MBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Sul Ross Lobos, February 26, 2005, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Congrats HSU. Great game. Fabulous stats.

HSU 109 LaGrange 103.

HSU vs Emory tomorrow.

Ralph Turner

Just curious.

When was the last time 212 points were scored in a Playoff game?

When was the last time that 2 teams hit 100 in regulation in a playoff game?

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 04, 2017, 12:52:59 AM
Just curious.

When was the last time 212 points were scored in a Playoff game?

When was the last time that 2 teams hit 100 in regulation in a playoff game?

Probably not the last time, but IWU beat Grinnell 132-91 in 2001 (223 combined points).

In 2012, IWU beat Hope 108-101 in double OT, but well under 100 in regulation.

Ralph Turner

HSU 95; Emory 85!

Nice win Cowboys!  Beating a UAA squad, one of the Big Boys!

mcmfan

HSU is in the sweet 16, but there sure don't seem to be many HSU fans on this board.  It looks like the real challenge comes next, against the #1 ranked D3 team in the country, Whitworth.  What does HSU have to do to beat these guys?
Alacumba!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: mcmfan on March 05, 2017, 03:45:01 PM
HSU is in the sweet 16, but there sure don't seem to be many HSU fans on this board.  It looks like the real challenge comes next, against the #1 ranked D3 team in the country, Whitworth.  What does HSU have to do to beat these guys?

Whitman, but close enough.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 05, 2017, 04:17:49 PM

The damn Whits... I screw them up at least once a week. LOL

Doesn't help we have normally talked about Whitworth all the time and Whitman has stormed into the conversation in the past 15 months.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Smitty Oom

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 05, 2017, 08:33:35 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 05, 2017, 04:17:49 PM

The damn Whits... I screw them up at least once a week. LOL

Doesn't help we have normally talked about Whitworth all the time and Whitman has stormed into the conversation in the past 15 months.

I always confuse them too, should just be Worth and Man I don't think I would screw them up as easily!

I haven't watched a ton of HSU play (mainly just D3 hoops invitational for a bit and this weekend), but I think they will have a decisive size advantage and will really help on the boards. Whitman likes high possession games, which I also get the feel from this HSU team. Could be one of the more interesting games of the Sweet Sixteen! 

mcmfan

You're right, Whitman.  Whitworth came to Texas several years ago for a post-season sectional in Belton, and ended up victorious.  I notice both Whitman and HSU hosted last week, so they had the audience on their side.  This game will be in neutral territory, which will make it more interesting.
Alacumba!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Smitty Oom on March 05, 2017, 10:37:35 PM

I haven't watched a ton of HSU play (mainly just D3 hoops invitational for a bit and this weekend), but I think they will have a decisive size advantage and will really help on the boards. Whitman likes high possession games, which I also get the feel from this HSU team. Could be one of the more interesting games of the Sweet Sixteen!

I've liked HSU all season, though their early start was rough. They weren't healthy and running as a full team until just after Christmas at the D3hops.com Classic where I got to see them. They are a very good and under appreciated team. Nathaniel Jack is incredible. He can do it all! Add in Ford inside and a number of other players ... and they are very good.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

gordonmann

Speaking of the Cowboys, here's a nice feature on Coach Carse by Brian Lester.

http://www.d3hoops.com/playoffs/men/2017/carse-fitting-finale

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Division III NCAA tournaments have already seen their fair share of twists and turns. Both defending champions eliminated on the opening night, several home teams beaten, off-the-radar squads tearing Top 10 teams apart, and much more.

It has been an exciting start. What's next?

Can the home teams parlay a perceived advantage into a Championship Weekend appearence? What Cinderalla team will hear the chimes of midnight? What program will continue to make history? How will the battle of Top 25 teams shake out? And will a storied career end this weekend or in Salem?

There is plenty to talk about ahead of the Sectional Weekend and Dave McHugh has a super-sized list of guests on Thursday night's Hoopsville.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE staring at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/mar9 --- or via the Facebook Live simulcast. If you missed any part of the show, you can watch it On Demand or listen to the podcast.

Despite the large list of guests, Dave will find time to answer questions as well. Make sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or tweet them and Dave will answer them on air.

Guests scheduled (in order of appearance):
- Brian Morehouse, No. 18 Hope women's coach
- Trevor Woodruff, No. 17 Scranton women's coach
- Craig Carse, Hardin-Simmons men's coach
- Ruth Sinn, No. 2 St. Thomas women's coach
- Michelle Ferenz, No. 16 Whitman women's coach
- Kevin App, Williams men's coach
- Grey Giovanine, Augustana men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

mcmfan

Coach Carse has announced his retirement at HSU.  What happens next?  This year was about the seniors; what are the other players like?  And are there plans for a transition to a new coach, or will they do a search?
Alacumba!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: mcmfan on March 12, 2017, 02:39:34 PM
Coach Carse has announced his retirement at HSU.  What happens next?  This year was about the seniors; what are the other players like?  And are there plans for a transition to a new coach, or will they do a search?

He was actually going to retire last year, but the seniors DROVE up to Montana to talk him into coming back for a year.

I believe they are doing a national search, but I can't remember where I heard that from. This team loses a LOT of players off this team. I think it will be rebuild time at HSC starting next year.

mcmfan

Alacumba!