D3 soccer in Landmark conference

Started by sokermom, February 03, 2017, 10:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejay

Quote from: Mid-Atlantic Fan on November 02, 2017, 08:14:27 AM
With Drew being behind Dickinson in the latest rankings at #6 I think they are a huge bubble team if they don't win the Landmark. If they were sitting in front of Dickinson at #5 I would say they are on the right side of the bubble. I would be worried if I were a Drew fan but as long as they take care of business in the championship they have nothing to worry about.
Even if they lose, 17-1-1 and 3-1 RvR would be enough for me to put them in.  And I don't care if they're #6 or #16, I sure as heck wouldn't want to play them.

Shooter McGavin

Quote from: EB2319 on November 02, 2017, 09:00:40 AM
With Drew being behind Dickinson in the latest rankings at #6 I think they are a huge bubble team if they don't win the Landmark. If they were sitting in front of Dickinson at #5 I would say they are on the right side of the bubble. I would be worried if I were a Drew fan but as long as they take care of business in the championship they have nothing to worry about.
Even if they lose, 17-1-1 and 3-1 RvR would be enough for me to put them in.  And I don't care if they're #6 or #16, I sure as heck wouldn't want to play them.

We can speculate all we want. At the end of the day it depends on how the AQ's take shape. How many teams will steal bids? Where will teams land in the mysterious final rankings? All of these factors come into play. I think the Mid-Atlantic has a good chance to get a lot of teams in. But it all depends on the AQ's from other conferences.

Right now both Messiah and Lycoming are in and 1 of them is getting the AQ with the other getting a Pool C nod. Good news for other at-large contenders that 1 of these teams is getting the AQ. That saves a bid for everyone else. So now we are down to 18 at-large bids. If you are a bubble team you would hope that Hopkins or Gettysburg wins the AQ or worst case Dickinson. If F&M manages to win the AQ they are stealing a bid which means trouble. So let's say Hopkins win the AQ. They come off the board and now we have Gettysburg more than likely also getting an at-large. Vice versa if Gettysburg wins then Hopkins would get the at-large. Regardless that leaves us with Dickinson (If they would stay in the 5 spot). Will they come off the board? If they don't then Drew is done. If Drew jumps them in the final rankings then they have a shot. But if Dickinson never comes off the board then Drew will never have a chance to even be considered for an at-large berth. With that said I think Drew and Dickinson will both get in one way or another and I think Haverford will even have a chance to get in from the 7 slot! That's how good this region is this year. Once the AQ's are finished on Sunday everyone will have a better idea of who will go where.

Ejay

Quote from: Shooter McGavin on November 02, 2017, 11:17:14 AM

We can speculate all we want. At the end of the day it depends on how the AQ's take shape. How many teams will steal bids? Where will teams land in the mysterious final rankings? All of these factors come into play. I think the Mid-Atlantic has a good chance to get a lot of teams in. But it all depends on the AQ's from other conferences.

Right now both Messiah and Lycoming are in and 1 of them is getting the AQ with the other getting a Pool C nod. Good news for other at-large contenders that 1 of these teams is getting the AQ. That saves a bid for everyone else. So now we are down to 18 at-large bids. If you are a bubble team you would hope that Hopkins or Gettysburg wins the AQ or worst case Dickinson. If F&M manages to win the AQ they are stealing a bid which means trouble. So let's say Hopkins win the AQ. They come off the board and now we have Gettysburg more than likely also getting an at-large. Vice versa if Gettysburg wins then Hopkins would get the at-large. Regardless that leaves us with Dickinson (If they would stay in the 5 spot). Will they come off the board? If they don't then Drew is done. If Drew jumps them in the final rankings then they have a shot. But if Dickinson never comes off the board then Drew will never have a chance to even be considered for an at-large berth. With that said I think Drew and Dickinson will both get in one way or another and I think Haverford will even have a chance to get in from the 7 slot! That's how good this region is this year. Once the AQ's are finished on Sunday everyone will have a better idea of who will go where.

Stop being the voice of reason and confusing me with facts!

Shooter McGavin

Quote from: EB2319 on November 02, 2017, 11:55:13 AM
Quote from: Shooter McGavin on November 02, 2017, 11:17:14 AM

Stop being the voice of reason and confusing me with facts!

I would not want to face Drew any day of the week

franklyspeaking

Good luck to Drew as they begin the NCAA's.