FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crufootball

Who is the replacement ? I saw something about the former associate AD being named the interim AD but nothing full time.

Wesley HNIC

Coach Short, she's also the Field Hockey Coach.

crufootball

Quote from: Wesley HNIC on May 25, 2018, 11:19:26 AM

I thought she was the one that was going to be the interim, is it assumed that she will become the full time AD?

Either way I agree that it would seem that if Coach Knapp wants the head coaching job than it would be odd that he wouldn't be the most likely candidate.

Wesley HNIC

The President is sure giving him a rough road to travel to get this job!!

Wesley HNIC

Congratulations to Coach Chip Knapp, for being named the Head Coach of the Wesley Wolverines Football Team, Now Lets Go Win a Game!!

thewaterboy

Congrats to Chip Knapp, the new head coach at Wesley College. Don't think anyone would have wanted it to happen under these circumstances (in fact both Knapp and Drass had planned to retire together) but, I am confident that Wesley can pick up where they left off.

The question becomes: Who runs the defense? It was always Drass, so it will be interesting to see what will be done about that. It seems too late to hire someone and bring a new defensive scheme in.

MUC57

Congrats to Coach Knapp on his selection as head coach at Wesley College. I just read the story on the Wesley website. Coach Drass will be a tough act to follow, but Chip Knapp was with him a long time. I'm sure D3 fans everywhere wish him well. And well wishes and prayers for his son.
Wesley and Mount Union have played some great games in the past. I look forward to more in the future. Good luck Wolverines!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Teamski

A fine and logical choice!   :D

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: crufootball on May 25, 2018, 03:16:59 PM
Quote from: Wesley HNIC on May 25, 2018, 11:19:26 AM

I thought she was the one that was going to be the interim, is it assumed that she will become the full time AD?

Either way I agree that it would seem that if Coach Knapp wants the head coaching job than it would be odd that he wouldn't be the most likely candidate.

Yes - she was named interim. They have to figure out what to do with this hire as well. She is not the full-time AD until they figure out what they want to do with the position.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

RowanPhan

As a Rowan fan, I'm glad to have found this board. Looking forward to joining the ongoing discussion of NJAC football.

Typically it's tough to find any news on D3 recruiting, but I recently found an article with a few college choices for local seniors. I highlighted the players headed to NJAC schools (from the Courier Post:https://amp.courierpostonline.com/amp/107652410)

FOOTBALL
Aaron Acosta, Lenape, Marist
Nicholas Adinolfi, Williamstown, Susquehanna
Nihym Anderson, Vineland, Maryland
Devon Banks, Williamstown, East Stroudsburg
Jordan Baxter, Holy Cross, Morgan State
Brian Beck, Holy Cross, Shippensburg
Dave Burns, Triton, Kutztown
Will Ciemny, Haddonfield, Davidson
Iverson Clement, Rancocas Valley, Florida
Ty Cobb, West Deptford, Catholic
Shamere Collins, St. Augustine, Sacred Heart
Chris Cowley, Holy Cross, Abright
Roy Crawford, Cumberland, Kean
Kyle Dobbins, Timber Creek, Temple
Xavier File, St. Augustine, Army
Mike Galaida, Lenape, Gettysburg
Jamar Garland, Paul VI, Delaware Valley
Zahir Goyins, Eastern, East Stroudsburg
Matt Gray, Gloucester Catholic, Rowan
Taj Harris, Palmyra, Syracuse
Marcus Hillman, Camden Catholic, Elon
Eric Hoffman, Holy Cross, Albright
Demetrius Hudson, Paul VI, Valley Forge Military
Da'Mire Hutchinson, Sterling, Maine
Deion Jennings, Timber Creek, Rutgers
Tom Kane, Shawnee, Rowan
JoJo Kellum, Lenape, Assumption
Travon King, Woodrow Wilson, Temple
Matt Lajoie, Lenape, Gettysburg
Carlton Lawrence, Millville, Hutchinson CC
Devin Leary, Timber Creek, NC State
Eric Matos, Paul VI, Delaware Valley
John Murphy, Seneca, Alvernia
Kyle Murphy, Gloucester Catholic, Rowan
Jordan Nash, Timber Creek, East Stroudsburg
Dallas Newkirk, Timber Creek, Elizabeth City State
Isaih Pacheco, Vineland, Rutgers
Cejai Parrish, St. Joseph, Northern Arizona
Devon Rand, Paul VI, Widener
Austin Rapp, Paul VI, Delaware Valley
Ethan Rieger, Shawnee, Widener
Daevon Robinson, Shawnee, Rutgers
Sean Ryker, Hammonton, Stetson
Daejuan Sanders, Highland, Maine
Kyle Sapp, Rancocas Valley, Kutztown
Noah Sansalone, Vineland, Bucknell
Clayton Scott, Millville, Sacred Heart
Shane Scott, Lenape, Lock Haven
Derryk Sellers, Timber Creek, Elizabeth City State
Michael Siwak, Holy Cross, The College of New Jersey
Tariq Snead, Timber Creek, East Stroudsburg
Tyler Suckiel, Gloucester Catholic, Kings
David Taplin, Camden, Kean
Qwahsin Townsel, St. Joseph, Villanova
Alan Tucker, Paul VI, Southern Charleston
Jeff Undercuffler, Holy Cross, Albany
Robert Upshur Jr., Collingswood, Johnson C. Smith
Matthew Verrico, Holy Cross, Fairleigh Dickinson
Dylan Washington, Millville, Rhode Island
Nick Werkheiser, Holy Cross, Widener
Don Williams, Camden, Rutgers
Keanu Williams, Paul VI, Widener
Nicholas Wolfe, Williamstown, Albright
Josh Zamot, Holy Spirit, Stony Brook
Go Rowan!

raiderpa

Congratulations to Chris Knapp for the appointment to the Wesley head coaching position.  His dedication to the school has been rewarded, albeit under unfortunate circumstances.  I wish him the greatest success and hope to see him in Alliance in the near future.  Our games facing his offenses have been amazing.

Wesley HNIC

Thank you, Raiderpa that's very nice of you to say!!

wesleydad

Congratulations to Coach Knapp on getting the head coaching position.  It will be interesting to see how things move forward without the person who has been guiding the ship for so long.  I don't expect much to change since Coach Knapp has been there for just as long and I am sure was an integral part in much that has gone on at Wesley since Coach Drass started.  Big shoes to fill.

RowanPhan

Listing of some of Rowan's incoming recruits

Name              Position  Height  Weight  School               Notes
Matt Gray         FS, WR    6'0     185     Gloucester Catholic  Three-year starter and team captain, 5 ints (3 in one game)
Thomas Kane       OT, DT    6'3     255     Shawnee              2018 Phil Simms North+South All Star Game
Kyle Murphy       C, NG     6'0     250     Gloucester Catholic  Team leader and top student, two-way lineman, standout offensive guard and defensive tackle
Nick Maniero      RB        5'8     160     Nutley               2018 Phil Simms North+South All Star Game
Jake Schillinger  WR, CB    6'0     165     Shawnee              Adam Taliaferro Foundation Classic invite. He plans on walking on to the Rowan football team in the fall
CJ Barrett        QB        6'1     190     Sterling             Most Valuable Player honors as the White team downed the Blue squad 26-13 in the 28th annual Adam Taliaferro Foundation Classic
Go Rowan!

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle