BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasDad

Congrats to DePauw on winning the NCAC automatic bid to the Show. They earned the trip to the NCAA as a result of an outstanding weekend of baseball. The bats truly came alive. Carry the NCAC flag, keep swinging the bats and make a long run in the tournament. To the rest of the Conference, good luck with summer ball and let the off-season conditioning begin.  ;D

A shoutout to Denison's two seniors, Connor Murphy and Andrew Touhy for a classy senior season. It was a pleasure to watch and their contributions will be difficult to replace next year.

mideastfan2

CONGRATS DePauw!!!!

They take down #1 seed Webster 2-1 in the opening game of their regional.  I love seeing our Mideast teams get shipped around and do well.

Bishopleftiesdad

That is great.  ;D Glad to see a Mideast team do well. Even more happy that it is an NCAC team. And as a six seed.

Bishopleftiesdad

Depauw srill undefeared. They take on St. Thomas next.

Bishopleftiesdad

Congrats to JArrod Mancine of Wooster for making First team, Ryan Mulligan from Denison, Jake Dunn of Kenyon, and JT Miller of Wabash for Making second team, and Frank Vance of Wooster for making third team All Region:

http://www.d3baseball.com/awards/all-region/2014/mideast

Always happy to see NCAC players make these lists.

TexasDad

Bishopleftiesdad -- Hope the summer is going well for you and your son.

Any idea when and where they will release the Spring NCAC schedule?

Bishopleftiesdad

Thanks Texas dad. His season is going well. He is pitching in the Valley league, and was named an All-Star after one pitcher was injured. The only probelm is his stats are incorrect. He was charged with losses that he shouldn't have had. He has gone in relief several times and the team was already losing, gives up no runs and gets the loss.

I hope your son is doing well. I hope he is having a good experience.

The NCAC schedule will not be released until the fall. But the conference portion is pretty easy to depict. Every two years they rotate the order. The last two years we started with Depauw. First year away then next year home. Next spring they will rotate to the back of our schedule and everybody will move up. So our first Game will probably be a home series against your guys. Then Witt, Wabash and finishing at Depauw. I believe the bye week rotates as well. OWU's Bye week will move from week one to week 4.

Different schools release their schedule on their own time line. Last year OWU did not release their until almost the start of the season. if i remember correctly Denison was pretty late with theirs as well.

When they post it, you can find it here.

TexasDad

I found the attached on the NCAC website, Who knows if it is still valid:

APPROVED (10/9/13)

2015 NCAC BASEBALL SCHEDULE

Saturday-Sunday, March 28-29
Hiram at Kenyon
Wooster at Allegheny
Wabash at Ohio Wesleyan
DePauw at Wittenberg

Friday-Saturday, April 3-4 (Easter weekend)#
Wooster at Kenyon
Oberlin at Hiram
Wittenberg at Wabash
Denison at DePauw

Saturday-Sunday, April 11-12
Kenyon at Oberlin
Allegheny at Hiram
Ohio Wesleyan at DePauw
Wittenberg at Denison

Saturday-Sunday, April 18-19
DePauw at Wabash
Denison at Ohio Wesleyan
Allegheny at Oberlin
Hiram at Wooster

Saturday-Sunday, 25-26
Kenyon at Allegheny
Oberlin at Wooster
Wabash at Denison
Ohio Wesleyan at Wittenberg

Saturday-Sunday, May 2-3 (Cross-Over weekend)
West 4 at East 1                      (all games 9-innings)
East 4 at West 1
West 3 at East 2
East 3 at West 2
West 5 at East 5

Thursday - Saturday, May 7-9
NCAC Tournament at Chillicothe, Ohio
VA Memorial Stadium
Top-four, double elimination format

# Games on Easter Weekend may be moved to
Sat/Sun by mutual consent

Bishopleftiesdad

Fall baseball starts soon. Anybody have any Idea on the size of the in-coming Freshman classes? I have an Idea on a few Players coming to OWU. I am really excited about a lefty pitcher from Walsh Jesuit.

TexasDad

I'm hearing the Denison has a large class coming in. Maybe between 14-18, from 13 different states. Hear the majority are pitchers with OF, C and other positional players thrown in. Will be interesting to watch. Love the competition that will create.  Also told that the entire coaching staff (including volunteers) returns; which is terrific for the program!

Dr. Acula

Continuity is great for the program as it grows.  They're going to be making some noise very soon in the Region.

TexasDad

Appears that I spoke to soon. (Not an uncommon trait my wife has told me.)

Was announced last night that Denison Assistant Coach Ryne Romick has accepted a position to be the new pitching coach for the University of Dayton.

Very happy for Ryne as he will excel with the Flyers. A loss for Denison. He is a very good coach and had a good relationship with his players. Big shoes to fill.

Bishopleftiesdad

I am sure Deegan will find the right guy. Their are probably quite a few guys that would like hook up with an up and coming program like Denison.

I know OWU is adding a new coach this year. I do not have any info yet, on what his position will be.

Dr. Acula

Any good, young pitching coach would be wise to try to latch on at Denison.  Deegan has been prominently involved first hand as a player and coach with a national championship level program.  You could learn so much working with him thanks to his experience. 

Bishopleftiesdad

Son is back on campus as an Orientation Leader. He is a Senior this year. I am hopefull for a good year for his final campaign.
Good luck to all the young men reporting to campus. I hope all have a great fall campaign.
For any freshman parents, enjoy this time and don't anguish over what have no control over. It ends far too quickly.