Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicman

Hey Pep,

Congratulations on winning the Empire 8 regular season and Conference Championship.  Good luck in the NCAA tournament. Happy for you. 8-)

AUPepBand

Quote from: magicman on February 23, 2019, 06:09:14 PM
Hey Pep,

Congratulations on winning the Empire 8 regular season and Conference Championship.  Good luck in the NCAA tournament. Happy for you. 8-)

Thanks, magicman....perhaps we'll meet in the NCAAs if the Cardinals get an at-large. The snowball is melting in Mayberry. The sap is running. How sweet it is!

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

thebear

I think with how cheap the NCAA is for first and second round that the Saxons will wind up at either U of R or Oswego, as that's a short bus ride, and a fast trip home on Saturday night, of course they could wind up in some place like Scranton, which isn't any farther than Oswego...
"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: thebear on February 23, 2019, 06:28:52 PM
I think with how cheap the NCAA is for first and second round that the Saxons will wind up at either U of R or Oswego, as that's a short bus ride, and a fast trip home on Saturday night, of course they could wind up in some place like Scranton, which isn't any farther than Oswego...

The committee tries to get four regions to each site, which is much easier to do in the eastern part of the country.  I could see them at Swarthmore or even Randolph-Macon, Christopher Newport or somewhere in Ohio.  500 miles is a pretty wide radius and Alfred is well positioned.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on February 23, 2019, 06:16:57 PM
Quote from: magicman on February 23, 2019, 06:09:14 PM
Hey Pep,

Thanks, magicman....perhaps we'll meet in the NCAAs if the Cardinals get an at-large. The snowball is melting in Mayberry. The sap is running. How sweet it is!

Congrats to Pep and his Saxon Warriors! Good luck in the NCAAs!

On Saxon Warriors!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

This is it! The regular season is over. The conference titles have been handed out and 86 teams know they will be playing next week in the NCAA Division III men's and women's Championship Tournaments!

However, 42 slots need to be filled. Which programs have best positioned themselves to selected to play for a national title?

It is the biggest show of the year. Bubble teams watch anxiously. Rivals watch wondering if their rivals will make the event. Others watch because ... this is one of the best nights of the entire season.

Tune in a special episode of Hoopsville where we will make our mock selections of who will be in and who will be left out of the DIII national tournaments. Our teams of experts will make the picks using the same criteria the national committees consider.

Plus, hear, one last time before the brackets are announced, from the national committee chairs who discuss how this year's rankings and process have worked out. And hear from some teams who have already punched their tickets to the tournaments - many for the first time in program history!

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Sunday's special will hit the air at 6:00 p.m. ET right here: http://bit.ly/2XuWjWa (or via Facebook Live or Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- John Alesi, Baruch men's coach
- Sam Atkinson, Men's National Committee Chair (Gallaudet Associate Director for Communications)
- Russ Phillips, Alfred men's coach
- Bill Curley, Emerson men's coach
- Karin Harvey, Women's National Committee Chair (Montclair State women's coach)
- Rayne Reber, Rosemont women's coach
- Lyle Jones, Bethany Lutheran women's coach

Men's Mock Selections Team:
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com
- Bob Quillman, IWUHoops.com
- Michael Blaine, Medaille men's coach

Women's Mock Selections Team:
- Gordon Mann, D3hoops.com
- BJ Spigelmyer, DeSales Sports Information Director
- James Wagner, CSAC Assistant Commissioner

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

With Age Comes Wisdom?

Been a real long time since one my of posts has been on this board but just have to give a "shout out" to AU Pep... always a class act who has his team in the dance!  Congratulations!!  Perhaps an Oswego, Rochester, Alfred , Scranton pod??

AUPepBand

Quote from: With Age Comes Wisdom? on February 24, 2019, 07:31:17 PM
Been a real long time since one my of posts has been on this board but just have to give a "shout out" to AU Pep... always a class act who has his team in the dance!  Congratulations!!  Perhaps an Oswego, Rochester, Alfred , Scranton pod??

Thanks, With Age! Will just wait and see. No matter where the Saxons go, the fans will follow.

So excited for these kids...hard workers every one of them...see them in the library when they're not in the gym. After AU graduated its two bigs last year, Pep asked Coach Phillips if he was getting some big boys to replace them. Boy, did he! The freshmen Twin Towers have been a pleasant surprise and a couple "big" reasons the Saxons are where they are, thanks to the leadership and hunger of our four seniors.

On Saxon Warriors!

AUPepBand

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 20, 2019, 11:13:27 PM
Alfred actually has a snowball's chance in hell of being ranked. The at-large chances are ... none.

Hmmmmm....

Final Regional Rankings
   East              
1    Oswego State    22-5    22-5    3
2    Rochester    20-5    20-5    1
3    Plattsburgh State    20-6    20-6    2
     No at-large bids below here.
4    Brockport    17-11    17-11    5
5    Alfred    21-4    23-4    --
6    Skidmore    19-6    19-7    4
7    St. John Fisher    18-9    18-9    --
8    Hobart    17-11    17-11    --

On Saxon Warriors!

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on February 27, 2019, 05:02:46 PM
Alfred actually has a snowball's chance in hell of being ranked. The at-large chances are ... none.

Hmmmmm....

Final Regional Rankings
   East              

On Saxon Warriors!
Pep....here's hoping the Saxon Warriors keep surprising the experts!
Glad to see Hobart creep into the rankings...good luck to Skidmore , they could surprise as well!
Go E8 and LL!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bartman on February 27, 2019, 05:19:52 PM
Quote from: AUPepBand on February 27, 2019, 05:02:46 PM

Hmmmmm....

Final Regional Rankings
   East              

On Saxon Warriors!
Pep....here's hoping the Saxon Warriors keep surprising the experts!
Glad to see Hobart creep into the rankings...good luck to Skidmore , they could surprise as well!
Go E8 and LL!

Uncharted waters for the Saxons...just hoping, unlike Wile E. Coyote, they can catch those Roadrunners. Then maybe they can cage the Falcons or ground the Captains, whichever survives. No expectations, really, just hoping AU can well represent the E8 and Upstate NY.

Remember some great games in the old Men's Gym against ICAC foes Hobart, Clarkson, SLU, Union, RIT, then in McLane Center in its infancy in the early 70s.

On Saxon Warriors!

AUPepBand

Bartman:

Does Hobart do the ECAC thing? In years past, the ECAC sent AU deep into the woods of Pennsylvania....didn't fare well for the Saxons.

ronk

No Hobart in the ECAC tourney which starts tonight.

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on February 27, 2019, 05:58:14 PM
Bartman:

Does Hobart do the ECAC thing? In years past, the ECAC sent AU deep into the woods of Pennsylvania....didn't fare well for the Saxons.
NCAA or bust
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bartman on February 28, 2019, 10:07:54 AM
Quote from: AUPepBand on February 27, 2019, 05:58:14 PM
Bartman:

NCAA or bust

Pep hasn't been a real fan of the ECAC thing....not enough Upstate NY teams participate to make it worthwhile. Trips to Pennsylvania have been less than dandy. But hoping a trip to Virginia will be fruitful!

On Saxon Warriors!