WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dballa

FINISHED IT!!!!

WAY TO GO LADY JACKETS!!!

inthepaint

WOW!  68-54, and as the announcer said, "HPU was never tested this season."  

My hat is off to Coach K and to the Lady Jackets!  Congratulations and thanks for showing the nation that they need to keep an eye on the ASC!

Keep stinging, Jackets!  

Rob Don

WOW WOW WOW

i'll tell ya, i remember when there weren't twenty fans coming to the women's bball games and everybody was busy watching Benny West play ball...but those days are long gone.

congrats to the Lady Jackets and congrats Coach K, you all deserve it!  maybe Coach K will FINALLY be optimistic about the team next time I talk to him!!!  

GO HPU!!!

sethhpu

Thanks to Pat Coleman for the support and picking HPU to win. Glad we could prove you right this time!
Defense wins championships

oldknight

Quote from: inthepaint on March 22, 2008, 08:00:29 PM

My hat is off to Coach K and to the Lady Jackets!  Congratulations and thanks for showing the nation that they need to keep an eye on the ASC!

Keep stinging, Jackets!  

Apparently the announcer missed last week's sectional final.

Congratulations to HPU on a spectacular season.

inthepaint

FYI - Last night on WFAA Dale Hansen included the HPU Lady Jackets in his "March Madness" story.  It was not long, but it was more D3 recognition than I have ever heard from any metroplex sports show.

inthepaint

Quote from: oldknight on March 22, 2008, 08:17:47 PM

Keep stinging, Jackets!  

He did mention that game as their greatest challenge of the year but that with home court advantage it was never really in question.  Not his words, but what I gleaned from his comments. 

Ralph Turner

Using HPU as a measuring stick, HPU is #1, Hope #2 and McMurry must be in the Top 5.

inthepaint

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 22, 2008, 08:21:44 PM
Using HPU as a measuring stick, HPU is #1, Hope #2 and McMurry must be in the Top 5.

I wish I could say the same about my HSU Cowgirls but, as the saying goes, maybe next year!

Whoo hooo, thanks again HPU.  What an amazing year to follow.  You girls obviously believed in yourselves and your coach! 

Enjoy everything that comes with such incredible success!  Coach K, well done, sir

Mr. Ypsi

So, Ralph, does this get a one-year exemption from HPU being called "Horrid Pain" - or is that just too deeply engrained in the McMurry DNA? ;D ::)

mcmfan

Probably not, and I'm sure the Coliseum will always be the Mausoleum, too!
Congratulations from a McMurry fan -- and that's to the whole town of Brownwood, which really impressed me with how they came out to back the team!
Alacumba!

oldknight

Quote from: inthepaint on March 22, 2008, 08:21:16 PM
Quote from: oldknight on March 22, 2008, 08:17:47 PM

Keep stinging, Jackets!  

He did mention that game as their greatest challenge of the year but that with home court advantage it was never really in question.  Not his words, but what I gleaned from his comments. 

??? When you're trailing by 4 with less than 4 minutes left, there's some question--even if you're playing at home.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on March 22, 2008, 08:26:49 PM

So, Ralph, does this get a one-year exemption from HPU being called "Horrid Pain" - or is that just too deeply engrained in the McMurry DNA? ;D ::)
Hey, McMurry plays Horrid Pain in baseball in 3 weeks! :)

Rob Don

Quote from: Rob Don on March 15, 2008, 11:18:18 PM

I tell ya what...if i know Coach K like i think i do (and i do ;D) he is going to be talking about rebounding all week long! ha ha ha 

ha ha i just heard Hope Hohertz on the radio and she said that Coach K was ticked about them getting out rebounded. lol

dsc

[quote author....as the announcer said, "HPU was never tested this season."  [/quote]

It certainly seems that way!!!

Congratulations, HPU...proud of you! :)
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.