....Must be visions of MAC ATTACK in his brain....Just noticed you beat me to the punch upbrmeasap but I'm still posting it...

Dr X

Thanks for your support but I really don't need any help responding to these guys.  They come over to the NJAC board and post whatever they want and when you visit their board, they get their green and gold panties in a bunch.

I don't make excuses and as I've said since I began posting on these boards ..... it is what it is and outcomes are what they are.  If DVC wins tomorrow, I'll support them as the East rep. 

I don't have to make excuses for this RU team after what they've accomplished to date.  In fact, I could care less what you and your fellow Aggies think!

By the way, you never responded to DR X's question:  Answer this truthfully: Would DVC be in the situation they are without Knoblauch, Silver and Cook?

I think not ... without them, your MAC attack would resemble the Hamburglar instead.  ;)

D3Phan

RU Fan...I just went over to your board and I did not see 1 post being nasty about Rowan...coming from anyone who posts from the "MAC".....
Now I only went back 6 pages...maybe I missed something.

Good luck Aggies!!!!!

patcummings

I'll answer the italicized question above....

Mangus had an approach, got the job, got his guys, and has had enormous success. 

Knoblauch, Silver, Cook were part of that.  If he doesn't have these guys, chances are he has players of similar quality considering who else he's been able to bring in.  It just so happens these are three who have generated tremendous success...

Without G.A., Adam Knoblauch may have never gone to college and could still be working in a hardware store in Tamaqua and not experienced all the rises and falls over the past four years.  Everything else aside, win or lose, I am happiest for those who have experienced Adam, G.A., and all over the last four years.  Character aplenty in Doylestown.

gordonmann

While I agree with Pat, I think Dr. xGSC was pointing out that Rowan has unusual depth and, in my opinion, he's right.

I don't think another team in this region could get this far after losing their QB, RB and top DL to injuries.  As I mentioned on the Daily Dose last weekend, Rowan's depth is another factor that makes them the "Beast of the East."

You have to feel for Orihel.  He's a Central Bucks kid so this would've been a nice game for him to play in.