FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merlecanlas

Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on November 19, 2017, 12:14:46 PM
Quote from: desertraider on November 19, 2017, 11:59:12 AM
Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on November 19, 2017, 11:41:54 AM
Why have so much faith in the Mount Union coaching staff? It looks like they failed to do what's best for the community, the university, and the team in the past.

http://www.the-review.com/news/20171007/tampering-charge-added-to-three-rape-counts-against-former-mount-football-player

In this case, given the player is facing a felony charge, the coaching staff made a similarly poor decision on many levels.

Raiders knock Raiders - fine. Tommies knock Raiders - bite me:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/09/17/keating-resignation-st-thomas
Looks like the former head of your seminary had a sex problem, looks likt Tommie knew in 2007, looks like Tommie didn't care.

Think your mascot has an inclusion problem:
http://www.citypages.com/news/st-thomass-mascot-accused-of-wiping-ass-with-college-republicans-literature-6566800

I know its boring in MN but guns in the dorms - wow. So much for the choir boy Tommie image
http://www.startribune.com/university-of-st-thomas-student-shot-in-residence-hall-requiring-surgery/418708453/

Wow - past president a child molestor, current president seems to condone anti-semitism:
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/03/the-ugly-news-at-st-thomas.php

Glass houses - Rev - I gotta catapult and an internet full of rocks Pal.

So you're the only one who gets to talk about ethics? You must have missed that lesson on how social norms are created. I checked out your links. Most of the stuff is bogus, and has nothing to do with decisions made by the UST coaching staff. I actually agree with your take on the current situation at Mount Union. Maybe you'd find more allies if you weren't so reactive.

UST links are bogus, Mount Union links are facts?  ok.  just looking to get on the same page on the D3boards, it's not like the football teams are on the same page

DagarmanSpartan

If you don't mind me asking, did the MU coaches KNOW that this kid was facing felony battery charges when they recruited and signed him?

WRMUalum13

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on November 19, 2017, 01:04:16 PM
I feel you don't mind me asking, did the MU coaches KNOW that this kid was on juvenile probation for felony battery when they recruited and signed him?

Since it was juvenile I don't think that kind of stuff is public record. So I'd assume they had no way of knowing... not a legal expert though so I could be 100% wrong.

MUC57

Raiders fans

Here's one for your "who really cares?" file. We all know the 21 points Mount scored yesterday was low and not Mount-like. Going back in the records, I find the following:
   Dec 3, 2011. Quarterfinal. Mount Union 20. Wabash 8. Just counting wins by UMU.

I told you it wouldn't be that exciting. Just a break from the other stuff going.
I sincerely hope some of these posters, the ones making the absurd claims, go back and get their GED and, maybe, get into a nice technical school somewhere. It's a thought!

Go Raiders!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

PurpleReign

Quote from: MUC57 on November 19, 2017, 01:25:59 PM
Raiders fans

Here's one for your "who really cares?" file. We all know the 21 points Mount scored yesterday was low and not Mount-like. Going back in the records, I find the following:
   Dec 3, 2011. Quarterfinal. Mount Union 20. Wabash 8. Just counting wins by UMU.

I told you it wouldn't be that exciting. Just a break from the other stuff going.
I sincerely hope some of these posters, the ones making the absurd claims, go back and get their GED and, maybe, get into a nice technical school somewhere. It's a thought!

Go Raiders!

You make a great point.  I don't think we realized that the situation with the quarterback is normal behavior at MU.  We should not have jumped on you guys regarding decisions that have been made relative to your starting quarterback.  Having this knowledge, I believe this ends the outrage.  Here is the take away; first seek to understand what is normal and acceptable protocol before becoming outraged - we are sorry.

ADL70

Quote from: edward de vere on November 18, 2017, 12:38:32 PM
Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on November 18, 2017, 12:34:17 PM
Quote from: edward de vere on November 18, 2017, 12:32:11 PM
Mount's TV announcers are going to have laryngitis by halftime.

They are the college radio guys: WRMU

Explains some of the extra talking then, but still: Whew!

Stream would have been better with just the PA announce which the mics picked up anyway.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

D O.C.

Yeah, made me think of Warren Oates
"Lighten up, Francis."

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: PurpleReign on November 19, 2017, 12:18:39 PM
Quote from: desertraider on November 19, 2017, 11:59:12 AM
Why have so much faith in the Mount Union coaching staff? It looks like they failed to do what's best for the community, the university, and the team in the past.

http://www.the-review.com/news/20171007/tampering-charge-added-to-three-rape-counts-against-former-mount-football-player

In this case, given the player is facing a felony charge, the coaching staff made a similarly poor decision on many levels.

Raiders knock Raiders - fine. Tommies knock Raiders - bite me:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/09/17/keating-resignation-st-thomas
Looks like the former head of your seminary had a sex problem, looks likt Tommie knew in 2007, looks like Tommie didn't care.

