Shenandoah, TX 2018-19 NCAA d3fb championships

Started by Ron Boerger, October 13, 2017, 09:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crufootball

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 04, 2018, 08:41:59 PM
I would have preferred the Dallas Cowboy indoor 12,000 seat practice stadium that is used for Frisco TX Independent School District games for the Stagg...

https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/ford-center

Love this idea, while I agree with the notion that football is meant to be played outdoors I never like it when weather affects a game. The outcome shouldn't be determined by which team survived the elements better.

Also, as with Canton, this facility has the ability for the players to truly feel special.

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

zipmac22

I noticed from a YouTube video on a fly over that the home side had what looked like reserved seats with all other seating being "bleacher" style. But, I couldn't tell if the visitor side has the same set up. Does anyone know?
D3 National Champions:  2016, 2018, 2021

ADL70

HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

TexasBB

Allen HS is where Kyler Murray, the Heisman Trophy winner played and led Allen to a Texas large school State Title. That HS has over 4,700 students in grades 9-12.

Ralph Turner

I changed jobs this year, so I won't be able to make the Stagg, this year.

I will put the date on my calendar for 2019.

Y'all have fun.

ADL70

I just tried to buy a "home" ticket and got the reply no tickets.  Looks like Texans are representing.

I haven't seen anything on the site about d3football "tailgate." Perhaps something in the morning - pregame podcast?
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

Ralph Turner

(509)Rat

Quote from: TexasBB on December 10, 2018, 01:42:34 PM
Just a typical HS stadium in Texas. There are several stadiums in the Dallas Area that are much more impressive. Southlake Carroll, Allen HS.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjyodOQ9ZXfAhUMC6wKHeOqAnAQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdfw.cbslocal.com%2Ftag%2Feagle-stadium%2F&psig=AOvVaw22hM82UED4Gvau9uS2Xct4&ust=1544553675161436

Mckinney ISDs new stadium would take the #2 spot from Southlake pretty easily. But IMO you have 3 outdoor stadiums and The Star that would all be better venues than Shenandoah.

The biggest problem with The Star would be high school playoffs. Semis typically start moving to AT&T stadium but there are still games at the Cowboys indoor facility tonight.

AO

Ralph Turner

6,816 is the most since the 7,992 in Salem VA when Bridgewater VA made its run to the Stagg in 2001.

I would think that the venue in Canton is worth at least 1,000 fans as curiosity seekers go to Canton in 2020.

Mount Union fans might push that another 5,000.

Otherwise, we have seen attendance in Salem as low as

3,240 in 2004 for Linfield and UMHB, the first Stagg appearance for both teams
3,468 in 2008 for UMU and UWW
3,784 in 2011 for UMU and UWW
3,476 in 2016 for UMHB and UWO (and this was the first time for UWO and the first time for UMHB since 2004)

If fans have to travel across the country for the game, then the attendance is not good, no matter where it will be held.

The weather with the wind and temperatures in the high 40's was not dreadful football weather. I am sure that the linemen loved it.

HScoach

Canton has the advantage of being a reasonable driving distance to a large portion of D3.  Teams like MHB and Linfield would likely be a plane flight regardless of whether the Stagg was in Salem VA or Canton OH, but the Canton location could be a real boost to attendance if someone like UWW makes the Stagg.  Canton is half the distance from UWW that Salem is.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: HScoach on December 15, 2018, 12:10:18 PM
Canton has the advantage of being a reasonable driving distance to a large portion of D3.  Teams like MHB and Linfield would likely be a plane flight regardless of whether the Stagg was in Salem VA or Canton OH, but the Canton location could be a real boost to attendance if someone like UWW makes the Stagg.  Canton is half the distance from UWW that Salem is.
UWW has never played anyone else but UMU in the Stagg.  I think that we will have to wait to see the attendance numbers for a Stagg at the NFL HOF venue, regardless of the teams.  Those 9 games have had an attendance range of 3,468 in 2011 to 6,051 in 2006.

crufootball

The Houston Chronicle wrote a follow up story to the game from the prospective of the city of Shenandoah and how pleased they were with the event and it can be found at https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/woodlands/news/article/First-year-of-hosting-the-Stagg-Bowl-is-a-big-win-13653795.php.

Also if anyone wants to watch more of their city council meetings they did a review there as well that can be watched at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_1PlUO6bvg&t=1346s. The Stagg Bowl portion starts at minute 13 and last until minute 37.