Eastern Collegiate Football Conference

Started by ccd494, August 24, 2009, 09:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UfanBill

Congratulations Husson. With Plymouth and WNE being crushed and your win over Springfield... should Husson lay claim to being the beast of New England?
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

HSCTiger74

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on November 18, 2017, 05:02:27 PM
I thought that my MAC Board was quiet. The top post on this page is dated August 31, 2017. Yikes!!!

You should check out the UMAC board over in the West region. Double yikes!
TANSTAAFL

MASCACAlum

Husson with a great W. Unfortunately I think the W puts the ECFC ahead of the Mascac on the National stage. Hoping for a massive upset this week to keep New England on the map

UfanBill

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on November 19, 2017, 12:28:27 AM
Quote from: jmcozenlaw on November 18, 2017, 05:02:27 PM
I thought that my MAC Board was quiet. The top post on this page is dated August 31, 2017. Yikes!!!

You should check out the UMAC board over in the West region. Double yikes!

Yes, +k to the one guy, who has posted on the UMAC board all season!
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

NED3Guy

Quote from: MASCACAlum on November 19, 2017, 09:23:56 PM
Husson with a great W. Unfortunately I think the W puts the ECFC ahead of the Mascac on the National stage. Hoping for a massive upset this week to keep New England on the map

Husson's win does nothing to boost the profile of the rest of the ECFC. Husson dismantled most ALL of their ECFC opponents this year, with multiple shutouts (49-0, 63-0). They allowed over 17 points just once in conference play (21 to Gallaudet) and were held below 40 just once (35 to SUNY).

Had anybody in the league even shown that they could hang with Husson, the "Husson NCAA win is good for the league" narrative would carry some weight. For now it's just a sign that Husson has a strangle hold on the ECFC and every program in the league is just holding on until 2019 gets here and Husson is in the Commonwealth.

Machiavelli

Replace Husson in the ECFC with Utica, WPI, St. Lawrence, Curry, etc and they likely go undefeated. Not comparing those teams to Husson, but comparing to Husson's opponents. Not sure how anyone's thought of this conference would change with Husson winning a playoff game.

ccd494

Very exciting weekend for Husson.  Hopefully next week doesn't get too grim.

I don't know what if anything Husson's win says about the league, except that there is a path forward if any school wants to commit to it.  During the interregnum between Gabby Price's coaching stints, Husson was at the very bottom of the ECFC.  When Husson goes, someone will step up.  Hopefully more than one school.  Nature abhors a vacuum. 

NED3Guy

Somebody will step up in Husson's absence... My gut says Dean, but nobody else in the league will ever play a first round game against another New England school.

d3fan142511

SUNY Maritime will be the best team in the Conference once Husson leaves....They overall have been very good in the league.....Mount Ida had some good years (1 Championship and 4 2nd place finishes)

Dean i agree could be a wild card and start to surprise some teams in next couple years.

Boxer7806

and Mount Ida lost by 60 something to Wesley and Suny lost by 60 something to Alfred. Husson leaving just means this conference is inexplicably bad.

Mr. Ypsi

Rooting for Husson tomorrow, but just checked their website.  JEEZ, from a fan perspective that may be the worst stadium I have ever seen.  Don't know the NESW perspectives, but from the camera angle there is NO one watching the entire right half of the field!  Action at that end would be a total mystery to EVERYONE!  What moron designed the seating arrangements for the field? :o

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ccd494

The stadium wasn't designed for football.  It's a baseball field that was built before Husson started its football program.  They extended the bleachers a bit to the other side's 45 from where they would normally end around the 35.  They could probably be feasibly extended further but there isn't really enough need for that number of seats.   

Any bleachers on the other side would be in the shallow outfield.  There is a turf soccer/lacrosse field just above the football/baseball field, but there is no space for bleachers.  The school owns a fair amount of wooded land adjacent to campus, but unless someone writes a huge check the stands are what they are.  There was also a pretty big argument with the neighbors when the field was built, not wanting to go through that again may be part of it too.

Teamski

When Wesley traveled to Husson back in 2011, I had to set my team wide camera up at the very end of those stands to get anywhere close to the 50 yard line.  I was still a yard to two short.  I also had to tie together two 100 foot extension cords to reach an outlet!  It was a surprise to say the least to see that kind of layout.  Now that Husson's program is on track, I think a couple more stands are in order.  Don't you?

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

ccd494

I'd be surprised.  Having enough seats isn't an issue.  There's a bit of a hill there, so it would be more than just grafting on more stands, there'd have to be earth moving.

I think until some Husson grad hits it big the stadium is what it is.  We're spoiled at a lot of small college games that everyone gets to sit at the 50.  Plenty of football games are played around the world with people sitting closer to one goal line or even behind it.  It just looks odd if those are ALL the seats.