FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlippiel

Quote from: UfanBill on September 19, 2017, 03:25:51 PM

"Dlip also enjoyed seeing local Shaker product getting the nod at QB for the Bombers. Seems like the kid played well yesterday. Dlip wishes him and the Bombers the best on the season! Congrats on the new coaching staff's first victory!"

I'm certainly impressed with the job Wahid Nabi did for Ithaca last Saturday. Other Section 2 (Albany area) products are also starting at QB for other Eastern region teams...Billy Pine at Hartwick (Hoosick Falls), Joe Germinerio, Brockpost (LaSalle) and Jake Eglintine, Springfield (Saratoga) are all tearing it up this season.

+K Bill for pointing out the other local players having success behind center. dlip always looks at local section #2 football as being below par (no factual info here just his perception which could very well be wrong) so he gets very excited when local players from section #2 have success at the next level. Thanks for pointing out the others!

Bombers798891

Hot take time:

Provided he stays healthy, Wahid Nabi is going to break every IC passing record there is

Will Gladney is going to do the same for the receiving records.

Bartman

Quote from: Bombers798891 on September 20, 2017, 10:39:36 AM
Hot take time:

Provided he stays healthy, Wahid Nabi is going to break every IC passing record there is

If Swanstrom really goes passing happy you might be right. I certainly think Gladney will get there. Not so sure Nabi will pass Felicetti 9,000+ and 86 TD's , but starting for 4 years and barring injury this tandem sure look like good horses in the race . Hobart secondary will have their hands full on 9/30 and they are not the strength of the team at this point(although D'Antonio holds his own  most games). Getting nervous already for possibly the Statesmen's first win at the Butt ::)
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bombers798891

Quote from: Bartman on September 20, 2017, 02:56:06 PM
Hot take time:

If Swanstrom really goes passing happy you might be right. I certainly think Gladney will get there. Not so sure Nabi will pass Felicetti 9,000+ and 86 TD's , but starting for 4 years and barring injury this tandem sure look like good horses in the race . Hobart secondary will have their hands full on 9/30 and they are not the strength of the team at this point(although D'Antonio holds his own  most games). Getting nervous already for possibly the Statesmen's first win at the Butt ::)

Yeah, it's going to be a great matchup. I'm happy the Bombers have an extra week to prepare for the game.

As you guys will learn about me, I really love records, and conversation about who the best is, and I always get excited when young players shine bright because it means we might have new entries into both

Bartman

Quote from: Bombers798891 on September 20, 2017, 03:18:56 PM
Quote from: Bartman on September 20, 2017, 02:56:06 PM
Hot take time:

Yeah, it's going to be a great matchup. I'm happy the Bombers have an extra week to prepare for the game.

As you guys will learn about me, I really love records, and conversation about who the best is, and I always get excited when young players shine bright because it means we might have new entries into both
Also happy for the extra week...Hobart will be totally up for this one as the last time the Statesmen visited IC two years ago, we played like total crap(The IC defense certainly caused much of that) and lost 24-6 as the Hobart regular season winning streak of 32 games was ended with a thud. Hobart will be perfecting the run game against Endicott and keeping away from showing the Bombers anything to scout ,  leaving some surprises for Buttercup( hopefully good ones for the Statesmen). Total respect for IC and excited to see you in the LL and to watch the young Bombers perform.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bartman

Congrats to Hobart OLINE for being named to D3.com team of the week for gaining 310 rushing yards in the 2nd half against SU....the new OLINE composition with Koch at Guard and 6'10" Micah Holloway at Tackle  on the left side has really made a difference since the Brockport game..still need some work on the pass protection but this is great progress... Letizia and Harvey both with 100 + yards ....If we can smash mouth run AND pass over the top we could keep everyone on their heels....GOBART
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Oline89

Quote from: Bartman on September 21, 2017, 12:18:59 PM
Congrats to Hobart OLINE for being named to D3.com team of the week for gaining 310 rushing yards in the 2nd half against SU....the new OLINE composition with Koch at Guard and 6'10" Micah Holloway at Tackle  on the left side has really made a difference since the Brockport game..still need some work on the pass protection but this is great progress... Letizia and Harvey both with 100 + yards ....If we can smash mouth run AND pass over the top we could keep everyone on their heels....GOBART

I agree completely, the O Line has really begun to gel.  When the downfield receivers were tightly covered last weekend, Bart switched to the run.   The O line only needed to open a few creases for the running backs to hit.  Letizia and Harvey are a great combination of quickness and power (both of them have terrific speed). 

Bartman

Quote from: Oline79 on September 21, 2017, 03:51:47 PM
Quote from: Bartman on September 21, 2017, 12:18:59 PM

I agree completely, the O Line has really begun to gel.  When the downfield receivers were tightly covered last weekend, Bart switched to the run.   The O line only needed to open a few creases for the running backs to hit.  Letizia and Harvey are a great combination of quickness and power (both of them have terrific speed).
You need 'dem BARTHOGS ;D
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

UfanBill

Last week Union got out to a easy, quick start leading Gallaudet 17-0 at the end of the 1st quarter Then over the next 20 minutes they played their worst stretch of the season giving up 3 TDs and falling behind 21-17. Their best offensive weapon RB Connor Kinzelmann left with an apparent injury and didn't return... BUT then something happened. The O-Line took charge, backup RBs Derek Khnaizer and Travis Demby found some space, QB Nick Cascione made the throws and the defense made the stops. Union for the first time in what, 5 years, came from behind in the second half to win 31-21 (my prediction was 34-12,not bad)...NICE !!! ...This week the Dutchmen continue their odyssey with a game at Curry. I don't know much about the Colonels other than they went 3-6 last year but are off to a 3-0 start this year. I'll predict a close game, maybe OT, and I don't know if Kinzelmann will play, so since I AM a Union fan...Union 23-20.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Bartman

Review of Predictions:

Hobart               42                        Endicott            17      Another alum HC , Kevin DeWall returns and is rebuffed...no ESPN highlight this week
RPI                   28                         Buff St              21      A real battle with the Engineers toughing it out
Rochester           7                          Alfred               42      Alfred would have scored more but uses 2nd, 3rd stringers
Union                21                         Curry                14      Curry puts up a fight but Dutchman go to 3-1 and are ready for the LL

OOC will go 3-1 for week and 12-7 YTD

The RPI and Union games should be the closest and most entertaining (I hope I have not jinxed my Statesmen)...good luck to all of the Liberty League...and if Rochester beats Alfred ....North Korea will give up their Nukes :o
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Garnet

Quote from: UfanBill on September 22, 2017, 01:36:08 AM
Last week Union got out to a easy, quick start leading Gallaudet 17-0 at the end of the 1st quarter Then over the next 20 minutes they played their worst stretch of the season giving up 3 TDs and falling behind 21-17. Their best offensive weapon RB Connor Kinzelmann left with an apparent injury and didn't return... BUT then something happened. The O-Line took charge, backup RBs Derek Khnaizer and Travis Demby found some space, QB Nick Cascione made the throws and the defense made the stops. Union for the first time in what, 5 years, came from behind in the second half to win 31-21 (my prediction was 34-12,not bad)...NICE !!! ...This week the Dutchmen continue their odyssey with a game at Curry. I don't know much about the Colonels other than they went 3-6 last year but are off to a 3-0 start this year. I'll predict a close game, maybe OT, and I don't know if Kinzelmann will play, so since I AM a Union fan...Union 23-20.

Union is playing Purple Drank?

'gro, are you aware of this?

Yeah, I know, he is long gone....

HSCTiger74

Quote from: Garnet on September 22, 2017, 03:18:17 PM

I'm still hoping someone comes in with a comment about "dem spicy boys", but I guess that's long gone too.
TANSTAAFL

Caz Bombers

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on September 22, 2017, 04:25:43 PM

I'm still hoping someone comes in with a comment about "dem spicy boys", but I guess that's long gone too.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Dem Spicy Boyz were too hot for IC to handle in the first round of the 2008 playoffs, denying us what would have been the first Cortaca playoff game in 20 years the following Saturday, excuse me, Saterday.

AUPepBand

Quote from: Caz Bombers on September 22, 2017, 06:04:10 PM
Quote from: HSCTiger74 on September 22, 2017, 04:25:43 PM

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Dem Spicy Boyz were too hot for IC to handle in the first round of the 2008 playoffs, denying us what would have been the first Cortaca playoff game in 20 years the following Saturday, excuse me, Saterday.

Saterday indeed. Pep happened to run into Gatto at the Mount-Alfred playoff game in December and informed him that we still get exited on these boards about Saterday.

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

dlippiel

Dlip's Dutchman face that purple drank...who woulda thank?????

That's the best dlip's got  8-)