2019 NCAA Tournament

Started by Greek Tragedy, October 06, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

By the way, Francis finished with a dozen rebounds as well.

Hats off to Marietta, who played a really solid game and almost walked away with the win. Pios coach Jon VanderWal had a really good game plan against Wheaton.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

FCGrizzliesGrad

Oshkosh holds on 82-79

Interestingly, 3 of the 4 Final Four teams are located in the same location in their respective brackets (top of the bottom half of the quadrant) with Wheaton preventing a sweep as Marietta was also in that slot.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Caz Bombers

Oshkosh survives a turnover and two last second shots to beat Guilford 72-69. Congrats Titans.

Gregory Sager

UW-Oshkosh survives a nail-biter against Guilford to prevail, 82-79. The Quakers had three tries at a game-tying trey in the final seconds, but couldn't get any of them to go down.

Congrats to UWO. And a nice tip of the cap to the Quakers, who gave the home-court Titans all that they could handle tonight.

To my mind, UWO is the favorite in Fort Wayne.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

CNU and Swat have only ever met once before - in the tournament a few years ago. CNU beat Swat in Swarthmore's gym.  Wheaton beat Oshkosh earlier this year.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Gregory Sager

Aston Francis has scored 180 points in this season's tournament, setting a new D3 tournament record for most points scored in a tourney. The previous record was set by Michael Nogelo of Williams in 1998. It took Nogelo six games to set that record. Francis broke it in four.

Gregory Sager

It was a great night of basketball. Three of the four games went right down to the wire.

sac

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 09, 2019, 10:14:35 PM
Aston Francis has scored 180 points in this season's tournament, setting a new D3 tournament record for most points scored in a tourney. The previous record was set by Michael Nogelo of Williams in 1998. It took Nogelo six games to set that record. Francis broke it in four.

I was at the consolation game in 98, if I remember correctly Nogelo had a 30+ night against Wilkes.

It was, however, 21 years ago. :-\

Gregory Sager

Your memory's pretty good. Nogelo scored 38 against the Colonels in the consolation game.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I witnessed Ben Strong score 59 points against Lincoln as I called the game. It is one of the highlights of my broadcasting career.

I am not sure if I am happy for ... or pissed at Aston right now. LOL

Edit: Side note ... Strong also had a lot of other options around him like Jordan Snipes who can hit a 35-foot screamer at the horn to force overtime. LOL

Not saying Wheaton doesn't have options, but Guilford that year seemed to have better options. Then again, who needs options when Francis can hit nearly from 40-feet (when the shot clock is running low). Insane.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

sac

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 09, 2019, 10:52:28 PM
Your memory's pretty good. Nogelo scored 38 against the Colonels in the consolation game.

One of those guys that sticks in your mind, even if the details fade a little.  He was really good.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: sac on March 09, 2019, 11:23:28 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 09, 2019, 10:52:28 PM

One of those guys that sticks in your mind, even if the details fade a little.  He was really good.

He was nuts that year and especially in that game.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AllStar

GoPerry

Titan Q

The final 0:37 of Wheaton vs Marietta...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkgorHabzTI