PENN STATE BEHREND
4 (30.8%)
PITT-BRADFORD
1 (7.7%)
PITT-GREENSBURG
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

hank stein

Interesting. Any other teams looking to move to D2. I did not hear much about Storms out of state recruiting, except they were expected to have a good recruiting year for in-state players. I know Behrend stayed mostly local for recruiting and from Frostburg's release, they are bringing in a lot of out of state recruits.

I just could not see Storm hiring a Frostburg coach.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: LECBASEBALL15 on July 31, 2007, 02:56:26 PM
The job is looking to be full-time so that the Storm can put a a good resume up for the D2 commitee.  I'm pretty confident when I say that the Storm players would have a hard time warming up to a Frostburg guy!!!  The Storm has a nice class coming in with some big names out of the local high schools...The Storm won't be a push over team in their last year in the AMCC....That's a fact!
Did the New York Yankees have a hard time warming up that Ruth fellow?

FSU Bobcats

Quote from: hank stein on July 31, 2007, 09:10:47 PM
Interesting. Any other teams looking to move to D2. I did not hear much about Storms out of state recruiting, except they were expected to have a good recruiting year for in-state players. I know Behrend stayed mostly local for recruiting and from Frostburg's release, they are bringing in a lot of out of state recruits.

I just could not see Storm hiring a Frostburg coach.

Uh OK.  Frostburg is in a geographic situation that allows them to recruit from Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and even parts of West Virginia and as far as away as New York and New Jersey.

hank stein

You guts must have done one heck of a recruiting job getting a kid from Georgia to come to FSU. We have never been able to get kids from the southeast (maybe it's the weather).

triplesforme

The previous coaches at fsu-mcknight and trufant did a great job at recruiting.

hank stein

FSU Bobcats

Quote from: hank stein on August 02, 2007, 08:07:19 AM
You guts must have done one heck of a recruiting job getting a kid from Georgia to come to FSU. We have never been able to get kids from the southeast (maybe it's the weather).

It's not the weather at FSU, I can tell you that much.  We have some wicked nasty winters up there.  But the field is first rate, especially now that the soccer teams can play in the football stadium and don't tear up the outfield by using it for their matches.  Plus we have a nice weight room and some decent majors for athletes.  Not coast majors, but our education department is top notch and the sports medicine program is getting better. 

hank stein

During FSU's coaching transition, will FSU continue its fall game schedule. Its sometimes difficult, but we have in the past during our transition period. From all indication, a few conference teams are looking to increase their fall exhibition game schedule.

triplesforme

I think you can only play one game in the fall-from sources inside the athletic department say that the baseball program is cutting games- No games before spring break and cutting the budget no extra stuff. The program is on the fast track to nowhere.

hank stein

Not good. Not good. Not good. Good luck hiring a coach and good luck keeping players and McKnights recruits.

triplesforme

From what sources tell us in the Frostburg State U ath. dept- three possible replacements have been named and are meeting next week on campus with the search committee. A former coach who was fired once before is rumored to be one of the possible replacements-for the head coaching position

hank stein

Sources tell me that they should "really" hire a coach with good credentials, who is ready to build on what they have in order to immediately compete for a D3 championship, otherwise the top 5-7 recruits this year are gone after one year, and recruiting for the next few years will be a mess.

Just by looking at the available talent there already and the recruiting class, a coach with a serious off season program has the ability to compete at the national level, immediately.

I still think that FSU had one of the best recruiting years they ever had in the AMCC, which is potentially bad for the rest of us.

hank stein

Frostburg hired a coach by the name of Guy Robertson. Anyone know anything about him.

jhcrb

He was the Head coach at coppin state and worked for the baseball factory.
He was 64-131 at Coppin state. story about the coach on examiner.com regarding the way he left. Coppin State: A baseball year lost.
FSU should still do well with the returning players and recruiting class. Any success they have will be due to the players and former coaching staff.

hank stein

Not a flattering story, but it sounds like he was in an "bad" situation at Coppin State. But, everyone desires a second chance.