D-3 Players in the Pros

Started by Knightstalker, August 18, 2005, 02:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITH radio

Definitely a great list. Learned a lot!

Has been some good stories on social media about Jake Kumerow, Michael Joseph and Joe Callahan who are under the radar, but still in the league.

Jerrell Freeman of UMHB had a decent run, playing for 7 seasons with the Titans, Colts and Bears as well as 3 seasons in the CFL with the Roughriders.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

bleedpurple

Jake Kumerow with a 52 yard TD reception in Green Bay's first pre-season game!

Teamski

Joe Callahan played the second half for the Eagles in their game against the Steelers tonight.  After a slow start including a fumble, he had a pretty good run of plays to finish the game up.  Once he got warmed up and moved around, he was a lot more effective.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

Bartman

Watched Callahan, actually had 2 fumbles and one lost with a pass rating of 60.2, at least no INTs. I think he is playing for a shot somewhere else as I don't see him making it with the Eagles unless there is an injury to one of the other 3 QBs. I hope I am wrong, as I like his attitude and he has mobility and seems to have good field presence. 
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

thewaterboy

Quote from: Teamski on August 10, 2018, 01:18:43 AM
Joe Callahan played the second half for the Eagles in their game against the Steelers tonight.  After a slow start including a fumble, he had a pretty good run of plays to finish the game up.  Once he got warmed up and moved around, he was a lot more effective.

-Ski
I had to turn it off! I was too nervous for him. That's good he cleaned it up. One of those fumbles he was charged with was a snap over his head. The other one the defender flat out beat the tackle (Mailata?). Hopefully he can clean it up next week and the week after in Cleveland (I am going to try and get there).

bman

Quote from: thewaterboy on August 10, 2018, 04:32:41 PM
Quote from: Teamski on August 10, 2018, 01:18:43 AM

-Ski
I had to turn it off! I was too nervous for him. That's good he cleaned it up. One of those fumbles he was charged with was a snap over his head. The other one the defender flat out beat the tackle (Mailata?). Hopefully he can clean it up next week and the week after in Cleveland (I am going to try and get there).
While it's great that Callahan is here, the facts are that The 3 qb positions are set.  Hopefully he can do well enough to be picked up by another team (barring an injury to an Eagles qb). 

Teamski

I believe that Joe was signed for the practice squad IIRC.  All he can do is make each snap count.  When he starts moving his opportunities open up.  A couple throws showed his slinger style though which can be tricky to say the least.  Once again, the announcers were impressed with his abilities which is always good to see.

-Ski

HSCTiger74

Our local NFL team runs brief league stats on the smaller boards during the games and it looks as though Jake Kumerow had quite a game against the Steelers this week. As a matter of fact he was (as of last night) the leading receiver in the league for the first two preseason games. Do any of the WIAC folks have details?
TANSTAAFL

emma17

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on August 18, 2018, 01:18:42 PM
  Our local NFL team runs brief league stats on the smaller boards during the games and it looks as though Jake Kumerow had quite a game against the Steelers this week. As a matter of fact he was (as of last night) the leading receiver in the league for the first two preseason games. Do any of the WIAC folks have details?

No real details other than he's had a pretty strong camp and seems to be liked by that insurance salesman QB up there. He had a long touchdown the first game and now the 82 yarder. Hopefully he didn't seriously injure his shoulder.

https://www.packers.com/news/jake-kumerow-continues-to-make-a-statement

Bartman

Callahan looked pretty good for the Eagles tonight, engineering the winning TD with 2 minutes remaining. He can step and throw accurately , no doubt. He helped his chances tonight in extending his NFL career. Frankly, I like Joe better than the Jets rookie starter.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Teamski

Quote from: Bartman on August 30, 2018, 11:21:13 PM
Callahan looked pretty good for the Eagles tonight, engineering the winning TD with 2 minutes remaining. He can step and throw accurately , no doubt. He helped his chances tonight in extending his NFL career. Frankly, I like Joe better than the Jets rookie starter.

And with that, Callahan was released by the Eagles today.  Keeping my fingers crossed that he gets picked up elsewhere.  No doubt, he has the talent.

-Ski

bman

Quote from: Teamski on August 31, 2018, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: Bartman on August 30, 2018, 11:21:13 PM

And with that, Callahan was released by the Eagles today.  Keeping my fingers crossed that he gets picked up elsewhere.  No doubt, he has the talent.

-Ski

Word is that they cut Callahan to make him practice squad eligble if he clears waivers in 24 hours.  They seem to want him as the 4th qb.  I was at the game last night and he looked food.  A couple bad throws, but on the whole way more good passes than bad.  And compared to the disaster Hackenberg was...
I guess we'll know shortly if he still will be an Eagle...

Teamski

Big time congrads to Wesley's Matt Gono for making the Atlanta Falcons' 53 man roster!  Way to go man!  Booyeah!   :D

-Ski

Pat Coleman

UW-Platteville receiver Dan Arnold made the 53-man roster for the New Orleans Saints.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

HSCTiger74

Looks like Jake Kumerow made the initial 53 man roster for the Packers.
TANSTAAFL