Jake Peterson, P/OF, Cal Luheran
Spencer DuBois, C, Cal Lutheran
JP Feyereisen, P, UW-Stevens Point
Casey Barnes, OF, UW-Stevens Point
Riley Spetz, SS, UW-Stevens Point
Chris Haddeland, P, Linfield
Aaron Thomassen, P, Linfield
Jake Wylie, C, Linfield
Nick Fisher, OF, Linfield (Most Outstanding Player)

Thanks, I appreciated it.  Do you have a link to the posting?

Westside

I didn't see it officially announced on the Regional Website, but I was at the game when they announced it. Anyway, LeTourneau looks to be the only team that listed everyone: http://www.letuathletics.com/news/2014/5/18/BB_0518144807.aspx
NWC Baseball

SoCalSoxFan

Quote from: Westside4 on May 19, 2014, 02:00:54 PM
I didn't see it officially announced on the Regional Website, but I was at the game when they announced it. Anyway, LeTourneau looks to be the only team that listed everyone: http://www.letuathletics.com/news/2014/5/18/BB_0518144807.aspx

Thanks Westside.

Linfield did a great job hosting the tournament.  Only thing missing was a Section where visitors could sample wines from all the local vineyards!!   That would've been great!

Strike1

I thought Linfields Carroll might be on that list and possibly the MVP!

Westside

Quote from: Strike1 on May 20, 2014, 07:03:39 PM
I thought Linfields Carroll might be on that list and possibly the MVP!

Yea it was pretty surprising, but I don't think you will see him complaining. Comparing his stats two the other two Linfield guys:

Fisher: .294, 2 2B, 2 HR, 3 R, 2 RBI
Wylie: .357 1 2B, 0 HR, 0 R, 0 RBI
Carroll: .357, 2 2B, 1 HR, 2 R, 2 RBI
NWC Baseball

CrashDavisD3

This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

Ron Boerger

Strange year.   Trinity first team out in West Regional, Linfield first team out at Nationals.   

purplecat

Think the cats were polishing that new trophy a little to soon! Never seen such a blah performance by the whole team.
Ironically, the only people still scared of this virus, are the vaccinated.

108 Stitches

I can think of about 368 other teams that would love to have their record over the past two years, especially coming off a year where they hosted and did not participate in the Regional held at their field.

Congratulations on a great run, while I am sure they are disappointed right now they will look back on their college baseball experience with pride. Job well done Linfield.

Whatagame

C'mon purplecat, do you really think Linfield came into the CWS over confident, blah and thinking they had it in the bag?  Anyone who's watched a lot of college baseball (or football, or any other sport) knows the effort is always there.  Its baseball, sometimes success and big-time losses are decided by a razor's edge.  Sometimes, despite all your preparations, effort and attitude a team just plays a clunker or two, which gets exacerbated by elite competition.  Great season and two-year run by Linfield, and I suspect they'll be right in the thick of it next season as well.

purplecat

My thoughts were I've never seen such a fundamentally sound pitching and fielding team look so bad in those two games, along with the amount of base runners left on base(game 2). Love the Cats, and they have been a top notch program for more than just the past two years. Just feel they did not play up to there potential in Appleton.
Ironically, the only people still scared of this virus, are the vaccinated.

Spence

Sometimes it just happens that a good team doesn't play well for two games at the wrong time. The real shocker was the best pitcher in the country two years running getting hit hard. Guess he was due for that considering he's not really a strikeout artist.

But if there's one team in the west and one coach that's proven he can build a nationally competitive program, it's Linfield and Brosius. I don't believe for a second that they were thinking they had it in the bag or polishing the trophy.

There have been a lot of great teams that didn't repeat. To actually do it, Marietta had to battle through the loser's bracket in regionals and in the series. There's a reason it hasn't happened very often -- it takes an absolutely special team, and then a little more.

NWBaseballFan10

Quote from: purplecat on May 24, 2014, 08:29:27 PM
Think the cats were polishing that new trophy a little to soon! Never seen such a blah performance by the whole team.

Spence is completely right. Baseball is a funny game sometimes. I expect the Cats to make another run next year, although it will certainly be difficult to replace their 2-5 hitters in the lineup and a starter and a couple key relievers on the mound. Already looking forward to seeing how it unfolds next year!

I'm curious if you are calling the team's postseason performance blah then I wonder how you would describe the Cats on the gridiron the past few years? Hopefully they can get over that quarterfinal hump that has been surrounding them. It would be nice to see both teams bring home the trophy next year.

108 Stitches

For those who did not make it to the UFO festival in McMinnville - these guys were one of the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxUvxz57oAs

CrashDavisD3

Quote from: 108 Stitches on June 01, 2014, 05:54:17 PM
For those who did not make it to the UFO festival in McMinnville - these guys were one of the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxUvxz57oAs

I saw these in person in 2009 & 2010. Parade was early and before the regional games. A real strange bunch of people. Area 51 crowd.
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html