WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronk

There's a tweet of the lady royals today with the players in 4 different group poses; somewhat tough to identify some with their numbers obscured and/or hair changes from their game styles; 1st practice only 3 weeks away.

Tim the Enchanter

Each picture represents a class:

Left are the four juniors - with Walsh and Quigley looking in much better shape than last year
Center are the five seniors (including Abby Anderson)
Top Right are the six sophomores
Bottom Right are the two freshmen

So all 14 are returning plus the 3 newcomers.  It will be interesting to see how Nick manages the rotation.

ronk

Tim, as a puzzle enthusiast, I'm disappointed that I couldn't figure that out.  ::)

saratoga

Ryan;
What's the scoop with Bobbi Morgan leaving Haverford for Ursinus?
Not that common for coaches leave one school only to be hired by another in the same conference.
The pay differential has to be less since it doesn't appear she has any administrative role beyond coaching.
Just looking for a new challenge or did she feel Haverford peaked in their commitment?

Tim the Enchanter

Anyone else see this tweet from Kaitlyn Lewis last week? 

https://twitter.com/kaitlewis3/status/1440755962487316480

I wonder what it's in reference to...

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Tim the Enchanter on September 29, 2021, 11:15:43 AM
Anyone else see this tweet from Kaitlyn Lewis last week? 

https://twitter.com/kaitlewis3/status/1440755962487316480

I wonder what it's in reference to...

Someone is pregnant or a new recruit :)
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

NEPAFAN

Ronk....

Saw this on the soccer boards and thought of you.

Paul have you read the Messiah Method, the book by a Messiah professor about the program. One of the big takeaways I had was how involved alumni are in the scouting and recruiting process. They essentially have a nationwide scouting network that encourages kids to attend camps and reach out to the coaches at Messiah. It then also leads to certain programs becoming feeder programs. The Robbins and at least two other players on those teams were all from the same Christian high school in Greensboro, NC.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Nepa,
  Support the practice; it's a major factor at places like Messiah whose attractions(religious culture, e.g.) are different(strength in certain academic programs, financial aid, public tuition, locale, etc.) from their competition. Having such alumni screeners broadens the available pool of attractive admissibles beyond the geographic area(Mid-Atlantic, e.g.) normally constraining D3 recruiting budgets(time/money/accessibility for evaluation).

saratoga

The Lady Royal roster is up for 2021-22.
No surprises...the 2 freshmen and Abby are the additions.
On paper, this is a pretty impressive group of kids.
Depth & experience at every position.
Stay healthy & knock them off one at a time.

ronk

Lady Royals not listed among the 8 finalists announced for Dunmore's Ciera Toomey(2023) college choice. She's considered #3 in the class nationally. Best wishes to Ciera as she contemplates that decision.

saratoga

Ronk:
I think you're going to need to pick up your recruiting game a little more.
No reason we should be losing out to the likes of UConn, Duke, Penn St., Iowa, Bucknell & BC. for Ciera's basketball/academic skills.
We need a new game plan.  ;)

ronk

The new game plan has already been activated; "they" will be so distracted by the Ciera sweepstakes that my grandniece(also a 2023 and the best player on her team) will go relatively unnoticed.  ::)

NEPAFAN

Quote from: saratoga on October 12, 2021, 06:40:16 PM

Ronk:
I think you're going to need to pick up your recruiting game a little more.
No reason we should be losing out to the likes of UConn, Duke, Penn St., Iowa, Bucknell & BC. for Ciera's basketball/academic skills.
We need a new game plan.  ;)

We'll keep the Long Center warm for her when she decides to transfer back home...
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Preseason poll out w Lady Royals seriously underestimated @ #12; will be playing #9 DeSales, #21 Baldwin-Wallace and ORV(Ithaca) in the nonconference schedule. I would have had them up with Messiah @ #4.

gordonmann

Certainly possible Scranton is underrated. This was a really hard ballot.