FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BSCpanthers and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

TLU02SA

Quote from: TruCru on September 20, 2018, 01:33:44 AM
Quote from: SUPirate on September 19, 2018, 04:12:03 PM
Quote from: TruCru on September 19, 2018, 11:26:34 AM
Does anyone have any suggestion on where to grab a bite before the TLU/UMHB Game? The cheaper the better, seeing as I'm a broke college student haha

We always eat at Gg's Corner Cafe in Marion (About 12 mins from TLU) or at the Dixie Grille in Sequin. I'm a chicken fried steak kinda guy and Gg's is really good. 

I think I'll have to make the trip to try the chicken fried steak! And Kelly, thank you for the info on whataburger. I've always found whataburger as a good post-game meal, it's where I always went after games in high school, and it's where I always went when I played for the Cru! Nothing like a Honey butter chicken biscuit and a W

In Seguin:

Davila's BBQ on Kingsbury St. is pretty good.  Been around for a very long time.
Kirby's Corner (Burger Joint) on 123 is hit or miss.  Sometimes I really enjoy their burgers, other times it is just ok.
I have heard that the Powerplant Grill is very good.  It is in the old water and hydroelectric plant on the Guadalupe River across from Starcke Park. Opened after my time in Seguin.  I suspect it is a little more expensive but the place looks neat.  This is a place I intend to visit on my next trip to Seguin.  Unfortunately, that will not be this weekend.
If you are looking for a good cold one and 21 or older, Seguin Brewing Company is downtown.  I have had a few of their beers and they are very good. I recommend the Honey Pecan Cream Ale.  Their Oktoberfest is very good too.

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

TruCru

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on September 20, 2018, 06:06:01 AM
Your first +k, TruCru!
I'd like to thank the academy for their consideration, thanks to my family, and of corse none of this would have been possible without my Lord and Savior  ;D
A former player and current student at UMHB

HSUCowboy2015

Quote from: HSU_1998 on September 18, 2018, 07:43:03 PM
Quote from: Kelly Boggs on September 18, 2018, 06:42:30 PM
Hey, HSU faithful, what's become of Devonte' Walker? I noticed he's not appeared in any game this season and is not listed on the roster. Additionally, Reese Childress is wearing the #5 Walker wore. I was impressed with him when HSU played UMHB last year. Just wondering what's happened to him.

In house suspension. He'll be back for the mhb game.
I'm not sure where you got that information, but Devonte is ineligible to play. He had started his collegiate career playing basketball at Angelo State and then transferred here. He had his 10 semester eligibility run out, very frustrating way to end his career, but he is still very active with the team, he's still a great asset to have around.
Stay Purple

umhb2001

After seeing DeNerian Thomas play last week, I feel a little cheated over the fact that he didn't get a chance to play LAST YEAR. Why wasn't he considered? Makes no sense to me, but oh well.

Really debating on going this weekend. Gonna be stormy and wet. We'll see.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

QB Jock Itch

I believe they had asked DT to move to QB but he has been reluctant sense he was in the mix at WR. This year they brought some transfers in at WR so he asked Coach if the offer was still there. (Is what Coach Fred said in an interview). I like the mix of QB's they have at UMHB. Right now Jase is running the offense and taking what the defense gives them. Then you can come in with Poorman and DT have some packages in for them. I've never liked the multi QB systems but we will see. Go CRU.
Quote from: umhb2001 on September 20, 2018, 09:04:39 PM
After seeing DeNerian Thomas play last week, I feel a little cheated over the fact that he didn't get a chance to play LAST YEAR. Why wasn't he considered? Makes no sense to me, but oh well.

crufootball

Quote from: HSUAlum255 on September 20, 2018, 03:35:32 PM
Hey, HSU faithful, what's become of Devonte' Walker? I noticed he's not appeared in any game this season and is not listed on the roster. Additionally, Reese Childress is wearing the #5 Walker wore. I was impressed with him when HSU played UMHB last year. Just wondering what's happened to him.

I'm not sure where you got that information, but Devonte is ineligible to play. He had started his collegiate career playing basketball at Angelo State and then transferred here. He had his 10 semester eligibility run out, very frustrating way to end his career, but he is still very active with the team, he's still a great asset to have around.

So was it a surprise this year that he couldn't play?

HSUCowboy2015

Quote from: crufootball on September 21, 2018, 09:24:51 AM
Quote from: HSUAlum255 on September 20, 2018, 03:35:32 PM

So was it a surprise this year that he couldn't play?

Yes, from what I could tell nobody had a clue his eligibility was out. HSU even sent in an appeal with the NCAA to try and get him eligible for this last semester and it was denied. Big loss for us, but thankfully we have pretty deep depth at the WR position.
Stay Purple

txtiger1

Looking forward to seeing how UMHB v TLU plays out. I expect obviously a win for UMHB, but this should be their best opponent yet -- although hearing news about their QB getting injured may dial that back a bit. Hopefully TLU's defense can put pressure on UMHB's QB's and give them some sort of competition. I would guess either TLU or SW are the 4th-best teams in conference, so I'd say we will learn more about the overall conference situation after seeing where they match up with CRU.

umhb2001

Quote from: QB Jock Itch on September 21, 2018, 06:54:04 AM
I believe they had asked DT to move to QB but he has been reluctant sense he was in the mix at WR. This year they brought some transfers in at WR so he asked Coach if the offer was still there. (Is what Coach Fred said in an interview). I like the mix of QB's they have at UMHB. Right now Jase is running the offense and taking what the defense gives them. Then you can come in with Poorman and DT have some packages in for them. I've never liked the multi QB systems but we will see. Go CRU.
Quote from: umhb2001 on September 20, 2018, 09:04:39 PM

1 post and already a +k and -k, Nice Work. I give you another for your assessment. Welcome to the board. Please keep the Jock Itch to yourself. 😉

Kelly Boggs

Forecast for UMHB vs TLU has improved. Now about a 10-20% chance of light rain during the game.
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

MUC57

Mr. Itch

Pardon a Mount Union guy jumping in but I'm also a Cru fan. We've had some good games together. I'm sure the UMHB fans welcome you to the boards.
Now, about your name. You could have been named William Itch or Robert Itch- even Waldo Itch. But Jock Itch? Maybe your parents......... Oh, now I get it. Never mind. Go Cru (Raiders too)!
Gave you a +k for going public. ☠🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

TruCru

To all the TLU fans on the boards, how is Emory Cuzze doing? Is he starting? we were in high school together, and he almost got me to commit to play at TLU haha.
A former player and current student at UMHB

umhb2001

Quote from: TruCru on September 22, 2018, 11:18:55 AM
To all the TLU fans on the boards, how is Emory Cuzze doing? Is he starting? we were in high school together, and he almost got me to commit to play at TLU haha.

Wise decision my friend. I remember being pressured to make dumb choices as a high school senior. Thankfully, we turn those around and come to our senses.  ;)  ;D