FB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formerd3db

Quote from: MUC57 on November 22, 2019, 08:49:44 AM

formerd3db

Hey Doc

Good luck to your Flying Dutchmen tomorrow. Keep it going!  ;D

Thanks MUC!  I think it will be a tough game and hopefully we can pull it off. And good luck to your Raiders, although they won't need it likely! I hope you are doing better re: your eyes. Will talk to you again soon.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

formerd3db

Quote from: Ice Bear on November 22, 2019, 10:56:08 AM
Ice Bear says the orange Hope uni's are ****ing awesome! Those along with the anchor...some of the best uni's in D3! Best of luck on Saturday!

The uniforms do look good and they have also used some interesting variations for the games depending on the opponent and site (away vs. home.) However, not everyone likes the orange unis or the anchor, especially some of the traditionalists!🙂

Anyway, thanks for the shout out and  good luck wishes for tomorrow's game.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

DBQ1965

Quote from: formerd3db on November 22, 2019, 08:27:50 PM
Quote from: Ice Bear on November 22, 2019, 10:56:08 AM
Ice Bear says the orange Hope uni's are ****ing awesome! Those along with the anchor...some of the best uni's in D3! Best of luck on Saturday!

The uniforms do look good and they have also used some interesting variations for the games depending on the opponent and site (away vs. home.) However, not everyone likes the orange unis or the anchor, especially some of the traditionalists!🙂

Anyway, thanks for the shout out and  good luck wishes for tomorrow's game.

Between the Dutch and the Knights, it could look like an orange crush day today.
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

DBQ1965

formerd3db ... it was good to catch up with you after the game today.   Hope played as well as the Wartburg defense allowed them to play.  The  Knights have the advantage of having been to the playoffs before.  Hope's time will come as long as Coach Stursma is at the helm.  Have a great Thanksgiving.
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

formerd3db

DBQ:
Likewise, it was great to visit with you. I agree with all you say. Like you, I was impressed with Wartburg.  Their speed and experience was too notch today. I had thought we would have a chance at beating them, however, that false start penalty that caused us to settle for the FG rather than a TD essentially set the tone for the test of the game. Anyway, it was a great season fir us. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving as well. We'll keep in touch here on the boards.

Raider 68

To all the MIAA posters, Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving! :)

13 time Division III National Champions

sac

The last team to beat Mt. Union prior to the semi-finals in the NCAA tournament was Albion in 1994.

That was kind of before Mt. Union was MOUNT UNION

formerd3db

sac:  I was at that game.  It was a good one, but the weather very cold.

Congratulations to Hope's Zach Smith for being named 1st team All-American in the AFCA All-American team! 

formerd3db

Time Out here:

Very disappointing that Ferris State self imploded yesterday in their semifinal DII playoff game. Blew their chance at returning to the DII National Championship game to try and make up for their loss in the title game last year. Tough situation for Coach Anneze his staff and players and all the fans. I am not sure how I would feel in that situation-not sure which loss would feel worse-last year's or this one?

MUC57

I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

formerd3db

Quote from: MUC57 on December 21, 2019, 02:09:07 PM

formerd3db

Check your PM please.  ::)

Got it! Thanks! You can now check your PM as well!🙂

Raider 68

To all MIAA posters, Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

formerd3db

Thanks Raider68.  I second that to all our MIAA posters here.

formerd3db

formerd3db

Not a good sign...the University of Michigan president announced that IF they decide on not having on-campus students this fall, there will be NO football. I'd that happens, I believe that will be the death bell ring for MIAA, DII and NAIA football in Michigan this year as well. No time frame for decision was given, however, they'll have to decide by July I believe.