Liberty League

Started by Pat Cummings, March 01, 2005, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 20, 2018, 02:00:55 PM
Quote from: Bartman on February 19, 2018, 08:08:40 PM
Wow, a close loss to the #2 in the LL ,Union, and Hobart drops out of the top 25 rankings as well as a bunch of other 20-25 ranked teams who suffered losses. It is my opinion that Plattsburgh St. will take over the #1 ranking in the region as they take Hobart's place in the Top 25. I thought Hobart didn't have to win the LL Tourney to get in, but now I am worried. Gotta play well this weekend.

Bartman - that statement is incorrect. The Top 25 has nothing to do with the rankings. Hobart could very well stay ahead of Plattsburgh (not looking at data to make a claim). The regional rankings and Top 25 don't always agree. You can look around every week and find examples.
Thanks for your attention , you actually interpreted my comments incorrectly, I am not uninformed on these matters,  I know the regional rankings are independent from  the top 25 vote....it was just my prediction/opinion, but I also considered the teams results against ranked opponents(Plattsburgh is 3-3 and Hobart is 1-2) ....if Hobart keeps their #1 RR, I will be happy, but happier if they win the next 2 games against some good LL teams

Congratulations to RIT and Skidmore for their wins tonight. Rupkus was unconscious tonight with 39 and a killer 3 at the end.  Looking forward to the games in Geneva this weekend
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Bartman, when you say a team will take over the top spot in the regional rankings and follow it with "as they take Hobart's place in the Top 25" it can misunderstood you think there is a correlation. The sentence makes it seem the two are connected. You didn't state anything about regional rankings until the last post... thus the confusion of what you are actually saying initially.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

magicman

Hobart does keep the top spot in the Regional Rankings over Plattsburgh State. Biggest change was Brockport moving ahead of Cortland into the 3rd spot,  but that was to be expected after the Brockport win over Cortland last Saturday.

Bartman

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 21, 2018, 12:21:14 PM
Bartman, when you say a team will take over the top spot in the regional rankings and follow it with "as they take Hobart's place in the Top 25" it can misunderstood you think there is a correlation. The sentence makes it seem the two are connected. You didn't state anything about regional rankings until the last post... thus the confusion of what you are actually saying initially.
I edited my post to say "In my opinion", I hope you approve. I will move on and promise to be more precise in my language , meine buchung administrator.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

ucaafan

Congratulations to Union on winning back to back Liberty League Championships with their double digit win over Skidmore today. Reached the finals with another double digit win versus RIT yesterday and shooting over 50% from the field in both games. Was curious how a team was ranked 8th in the preseason poll so a look at their website showed they had lost more than 55% of their scoring and 51% of their rebounding to graduation. With those numbers I would have ranked them 8th as well. Combination of excellent coaching, peaking at the right time, playing consummate team ball all contributed to this impressive achievement. Well done Dutchmen and best of luck in the NCAA tournament.  Footnote - hope Hobart gets a Pool C bid, Coach Sweeney and the team deserve it.

Caz Bombers

now that's what I call.................................................

(raises sunglasses dramatically)

double dutch

Bartman

Quote from: ucaafan on February 25, 2018, 05:20:37 PM
Congratulations to Union on winning back to back Liberty League Championships with their double digit win over Skidmore today. Reached the finals with another double digit win versus RIT yesterday and shooting over 50% from the field in both games. Was curious how a team was ranked 8th in the preseason poll so a look at their website showed they had lost more than 55% of their scoring and 51% of their rebounding to graduation. With those numbers I would have ranked them 8th as well. Combination of excellent coaching, peaking at the right time, playing consummate team ball all contributed to this impressive achievement. Well done Dutchmen and best of luck in the NCAA tournament.  Footnote - hope Hobart gets a Pool C bid, Coach Sweeney and the team deserve it.
Agree, well deserved by the Dutchmen. No question they played the best at the end of the season when it counts. Hobart could not shoot in last two games against Union and Skidmore, simple as that.
Losing in the first round in your own gym was a bummer. Glad Union won as RIT players were a bit presumptive when Hobart lost. Hopeful Hobart gets a bid, but going from a chance to host an NCAA game to biting your nails to get in is a big swing.....if they get in Coach Sweeney will need them to bounce back strong. Good luck to the Dutchmen, and I will be snacking on my nails today.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

d3d3d3

Hobart is staying home.

ITH radio

Didn't deserve a bid after ending the season the way they did, unfortunately
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Bartman

Heartbreaking not getting in. They had two of their worst shooting games in their last two games in close losses to Union and a fired up Skidmore team(Hobart upset them in the LL tourney last year, so it was payback time).I said after they lost to Union, they had to win the LL tourney , and I guess I was right.  Great Hobart team, bad timing with the losses.....kind of a LL snub with Brockport (although we did lose to them) and Springfield getting in. Ouch. Well, Hobart has the entire team except one senior next year....this will certainly motivate them between now and next season. Good luck to Union, our sole representative this year.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Caz Bombers

on a more positive note, shout out to the women of Liberty League hoops for putting three teams in their NCAA Tournament. Skidmore won the Pool A bid out of the #1 seed, meaning both RIT and Ithaca earned true Pool C spots, no bubble busters. Apparently St. Lawrence was relatively close to the bubble as well.

Bartman

Good luck to the ladies
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Bartman

Union MBB down by 11 at the half against Jersey City..... an obvious athletic advantage to the Jersey boys...Union will need to hit foul shots and many 3s in the 2nd half to win this one....LL hanging by a thread
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Bartman

Great second half for Union as Jersey City falls apart for final 76-72 Union...go LL
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath