FB: Region 3 fan poll

Started by Pat Coleman, June 23, 2008, 10:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 14, 2010, 04:07:26 PM
Quote from: HSC85 on December 14, 2010, 10:13:35 AM
Ralph,

Thanks for the links.  I am really surprised that head to head matchups don't seem to matter in these computer models.  Louisianna beats Hardin Simmons and are still ranked well below them.

Where was Belhaven ranked?

Lazindex

Belhaven was ranked 54 of 90 in the NAIA.  The rate was 0.413.

Massey Ratings]http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf#conf]Massey Ratings

#47 of 90 in Massey.  -0.680 rating

Belhaven 17.2 rating  #52 of 90 in bornpowerindex.

Bornpowerindex

In its first game of the season, Louisiana College lost at Belhaven 41-34.  Belhaven was playing its second game of the season. (IMHO, I cannot think of a more unfavorable place that one can schedule themselves than going on the road for the first game of the season to a team that has already played a game.)

@d3jason

I will administer this poll for 2011, if anyone is interested. ( I don't want to vote in it.) I would think that we need at least five (I think that was the number that did it last year.) Let me know at jason.bowen@d3sports.com.

Probably won't have one this week, but we could try for next week.

Ralph Turner

Sorry for me to take so long to get something posted.

I had five and now have four posters.  I am waiting on a response to the invitation for the 5th.

Please give me until Saturday morning, and I will get the first one up.

(Sorry about the day job interfering...but a day job is a good thing to have in 2011!)

Jason, let's communicate offline.  Thanks.

(Also, Irene messed up some folks' plans last weekend.)

@d3jason

Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 01, 2011, 02:13:15 PM
Sorry for me to take so long to get something posted.

I had five and now have four posters.  I am waiting on a response to the invitation for the 5th.

Please give me until Saturday morning, and I will get the first one up.

(Sorry about the day job interfering...but a day job is a good thing to have in 2011!)

Jason, let's communicate offline.  Thanks.

(Also, Irene messed up some folks' plans last weekend.)

Sounds good. Darn day jobs always getting in the way of what's important.  :)

PA_wesleyfan

Sorry for the hold up I had to install another browser to read  kickoff and I was without power for 2 days because of Irene. Hope Katia or whatever they are calling her stays away
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

Ralph Turner

Quote from: PA_wesleyfan on September 01, 2011, 09:25:31 PM
Sorry for the hold up I had to install another browser to read  kickoff and I was without power for 2 days because of Irene. Hope Katia or whatever they are calling her stays away
Yes. Please send it to me when you get a chance.

I will post them sometime this weekend.

It is pre-season and then we can get on schedule.

PA_wesleyfan

ralph I did send you my poll. Did you get it?
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

Ralph Turner

Quote from: PA_wesleyfan on September 03, 2011, 11:02:17 PM
ralph I did send you my poll. Did you get it?
Yes, I need 2 more.  I have PM'ed them to send me their pre-season poll.

Ralph Turner

Slow start to the South Region Fan Poll, but here is the Pre-season Poll.

Team                      Votes    Balloting
1)   Wesley     (4)    49        1,1,1,1,2
2)   UMHB       (1)    46        1,2,2,2,2
3T) TMC                  37        3,3,3,4,5
3T) HSU                  37        3,3,4,4,4
5)   H-SC                17        5,5,8,9,*
6)   JHU                   15       5,6,9,9,*
7)   W&L                  14       5,6,8,*,*
8T)  Salisbury          11        4,7,*,*,*
8T)  W&J                 11        6,8,8,*,*
10T) McMurry            6        7,10,10,*,*
10T) Ursinus             6        7,9,*,*,*

Received votes   *   *

RV   Bridgewater        5       6,*,*,*,*
RV  Centre                5       6,*,*,*,*
RV   CNU                  4       8,10,*,*,*
RV   Muhlenberg        2       9,*,*,*,*
RV   Birmingham So   1       10,*,*,*,*
RV   DePauw              1       10,*,*,*,*

I have used the South Region Page as the source of South Region teams.  Salisbury is competing in the Empire 8, but is still listed in the South Region this season. DePauw is a "South Region" independent this season.

Pat Coleman

Until the NCAA publishes a handbook, we aren't moving DePauw.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

wesleydad

the poll looks good, except for the fact that bridgewater received a 6 place vote.  cant say much about anyone else, but after watching them play, losing to st vincent 17 - 3 in the 4th, the south is very week if they are one of the top 15 teams.  maybe vote them 9 - 10, but not 6.

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Quote from: wesleydad on September 04, 2011, 06:16:13 PM
the poll looks good, except for the fact that bridgewater received a 6 place vote.  cant say much about anyone else, but after watching them play, losing to st vincent 17 - 3 in the 4th, the south is very week if they are one of the top 15 teams.  maybe vote them 9 - 10, but not 6.

Just so fans know, I was not the one who had them in their top 10.

After seeing that BC/St. Vincent game as well, they won't be in my
Week 1 poll either. They have some maturing to do on offense. Special teams and the defense looked like a top 10 region team, though.

I can see the voter dropping BC after this week, as well as top 25 voters. BC has potential to be good once they figure out who they are on offense.
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

Ralph Turner

I want to thank my pollsters for their participation.

There was quite a bit of turnover, for personal reasons that I will not discuss here.

Wes Anderson, PA_Wesleyan fan and I return.

Hasanova and roocru step down. Thanks for their service.

I have asked Matt Barnhart, the creator of the South Region Fan Poll, and Toby Taff to serve as pollsters.  I believe that these posters have demonstrated an objective analysis of the South Region teams, both from their history of postings and the character of their contributions to the content of the boards.  IMHO, their initial ballots have reflected an attitude to "get the South Region Fan Pool" right!

Thanks for serving.

Ralph Turner

17 teams got votes in the Pre-season Poll.

As always, corrections are always appreciated!  I shall always try to post the ballots so that you fans can check my addition.

The good thing about the poll is the conversation that it generates.

PA_wesleyfan

I find it very hard to pick the last 4 or 5 spots the first few weeks of the poll. I read what the league coaches predictions and the other polls . But it is still hard to decide what conference leaders ared for real and who may be the second or third teams that will knock them off. We know about the UMHB's and Wesley's but it's the up and comers or the teams that had a bad year that you have to wait and see if they are going to stay on top for a few years or not!!!