MBB: USA South Conference

Started by CNU85, March 16, 2005, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottiedoug

Pretty much.  I am not yet a fan of this too big conference.  You could play someone in the tournament that you have not seen all year...maybe that is ok, but it just seems wrong. 

hasanova

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 10, 2017, 05:17:06 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 09, 2017, 08:43:11 PM
I don't want to know how you said Ursinus.

I've heard "URR-sinn-iss" and "yur-IZ-niss" -- the latter from the St. John's PA announcer at a football playoff game in 1999, when I was visiting from the east coast. Started the Pronunciation 101 bit that day, perhaps? :)
Well, Pat, it wasn't like the astronomy joke "I can see 'Ursinus' clearly now", but I did avoid saying Ursinus myself until I heard someone affiliated with UC say it online.  lol  Even Guilford gets butchered from time to time ... I still cringe if I replay the student announcer previewing the Guilford at Huntingdon football opener on the USAC's preseason broadcast.  Pfeiffer may also trip up others until they realize it's the same as actor Michelle.

hasanova

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 09, 2017, 08:43:11 PM
I don't want to know how you said Ursinus.

Buena Vista was a famous one for me... that's because there are only like three... four... maybe a half a dozen ways to say it. I now have it, but saly for other places where I am now saying theirs incorrectly to start. :)
I was mispronouncing Willamette until my sister moved to Salem.  Thankfully, they can't all be Bob Jones U.

Ben Stein Fan

Scottiedoug,

Who do you have for the McGreal v. Wallace tonight in PA?

Go Panthers!  I love David McGreal but I hope Kendal beats him tonight.

Ben Stein Fan

Coach Wallace and LaGrange outlast Coach McGreal and Penn State Altoona 104-94 in OT.

Way to go Panthers!

Coach McGreal has a really good young team and will be a tough out in the AMCC.

scottiedoug

I bet that Wallace-McGreal dustup was fun!

Ben Stein Fan

Watching last night's game and the current game, this is a different Lagrange College team.  They still pick up at full court but it is token pressure, and they do not shoot the three as much as they have in the past.  A lot more low post scoring and mid-range shots. 

Be interesting if Coach Wallace plays this way the entire year or just the start of the year.

LC trails Juniata College at the half 35-31.

hasanova

Congratulations to HC Caleb Kimbrough and the Huntingdon Hawks on their 2-1 start, which matches last season's win total.  I got a chance to watch the Hawks play twice in Greensboro where they soundly beat Hampden-Sydney 80-60 and were slightly outmanned by Guilford 90-63.  Things are looking up in Montgomery.

bballlover

It will take a while to grasp this new schedule. Piedmont vs Maryville before Xmas. WOW

scottiedoug

Last year Maryville played LaGrange before the break.  That did not seem right either, especially I bet to LaGrange, who got trounced.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is the time of the season when managing practices and games around finals and soon-to-be holiday breaks can be difficult, especially as most conferences have begun in-conference games while there are still non-conference battles on tap.

On Thursday's edition of Hoopsville, Dave chats with a number of coaches who have had significant starts to the season, but are now managing their seasons. How are the highs and lows massaged and how to keep student-athletes focused not only on their studies (and finals), but also the game.

Results at this time of the year will be a factor come the end of the season.

Dave will also discuss, and update if able, the breaking news out of St. Norbert where the women's basketball team has been suspended ten games due to a number of players' actions.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show starting at 7:00 pm ET here: http://bit.ly/2ADCaC3.

After the show is over, you can watch it On Demand or listen to the podcast (info below).

You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Dan Lukes, St. Norbert Assistant Athletics Director/Athletics Communications
- David Doino, Averett men's coach
- Ken Davis, Lake Forest men's coach
- Klay Knueppel, Wisconsin Lutheran women's coach
- Michelle Filander, Austin women's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

scottiedoug

Maryville beats LaGrange by 30 at LaGrange?  What is up with that?  And Songster hardly scored.

mattgrubb

The Wallace/McGreal match up was epic.  It was better than an arm wrestling match between those two.

Apparenlty the Old Man Lambert still has a little gas in the tank and he sure lit a fire under The Maker of Men and Disciple of Defense.  LC has graduated quite a few very good players over the past 3-4 years.  Its hard to find kids like they have had every year.  A lot of those kids were special players.  I can imagine how long it took Wallace to drive home after the game.  It probably took him 6 hours to make it from the gym to his house he was so distraught, confused, and lost.  Remember whatever Wallace is doing now, he will be ready for the USASC/Nick Mitchell Men's Basketball Tournament at the end of the year.  The guy pulled an at large bid out of the USASC one year and he did learn from one of the best ever!!!

The real scots are 3-0 in the conference before christmas and the fake scots are 2-0.  Both teams have 3 total losses.  The real scots have 2 conference road wins and the fake scots only have 1.  Winning the division and conference will come down to road wins.  Advantage:  REAL SCOTS!!!!!

Keep it locked down mi compadre con queso!

scottiedoug

Glad you are still with us, Grubby One.

mattgrubb

The Grubby One has never given up on his Scots. I'm not Kris Sigmund or Greg Hernandez!
Most exciting development so far this season is Malcolm in the middle. I'm currently working on a contract for Sigmund to wrestle Malcolm at a practice.  Emier's dunks so far this season have been average Emier dunks at best. I need super Emier dunks after Christmas.