Think your mascot has an inclusion problem:
http://www.citypages.com/news/st-thomass-mascot-accused-of-wiping-ass-with-college-republicans-literature-6566800

I know its boring in MN but guns in the dorms - wow. So much for the choir boy Tommie image
http://www.startribune.com/university-of-st-thomas-student-shot-in-residence-hall-requiring-surgery/418708453/

Wow - past president a child molestor, current president seems to condone anti-semitism:
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/03/the-ugly-news-at-st-thomas.php

Glass houses - Rev - I gotta catapult and an internet full of rocks Pal.

Let's talk about present day, MU started and will continue to start a scum bag at quarterback.  Most people wouldn't even want this clown living in their town, let alone be  associated with him.

Really? A scumbag that you wouldn't want in your town?! That seems a little over the top huh? I don't think he should've played yesterday.  Without knowing the exact situation I would determine he isn't playing until I contact authorities in Florida if I'm the coach. Let's set a little reality here though (I'm not a legal expert so correct me if I'm wrong), he probably got in a fight with someone and I could guess some reasons, but won't and then this person went to the police months later to file a claim. By that time he and his mom moved (maybe a reason for the move to get away from this person/people. By things I've seen and heard from professors, he's been a respectable kid in class and on the field. Kids deserve 2nd chances in life, use them as teachable moments....this is why I've said he sits against W&L, then get facts straight before playing him.
Just my opinion.

Spurrier

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on November 19, 2017, 01:04:16 PM
If you don't mind me asking, did the MU coaches KNOW that this kid was on juvenile probation for felony battery when they recruited and signed him?
more importantly...did the school know about his felony when they admitted him...isnt declaring felony charges  part of the admission process and financial aid process?
Why the defense ain't werkin'?

Spurrier

Stay classy desertraider...stay classy
Why the defense ain't werkin'?

mr_mom

Quote from: pradierguy on November 19, 2017, 08:17:04 AM
Early spread predictions for Mount/CWRU?
Only to change the subject <sigh>.   Early spread is MUC -14.5.

Final numbers out tomorrow night.
Never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

ADL70

I'd be ecstatic if Spartans can stay within two TDs. 
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

joelmama

Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on November 19, 2017, 11:52:44 AM
Quote from: merlecanlas on November 19, 2017, 11:46:37 AM
Quote from: skunks_sidekick on November 19, 2017, 10:10:21 AM
Whoa!   :o

DR believe it or not I wasn't specifically, and only remotely at best referring to you regarding anything I posted.  Sorry you took it that way, and I really don't want to PM you, set up a time to have it out, or anything along those lines.  I am way too old & timid for that kind of stuff.

My takeaway is that there is more (or probably less) to this story than anyone knows, and it would certainly behoove the outsiders looking in to trust the Mount folks (VK & LK) to do what is best for the university, the student athlete, and the team.

Hargrove's charges, as a former player, are not the same as Fulford.  Not even close.  It's a fun narrative to spin though.

The drug conviction occurred prior to him playing the 2016 season. The alleged rapes and associated allegations occurred while he continued playing. Looks like it's a little closer than you think.
You are that concerned about a marijuana possession charge? 

Mr.MIAC

Quote from: joelmama on November 19, 2017, 08:48:48 PM

DR believe it or not I wasn't specifically, and only remotely at best referring to you regarding anything I posted.  Sorry you took it that way, and I really don't want to PM you, set up a time to have it out, or anything along those lines.  I am way too old & timid for that kind of stuff.

My takeaway is that there is more (or probably less) to this story than anyone knows, and it would certainly behoove the outsiders looking in to trust the Mount folks (VK & LK) to do what is best for the university, the student athlete, and the team.

Hargrove's charges, as a former player, are not the same as Fulford.  Not even close.  It's a fun narrative to spin though.

The drug conviction occurred prior to him playing the 2016 season. The alleged rapes and associated allegations occurred while he continued playing. Looks like it's a little closer than you think.

Well, that and the (alleged) multiple rapes. Here's the deal. I'm sure no one thinks Mount Union is supposed to be some incubator for young intellectuals. It's where you go when you're into football and partying, and want a degree out of the whole thing. That being said, the football team needs to maintain some minimum standards when it comes to behavior (e.g. no drugs, no raping, no felonies, etc). People are watching. Children are watching. Maybe none of this is a big deal for you, but I would never support a football program that turns a blind eye to such behavior.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on November 19, 2017, 09:48:42 PM
Quote from: joelmama on November 19, 2017, 08:48:48 PM

Well, that and the (alleged) multiple rapes. Here's the deal. I'm sure no one thinks Mount Union is supposed to be some incubator for young intellectuals. It's where you go when you're into football and partying, and want a degree out of the whole thing. That being said, the football team needs to maintain some minimum standards when it comes to behavior (e.g. no drugs, no raping, no felonies, etc). People are watching. Children are watching. Maybe none of this is a big deal for you, but I would never support a football program that turns a blind eye to such behavior.

Boy for a St. Thomas fan you take a lot of interest in how Mount Union conducts itself.