FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Thompson

Quote from: (509)Rat on October 21, 2018, 01:13:37 AM
I'd say this offense for the last two years has looked worse than the 2008 version. And I would be saying the same thing about Cole Franklin so...

(509)Rat,
Congratulations on moving up in the rankings.    Well deserved; your team just keeps getting better.   Our defense looks stellar, but that is not enough against the really good teams, like your Pirates.

Linfield will come back, though.

George
GO CATS! GO!

D O.C.

Looking like a trip to Abilene after the SCIAC hors d'oeuvres.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: D O.C. on October 21, 2018, 06:39:54 PM
Looking like a trip to Abilene after the SCIAC hors d'oeuvres.
If they're lucky....have you been paying attention the last two years?
Go Cats!

(509)Rat

If the NWC gets a SCIAC team I would assume it is because the committee decided to make UMHB and HSU play in the first round. Which means a second round trip to Belton (most likely).

As long as HSU remains a strong pool c candidate, I don't see why the SCIAC champ won't get shipped to Belton and HSU to the Northwest. MCat is right in that it happened the last two years.

wildcat11

Quote from: (509)Rat on October 21, 2018, 09:18:31 PM
If the NWC gets a SCIAC team I would assume it is because the committee decided to make UMHB and HSU play in the first round. Which means a second round trip to Belton (most likely).

As long as HSU remains a strong pool c candidate, I don't see why the SCIAC champ won't get shipped to Belton and HSU to the Northwest. MCat is right in that it happened the last two years.

I don't see the ASC/SCIAC/NWC playoff pairings going away either.

D O.C.

I'll stand corrected that the d3#8 ranked team won't make the committee play-offs.
How about #7?

jamtod

Quote from: D O.C. on October 21, 2018, 10:42:58 PM
I'll stand corrected that the d3#8 ranked team won't make the committee play-offs.
How about #7?

They both will if they win out. Are you suggesting otherwise?

MonroviaCat

Quote from: jamtoTommie on October 21, 2018, 10:49:21 PM
Quote from: D O.C. on October 21, 2018, 10:42:58 PM
How about #7?

They both will if they win out. Are you suggesting otherwise?
and #9 and #10 as well
Go Cats!

(509)Rat

This place gets boring when Linfield is all but eliminated from the playoffs

I think Whitworth is ranked just about right at the moment. Probably somewhere around the 15th best team in the country just based on how they've looked against the NWC and historical strength of the conference (ie Linfield). I'm sure they'll move up if teams ahead of them lose, but it won't be because the Pirates did anything. Pacific is the best opponent left on their schedule which isn't saying much. It's really gonna take a trip to the playoffs and a matchup with someone like HSU, or maybe a St. John's (round 2) or St. Thomas to determine how good the Pirates really are on a national level IMO. I don't think getting run over by the Cru would tell us much...

D O.C.

No, jam, just thinking both those programs with 1 loss might not get in.

bluenote

GFU used a platoon rotation on their QB play (2 qbs)....I don't think that's very effective. But I'm not sure why Linfield didn't put Clark Hazlett in for a few series in the 3rd or 4th quarter. Maybe he's injured, I have no idea. Maybe GT knows???

gren

It's gotta be weird searching/recruiting people to replace your kid. And if they aren't, have fun losing to Whitworth 3 years in a row.

Rat good luck to Whitworth the rest of the year. As for losing to Whitworth 2 more times before Wyatt graduates, not gonna happen.

(509)Rat

Quote from: gren on October 22, 2018, 02:02:32 PMAs for losing to Whitworth 2 more times before Wyatt graduates, not gonna happen.

Did WC11 spill the beans on another stud QB transfer in the works. If not then...

D O.C.

This year don't forget Aiden Wilder is on the roster.
He has qb the experience.

bluenote

I'd be very surprised if we loose to Whitworth next year. I mean it was 14-19 in the Pine Bowl, not like any blowout occurred. If you look at our roster.... we're a very young team. I actually think if we played Whitworth again in the playoffs (which I know there is about zero chance of) we'd have a good shot at winning the game.