Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisheralum91

I do like Bport in this one as well,
Maybe not by 14+ but will dominate.

Then things get interesting!!!! ;D

Bengalsrule

Bartman

You don't really know how strong DeVal is even though they beat Wesley early(Wesley seems to get off to slow starts )....so I think Brockport wins but I would not be surprised by anything from 3 to 21 point edge......weather looks decent(45 and cloudy, 6mph winds) , so Germinerio should thrive but DelVal at home, so comfort factor with Aggies....should be another good one......I picked Brockport for final four after Hobart win....Good Luck....if you win this one it will be a cake walk ;)
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

D3viewer

Well..if it comes down to  number of coaches, DelVal has Brockport beat. Brockport lists 8 coaches and DV more doubles them at 18. I expect DV to be extremely well coached, and it appears they are.

bports

Bengalsrule

fisheralum91

Safe travels to all heading out this weekend.
Lets go Bport and represent the E8 proudly!

bports

Bus is headed out !! Business trip !!

wesleydad

I don't think this game is going to be as close as some think.  I believe that Brockport is better on both sides of the ball and that Del Val will have trouble scoring on Brockport.  If the game is played mistake free on both sides I see Brockport winning in the 28 -13 range.  Now if mistakes occur all bets are off just like in most games.  I think, just like last week, Germanario will be the difference in the game.

D3viewer

Brockport will once again be facing a RB who was their respective conf Player of the Year. Last week it was Lee who was smaller and shiftier. This week it is D. Ellis, who is bigger at about 6-1 227. Brockport's D did a good job holding Lee in check (3.6 ypcarry), so we'll see how thwy do against a bigger back with a more run oriented offense. Wesley was more balanced on O, they just turned the ball over and dropped too many passes.
DV wants to follow the "run the ball and play great defense" motif.
Conversely DV will have to slow down Brockport QB Germinerio. Wesley did not. He was 30 of 38 in passing with almost 300 yards through the air with 3 TD passes and no INTs. They did get to him a bit with 2 sacks. His run game was not really effective (scrambles were a bit). They seemed to shy away from running him for good reason (injuries).Brockport's run game is most effective when he and Morrison go back and forth on keepers and misdirection in the backfield. Morrison continues to be a question mark.
This looks the be the best D Brockport has faced this year.  DVs strength on O is Brockport's strength on D (run game). If Brockport gets up on DV by a few TD's it could be tough on Dvs passing game to catch  up.  Dv needs to keep it close so they continue to run the ball and try to limit Brockport on O. I think Bport wins in a close game.
Brockport's wildcard on offense is Tyree Brown, former Western NY HS player of the year (originally committed to St Lawrence). They look for diff ways to get him the ball. I'm not sure Dv has anyone that versatile in their offense.

@d3jason

Tough to say, but Morrison looked done last week. I expect to see a lot of Brown at running back

Morrison's backup Hollister did very little against the Wesley defense. Plus, he is also only about 5-foot-6, 160 pounds. He took several big hits from the Wesley defense. Brown didn't get much in the run game either other than at the goal line in their earthquake formation.

I would think that the Delaware Valley D will focus more on containing Germanerio and the pass game. They were effective with this against Wesley in the opener. Lee ran for 150-plus but they gave up very few big plays in the pass game and were able to create turnovers.

Germanerio will have to be as sharp as he was last week. The DVU back-seven is very experienced.

bports

Morrison practiced all week

bports

Turnovers obviously cost Wesley the DV game. First downs were 24-12 and Wesley had way more total yards.

thewaterboy

Quote from: bports on December 01, 2017, 02:52:21 PM
Turnovers obviously cost Wesley the DV game. First downs were 24-12 and Wesley had way more total yards.
Turnovers cost Wesley in both games....

@d3jason

They always do. 😜

Glad to hear Morrison practiced. I do favor Brockport in this one, but DVU average yards per play was essentially equal in that game.