WBB: NEWMAC

Started by Renaissance Coach, December 02, 2004, 06:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remsleep

Pureshooter -- fair enough. By the way, I'm with you on the Times and Globe ( unfortunately, it appears that I let it out that I actually do read the Times on occasion...my bad)

pureshooter

rems,
        since i was there the other night, clark deserved to win that game. they were stronger in the low post and exploited it (good coaching). i thought wpi and springfields posts were the best in the league, but clark has more of them.  they have to be the favorite next year. the backcourt is young, they are quick,play great defense and know how to pass into the post (a lost art). an extremely well coached team, which i have known for a while. but when you see them play multiple times, you appreciate it more. the other incident was odd, that's all. the program is in great hands.

NEWMACwatcher

SC does indeed have the best posts in the league and if you look at the roster they are all sophomores. They should be set for next year. Rumor has it they have a good post recruit coming as well.

The loss to Babson was the result of poor shooting from their guards and a complete inability to defend the three.

NEWMACwatcher

Congratulations to WPI and MHC - also to Babson with a nice two game playoff stretch.

Picks anyone? I'll take WPI by 7.

remsleep

Quote from: NEWMACwatcher on February 24, 2007, 09:56:10 PM
Congratulations to WPI and MHC - also to Babson with a nice two game playoff stretch.

Picks anyone? I'll take WPI by 7.

If the game is played in the 40's have to go with WPI.  However, I think the Seniors, Silvey and Astuccio are so focused right now that I would lean toward Mt. Holyoke.  Let's make it Mt. Holyoke 61- WPI 55

atn alum

NEWMAC finals game between Mount Holyoke and WPI will be webcast:

http://sportsjuice.com

we'll start coverage after the mens game, which tips at noon.

NEWMACwatcher

Cannot see a game in the 40's ... but god luck to both teams.

NEWMACwatcher

Like I said ya gotta love Mount Holyoke in this one.

Uhhhhhhh, congratulations. Must go and reset expectations.

pureshooter

ecac's wed. 2/28   # 2 seed wpi vs. nichols, # 4 seed wheaton vs. suffolk.
colby sawyer is the # 1 seed.

PJ

It's an all NEWMAC final for the New England ECAC's !  .. WPI versus Wheaton

ECAC's results:
First Round – Wednesday, February 28, 2007
  #8 Rhode Island 46,  #1 Colby-Sawyer 44
  #7 Nichols 53,  #2 WPI 61
  #6 Castleton State 42,  #3 Endicott 58
  #5 Suffolk 51,  #4 Wheaton 63

Semifinals – Friday, March 2, 2007
  #2 WPI 59,  #3 Endicott  48
  #4 Wheaton 69,  #8 Rhode Island 67 (OT)

Championship Game – Saturday, March 3, 2007 (at WPI)
  #2 WPI versus #4 Wheaton

pureshooter

anyone have any thoughts on pre-season favorites, incoming freshman, transfers etc...?

Sweetness

ok I hear you. I saw you all when u played Clark, wasnt overly impressed not that Clark has been doing anything!!!

Sweetness

Quote from: Sweetness on January 11, 2008, 11:49:51 AM
ok I hear you. I saw you all when u played Clark, wasnt overly impressed not that Clark has been doing anything!!!

pureshooter

Quote from: Sweetness on January 11, 2008, 11:49:51 AM

?

pureshooter

the clark- coast guard game looked like a good one.

can coast guard run the table in the newmac?